Thank you for listening to us ANet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Just thought I’d give a little shout-out. I definitely voice my opinion when things go wrong, so I’m gonna give credit where credit is due. Thank you ANet for fixing most of the Elementalist’s problems. We’re still not perfect (bugs, broken traits, etc) but the updates made my week already. I complain when ANet messes up, so I’ll thank them when they do a good job. Thank you!

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Im Too Godlike.5629

Im Too Godlike.5629

Idk about fixing most of the elementalists problems, i think theyve fixed about 25% of the elementalists problems in that patch… Still a long way to go.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Yes downed state fix is a good start, but we are still the worst profession overall. Countless bugged traits and abilities (mistform cd reduction, getting immobilized/killed in mistform,etc). Also burst builds are simply not viable. To be anything close to viable we have to spec and gear extremely heavy into toughness/healing. Meaning we have about 2 builds to choose from.

We have a LONG way to go still. At the moment rogues are just superior d/d elementalists, and engineers are superior in every other way to use (way more versatile, etc.).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

A thanks from my ele` also.
Luckily not had the chance to test out the new downed state, but that it`s been done is great.
Here`s hoping for the rest now

Edit: Hmm, just done WvW & got mobbed, first time tried to use skill 2 it had a 2 sec cd, but bugged I guess.
Next 2-3 times it went off split second I clicked it
But what`s with skill 3 now? Is that meant to be on a cd also & is this cd not meant to start until I leave cloud form?
Using the cloud so that everyone & their dog can follow me, then skill 3 being on a cd (assuming it wasn`t a glitch each time) it doesn`t interupt, the first time I fluked & got to use it, enemy didn`t even flinch & it wass just another drawn out death

/sigh

Magnetic Grasp, that worked well, except for 3 times when I was back in the good old “Stunned/panicked” mode.
RTL, well, just…….

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Isila.2574

Isila.2574

Our downed state and several of our skills (the blasts) have gone from “worthless” to simply “bad”. It’s a start.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Our downed state and several of our skills (the blasts) have gone from “worthless” to simply “bad”. It’s a start.

If you think this downed state is bad, then you don’t know how to play it, or simply expect downed states to be overpowered skillsets that make killing pointless.

Vapor Form is excellent at making you run back to your allies, and the #3 skill deals a lot of damage, to the point that I’ve been able to down a glass cannon thief who was at about 15% health with that skill alone (and because I was in a corner thanks to the form, and the thief was the only one targetting me at the moment, yet, he did get stomped before me). That was pretty cool.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

yesterday the new downed state saved my life 4 times in dungeons :o
Finally some PvE love >.>

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Donut.6914

Wow I guess some people can never be pleased. Ele has the best downed state in the game. They’re not unkillable like a Thief or Mesmer, but now we have a way to avoid a stomp, get to our friends, and the 3 skill does a kitten ton of damage if specced into conditions.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Lets hope it doesnt end here and both ele’s base survivability (glass cannon) and their scaling (bunker staff) gets a few more looks at. And maybe some Scepter love pretty pretty please. But its a good start!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

Wow I guess some people can never be pleased. Ele has the best downed state in the game. They’re not unkillable like a Thief or Mesmer, but now we have a way to avoid a stomp, get to our friends, and the 3 skill does a kitten ton of damage if specced into conditions.

Haha I know…our down state gets changed from possibly the worst in the game, to possibly the best in the game and people whine. Seriously…WTF.

Also, I think our downed state is much better than thief or mesmer. I can kill a thief on the first stomp if I am quick with lightning flash…it’s also intensely satisfying to do that.

Our mist form is literally unkillable while it is on…they HAVE to wait for it to wear off, and while it’s on, we can sometimes even get to safety like inside a keep, past our spawn line, or back inside our zerg.

I can literally go outside with a D/D ele during a keep siege, do my AoE damage and let them down me with ZERO fear of dying, because I can always mist right back in the keep.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Battery.5930

Battery.5930

What game making company would possible be so stupid not to listen to the community? Its making everybody happy thats the problem

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celine.3287

Celine.3287

This, here, is the issue. They just keep trying to force specific roles on us instead of letting us fulfill any role we want to, although they advertised all of this game’s professions as being able to do so.

It’s all about the money~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

This, here, is the issue. They just keep trying to force specific roles on us instead of letting us fulfill any role we want to, although they advertised all of this game’s professions as being able to do so.

So…you are forced into a condition build because of your #3 downstate ability? Seriously?

If you are spending so much time in downstate that you base your build off of it, then maybe you need to change your playstyle.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Definatly agree with this thread (Although the content of it people are still whining), thank you ANet for addressing said issues.

Happy Halloween!

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

Yes the change to downed state was a noticeable improvement. I don’t think we get the best downed state abilities but now I feel like we have something! Wisp Away!

THANK YOU!! <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

God. So many of you are so kittening negative. ArenaNet gives you something and you kitten and moan for more. Go learn to play. The new down state changes have already saved me and allowed my team to rez me countless times. The fire grab cone expansion has allowed me to face kitten more people.

Thank you ArenaNet for the balancing. Now please go work on Ranger, because compared to ele, they’re way UP. Thanks.

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Our downed state is excellent, but I don’t think it’s overpowered nor the best, in a good way. After our vapor form, we’re easy targets, while thieves and mesmers usually manage to annoyingly delay their death more frequently (although mesmer’s is bugged and you can easily identify who is the downed clone and the real one).

I do think our downed state is one of the most interesting ones when it comes to number of possibilities (the old one was the exact opposite). The new Vapor Form can have several different purposes, the #3 is strong enough that it’s so satisfying, and we can support our team’s spike with #1. It’s certainly a team-oriented downed state, but that makes it so fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Papaj.9035

Papaj.9035

You contradicted yourself with your opening statement, good job on the fail. “Best downed state in the game, but not unkillable like Thief or Mesmer.” If something is better, the better something is clearly superior, not inferior.

Also, I dread trying to spike a Mesmer, a good one takes half of your life with him as he eats the spike, stupid phantasms.

80 Norn Elementalist
Violent Impact [VI] Guild Master (Blackgate)
http://www.impact-gaming.us

in Elementalist

Posted by: shaolinwind.6932

shaolinwind.6932

Something I will share, getting mist/vapor form chill & damage trait along with lava font downed trait has made getting downed a fricken blast for me Sometimes I can kill things faster in downed state than when up…

And thats saying something about our dps potential on a normal level…not so much in a good way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

anet listens to “us”?

lol, new downed state is much worse and as usual it promotes skilless people over skilled ones, i much prefered the old downed state and rarely ever had any problems with it. Its just the mass of baddies that cried on forums and now every noob elementalist can be annoying with instant vapor.

there are no bugged traits? sure, try again, on top of my head ill give one > inscription (air trait) doesnt work with ulti

elementalist glass cannon has bad dmg compared to another class glass cannon and compared to its pathetic survivability
yeah… no

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

why do people insist on giving praise for doing whats expected?

there not even done too, i hope you understand a few fixes does not make any dev an amazing one

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

I am personally very happy about our new downed state, I might be a skilles noob I don’t care, but being able to prevent multiple stomps in spvp and moving out of dangerous areas while downed are only two of the reasons this is so much better than before.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

Thanks for the changes. Keep them coming!

why do people insist on giving praise for doing whats expected?

Because there are some people on the forum who are not negative whiny kids and they have no problem letting Anet know that they appreciate the changes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

so you think absolutely nothing is acceptable? why is it that when people dont get what they expected initially and then do get it months later they praise the man who did it

do you understand that if they fixed these absurd yet simple issues initially we would be receiving something for more interesting now?

when you hand in work 2 months over the due date is your boss/teacher thankful that they got it or upset they got it so late?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

How do you know that all those issues are actually simple, easy to fix? Don’t you also think that even if fixing the issue is not that much work, they still have to test the changes before releasing them so it can take more time? Don’t you think that in such a big project there is a lot of bugs to fix and balance so they cannot do everything at once?

If you have access to GW2 source code and Anet’s development process, so you are more informed then me, then I’m sorry.

Are you really comparing the relationship between developers of game without a subscription fee and the players to the relationship between the employer and his employees? Wow ..

I’m sorry, but there are still some polite people on the internet that say “thanks” when they like and appreciate something. I know .. it is crazy ..

(edited by kubetz.3058)

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

do you understand that if they fixed these absurd yet simple issues initially we would be receiving something for more interesting now?

Do you understand that the game just came out, and there’s a lot of things to fix, including 8 professions?

Do you understand that whatever the devs decide to pick first to fix, will appeal to some players, but other players will dislike it and say “no, fix our stuff first!”.

Because there’s no way to make everyone happy at the same time.

It’s important to analyze and criticize things we dislike because we want the game we like to play to keep improving and improving, but it’s egoist to demand that the devs work on the things we exactly want and devalue them otherwise. Or else, because everyone has a different opinion on what exactly must be done first, we would fall into a never ending cycle of ungrateful remarks. Which already happens to a certain extent, and has always been so on the internet, which is not exactly the most mature of places.

So, let’s give credit where credit is due. The changes we have gotten were wise and fix very nicely the problems they wanted to fix. We now have a good downed state that is fun and interactive, that is strong at what it does but never too strong to make our death impossible. And we now have a polished set for our D/D Dagger, where we can fend ourselves better with two improved defensive skills, where we can keep our targets where we need them to be with two improved movement control skills, and we have a more reliable burst. It used to be a weapon where the melee-range was a drawback too harsh, both when it came to hitting our targets or taking more damage.

Anet has said that they take their time to analyze and test their changes so the fixes are not rushed, and I can definitely see that with this patch. I’m very grateful for their hardwork.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

No credit is due. Elementalist is a wet kipper profession. It should never have been released.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

in Elementalist

Donut.6914

You contradicted yourself with your opening statement, good job on the fail. “Best downed state in the game, but not unkillable like Thief or Mesmer.” If something is better, the better something is clearly superior, not inferior.

Also, I dread trying to spike a Mesmer, a good one takes half of your life with him as he eats the spike, stupid phantasms.

How was I contradicting myself? I said Thieves and Mesmers were unkillable, but then I offered reasons for why Ele’s are still better. Stop kittening and being negative like the typical MMO player and learn to appreciate what you’re given.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Do you understand that the game just came out, and there’s a lot of things to fix, including 8 professions?

Just came out? The game has been out for over 2 month. Most (like 90%) of our still existing bugs have been known since the first beta weekend, so more than 4 month now. And a lot of those bugs would be easy fixes (mistform cd reduction, rtl cd reduction, …)