The -98% cond duration build seems changed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

Anyone else noticed immob/chill/cripple are lasting quite a bit longer with the -98% cond build in wvw? Previously those conditions would flash on for fractions of a second no matter how much +cond my enemy had. Seems the math has been changed on how -cond works or our -33% trait isn’t working. Or maybe I am crazy? lol

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

(edited by Liquid Swords.1740)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Also possible people have wised up and geared for +condition duration since it directly counters -condition duration. Metas will be metas…

in Elementalist

Liquid Swords.1740

+Condition duration never countered the -cond build before(chill/immob/crip only). -98% cond was far superior to anyone running however much +cond they want with the way math worked in the game. At least that is how it was working, now it is just different.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I dont run that setup on my elementalist but I run it on my warrior I don’t notice any difference for condi damage still flash for 1/2 a sec. A guardian puts the binding chains on me doesn’t stop me from moving at all I just have chains on me. This is for my warrior though I never ran this setup on my ele.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Liquid Swords.1740

Yeah i was watching a warrior that has a -98% cond setup and his still works as the ele one did before, pretty much cripple/chill/immob no matter the +duration was instantly gone. Makes me think maybe our trait is broken?

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

I will test this tonight when I wubwub.

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

+Condition duration never countered the -cond build before(chill/immob/crip only). -98% cond was far superior to anyone running however much +cond they want with the way math worked in the game. At least that is how it was working, now it is just different.

Players only assumed so, but it has already been tested and proved contrary.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-duration-vs-Condition-duration/first#post2214705

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lemongrass-The-numbers-don-t-lie/page/3#post2212705

Further proof is in the new Warrior ability, Berserker’s Stance which grants -100% condition duration. In the description of the ability it mentions that it provides immunity to unmodified conditions, granted I believe the current Berserker’s Stance is bugged.

in Elementalist

Liquid Swords.1740

My experience differs from most then on how it was working. I could be wrong but I have ran this build many times for a ton of hours in wvw and it is definitely different then it was last time i ran it. This is vs many +cond duration enemies in wvw.

Running this tonight I had 3 second+ cripples on me a 2 second+ chills/immobs. Never did that happen before.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

(edited by Liquid Swords.1740)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Just tested it, and it still works. Also, go attack TC.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-duration-vs-Condition-duration/first#post2214705

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lemongrass-The-numbers-don-t-lie/page/3#post2212705

Further proof is in the new Warrior ability, Berserker’s Stance which grants -100% condition duration. In the description of the ability it mentions that it provides immunity to unmodified conditions, granted I believe the current Berserker’s Stance is bugged.

Oh Ren’s test that was my warrior actually to help him put that together thanks for posting this didn’t know where he was posting the vid. I actually thought most people knew this information.

As that post shows though it just depends on if you get hit with a short base duration cripple to begin with.

Just a quick test shouldn’t be to hard to setup to confirm though.

If we happen to fight FA again I’d be happy to help anyone test I run melandru now on my war in that vid it was hoelbrak

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Liquid Swords.1740

Oh Ren’s test that was my warrior actually to help him put that together thanks for posting this didn’t know where he was posting the vid. I actually thought most people knew this information.

As that post shows though it just depends on if you get hit with a short base duration cripple to begin with.

Just a quick test shouldn’t be to hard to setup to confirm though.

If we happen to fight FA again I’d be happy to help anyone test I run melandru now on my war in that vid it was hoelbrak

Sounds good. If FA rng rolls Ebay tonight lets do it. Would be nice to have some +cond players around to see also.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Also possible people have wised up and geared for +condition duration since it directly counters -condition duration. Metas will be metas…

Since when was 5000% +condition duration available? That’s what you’d need to counter 98% -duration. Should be obvious how broken additive stacking is…l2gamemechanics ArenaNet kitten .

in Elementalist

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Since when was 5000% +condition duration available? That’s what you’d need to counter 98% -duration. Should be obvious how broken additive stacking is…l2gamemechanics ArenaNet kitten .

That’s actually not how the condition duration statistics interact! I don’t blame you for thinking it is though, since that is an oft-repeated myth on this forum.

Both condition duration modifiers interfere with one another additively (I think that’s the right term?) So, for example, if someone with +40% condition duration applies a 10s chill (base duration) to someone with -98% condition duration, the chill applied will be 10s * (1 + 0.40 – 0.98) for a 4.2s chill. Not nearly as severe as it would have been without defensive measures, but still noticeable.

For evidence, let me refer you to this thread.

Edit: Silly me, Leo G was already talking about this.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

This was changed a while ago by Anet, before CC even with condition duration didnt phase you if you had 98% reduction.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

I think the coolest thing Rennoko’s video proved was that condition duration over the cap continues to act as a counter buffer. I always thought that, since conditions cap at 100%, it’s pointless to get anything higher. While the opportunity cost of building a counter buffer doesn’t seem worthwhile, it could come into play in a team environment.

And then there’s the point that -duration has a ceiling since you can’t get -100% no matter what combo you make, but it’s possible to get +160% or higher for specific conditions.

That said, things could have changed since Rennoko’s testing. Can’t hurt to put math to the test, although it looks like Avatara already has. You should post the results :-P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I think the coolest thing Rennoko’s video proved was that condition duration over the cap continues to act as a counter buffer. I always thought that, since conditions cap at 100%, it’s pointless to get anything higher. While the opportunity cost of building a counter buffer doesn’t seem worthwhile, it could come into play in a team environment.

And then there’s the point that -duration has a ceiling since you can’t get -100% no matter what combo you make, but it’s possible to get +160% or higher for specific conditions.

That said, things could have changed since Rennoko’s testing. Can’t hurt to put math to the test, although it looks like Avatara already has. You should post the results :-P

You can even get +90% for all condition types. I think I run something like +90% for all conditions, +125% for bleed

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Liquid Swords.1740

I have played with this build some more. I have found that there is now diminishing returns on -cond reduction in pve the lower the lvl you play at. For example this build works great in orr as chill/immob/cripple are instantly gone but if you go to a lower level zone in the game for example spiders in Blazeridge the effectiveness of -cond is greatly reduced as I would get immmob’d for 2-3 seconds. This is definitely a recent change to how -cond works in pve low levels.

So this makes me wonder if it is applying to the level of players I ran into in wvw. I have yet to test this but I am guessing the issue were conditions coming from upleveled players in wvw and had something to do with dimished returns. I still remember a necro hitting me with a 4 second cripple with this build and I am not sure enough cond duration is in the game to do that unless they have access to a 10+ second or more cripple maybe?

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

That could be an effect of dynamic level scalings.

As is, your gear and food scale down with you and since that is the only place you can obtain -condition duration, it’s logical it scales and there is no display in the character window that shows how much -condition you have.

In blazeridge steppes, levels are scaled to level 40-60, so expect your Lemongrass to be scaled to Clam Chowder which offers -28% condition duration and expect your runes to be downgraded to the level 40 version so -14%. Traits don’t scale down, they always provide their bonuses in full (assumption here, this should be true but the only part about traits that scale is the stats you get from a trait line). That ultimately gets you 33 + 28 + 14 = 75% condition reduction.

It’s unlikely this scaling is taken into account in WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

That could be an effect of dynamic level scalings.

As is, your gear and food scale down with you and since that is the only place you can obtain -condition duration, it’s logical it scales and there is no display in the character window that shows how much -condition you have.

In blazeridge steppes, levels are scaled to level 40-60, so expect your Lemongrass to be scaled to Clam Chowder which offers -28% condition duration and expect your runes to be downgraded to the level 40 version so -14%. Traits don’t scale down, they always provide their bonuses in full (assumption here, this should be true but the only part about traits that scale is the stats you get from a trait line). That ultimately gets you 33 + 28 + 14 = 75% condition reduction.

It’s unlikely this scaling is taken into account in WvW.

This.

They changed all this a while back so being leveled down was more dramatic so you didn’t have guys like me in Full Zerker end game gear one shotting everything. Thems were the days….

Kodiak X – Blackgate