The Mono Elementalist?!

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Damash.1074

Damash.1074

Heey guysss,

I got a question which id like to be answered. I was thinking about playing an ele, but i didnt like the switching of elements all the time sooo…

Is it possible to specialize in 1 (and maybe 2) elements??
Cuz in both PvE and WvW i can play an engi with just my weapon set and a kit, so just 2 sets.. Is it possible for an ele to play just 1 and still be effective in PvE and WvW??

Alpha Alex

(edited by Damash.1074)

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

no. You will be completely useless if you don’t switch attunements.

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Spam fire 2.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQFAGIAIFQJ8gAGKQUwiiic2B-zQyAJPk0XWTgAZxIW1KiGruGT5CrdDkKOpBAQA4m38n38n3sMA6jB-e

Edit: Ignore the gear, that was some other window I had open.
I suppose this would work in WvW as well since it’s just bums circle capping.

(edited by Nilgoow.1037)

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

What Nilgoow said. Camping fire with staff and spamming 2 and 1 and 5 sometimes = win in PvE. You might need to switch attunement a sometimes (for swiftness or blast or healing) but that’s of secondary importance.

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

When I first got GW2 at launch, I was wondering if you could stay in 1-2 attunements only, but you won’t be very effective at all. It’s nothing like the GW1 elementalist where you could specialize in only Fire, or lightning(air) or Water or Earth.

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

There are traits in each attunement trait line that favor staying in the respective attunements. Mostly the ones that reduce cooldowns(20%) or increase damage (10%) for a single attunement, but there are many others as well that grant other bonuses. Like the GM trait in fire that gives might for fire spells cast. Or the Earth GM trait thats coming out (no critical hits while in Earth).

Incidently you have 70 trait point (not for long but i am yet to adapt to the new numbers), and you need only 30 for a single attunement trait line to be maxed. How you spend the rest is up to you.

What i do is concentrate on one element, and use the others as the need arises. Concentrating on Fire for example to build up Might. Using the projectile reflect of some earth spells when im faced with OP projectiles. Or chilling the mobs to slow them down, or trap them in a Static Field, or stopping them from pursuing me with Unsteady Ground. Then back to Fire and nuke them.

You can stay in one attunement all the time, and build for that tactic. The other attunements are there to help you though, and ignoring 3/4 of your weapon skills at all time is a colossal waste. Even if you dont want to use them, you should know them and learn to use them. You never know when you might need them until they save your life.

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

It does work alright in PvE with conjures. You could make a build that revolves around being in water for constant healing, +20% damage to vulnerable foes (25 air), Renewing Stamina for high vigor uptime etc. or try building around the new earth GM trait, so you’ll never be crit and also gain a boost to toughness. While I wouldn’t advise solely being in one attunement, you can stick to one or two most of the time and try working on providing yourself with means of survivability via traits and utility skills.

Having at least one conjured weapon is important, so you won’t be stuck with five high CD weapon skills.

Edit: Apparently others answered his question.

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Think there is one or two Dps-builds that almost never leaves fire.
Lightning-hammer is an alternative.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

You can as staff because fire attunement is the highest damage you can get from all, but you’ll still need to attune to water for heals and chill, air for CC, and earth for blast, CC and defense. PvE only.

Although, the best weapon set to spec in Fire trait line is scepter/dagger, but the other skills are too strong to stick with only one attunement..

(edited by FLiP.7680)

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

if you don’t want to switch attunements.. don’t even look at an elementalist.

Embrace the darkness..

The Mono Elementalist?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Notice how many threads there are complaining about eles dying to fast? You can come up with a damage dealing build that only needs one attunement but to stay alive you always need to switch attunements.

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.