The Sand Squall: Tempest Raid Tank

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBLhdyxAU2AWEB43AwhJW0AM3+agNxSECWBpxhAwCoCA-TBSAABBqHgCzfB8AA6U9HAOBAzv/QuKBpT5HpAgZZF-e

Default Build, but highly adjustable for each raid fight with minimal effort to combat Condi-specific or Crit-damage specific content.

Core Concept: Self-Sustainable, Adaptable Condi Damage Tank

The Sand Squall is, in my opinion until refuted by someone else with a better example, the strongest, most consistent, and most flexible raid tank option in guild wars 2.

The build is simple and revolves around easily adjustable traits in the Earth, Water, and Tempest trait lines.

The core stat type of the build is Settler’s stats, maximizing your Toughness while maintaining solid Healing Power and Condition Damage.

Stat Details

This build can achieve around 4,000 Armor, and permanent Protection with 40% damage reduction. Let that sink in. Enjoy it. This comes from the Settler’s stat items, Ascended Armor, Scepter 2nd ability passive, Signet of Earth passive, Earth Attunement passive from trait-line, and from the Earthen Shield’s passives. Permanent Protection is maintained from a fully channeled Earth Overload (and potentially supplemented by Aura trait in earth at the expense of Bleed Duration if needed when running full Shouts in the Condition Tank variant).

The Tempest has access to quite a decent amount of constant Bleed up-time while using Scepter and Warhorn, but can easily adjust weapons as needed. Focus is a great defensive option if a boss simply has ridiculous levels of sustained damage in later raids.

Additionally, the Tempest can switch into Fire for some quick might stacking and Burning stacks in situations in which they are not at risk of taking much damage. Air is largely never used save for mobility, while Water may be used to top off healing, assist an ally, or most importantly, to receive huge healing per second passively while wielding the Earthen Shield.

Lastly, if you wish to sacrifice some survival and sustain for better conditions, you can run Trailblazer armor. This will result in better total condition damage at the cost of significantly reduced healing per second. You could easily transition this build into a “high condition damage build” that requires some moderate healing from others, gaining more personal damage at the cost of losing your individual self-sustain.

Rune Choice

The Rune of the Defender works wonderfully for this build, providing a huge additional heal on top of the already good Signet of Renewal heal. It also can be activated by Blocking with the Earthen Shield 2nd ability. This could be substituded for a condition damage rune-set option if the Sand Squall is finding their Herculean defensive capability as overkill for the content. Rune of Balthazar or Nightmare/Trapper combinations would allow for a good Bleed/Burn combo.

Adaptability

The goal of this build is to remain as durable and self-sustaining as possible while still contributing Bleeding and Burn condition damage. Similarly, with some quick trait changes and utility adjustments, it can transition into a heavily condition damage resistant tank that also removes conditions on nearby allies, while maintaining permanent Protection, Vigor, and Regeneration.

Lastly, it has the unique function of all tank builds in GW2 in that, in the event of adds or eventual boss mechanics that may critically hit, this build can turn on the Stoneheart trait to become immune to them. Similar, Diamond Skin offers a similar level of immunity to conditions, especially considering how easy this build heals back to full.

Independence

This build should, under no circumstances, ever require external healing. If there ever is a situation in which this build ends up requiring sustained external healing to survive, this means that most likely some mechanic of the fight is not being fulfilled, as it should take less sustained damage than any other build.

Anti-Condi Shout Variant

In the event of a full condition damage tanking situation, you would switch to full Aura Shouts and Ether Renewal, and turn on Diamond Skin trait, and likely switch to a Focus. If you had a spare set for Soldier Runes, this would be advised as well, but likely not required unless a huge variety of conditions are present.

In the event that your group decides to use another tank instead of you (a foolish choice indeed!) you can transition into a healer by using a Staff and camping Water while spamming all your shouts with the aura healing trait, maybe using Soldier Runes for my condition cleanse if needed.

Playstyle

Predominantly camp Earth, Water, or Fire depending on the combat need. Stay in Earth long enough to dump all bleeds and fully charge and complete Overload Earth for permanent protection, then switch to either Water or Fire. Fire if you are above 80% health and do not appear to be getting damage in the near future, OR Water if you are lower than 80% health and feel that sustained healing will be more important.

While in Water, or if in Fire after blowing your overload and have used all your persistent Burn effects and Heat Sync, conjure your Earthen Shield. This will provide increased toughness and vitality, as well as give you access to strong bleed stacking, a Block = Heal from second skill that also applies more bleeds, and an Invulnerability if the need arises. This also has a Pull and Daze to assist with break bare phases, which are mandatory on raids to Finish Off bosses.

If using the Default build, fire off both Fire and Earth Signets on cool down, and Renewal as needed as well, since Writ in Stone will maintain their passives (not that we really benefit from the Fire passive much anyway). Always be using SOME ability at all times to maximize the amazing sustain of Signet of Renewal, which becomes extremely potent while using Earthen Shield while in Water, thanks to the highly empowered Soothing Mist.

Conclusion

The end result for the Sand Squall is a Tank that is neigh impenetrable while still contributing a fairly steady amount of condition damage while keeping the boss as stationary as possible.

I cannot stress this point enough. Some of the highest DPS options for Tempest, Elementalist, Engineer, and several other classes work best when an opponent is stationary. This allows the above build to focus on enabling the damage of these builds by being the ultimate anchor, and as such it is up to the Sand Squall user to learn any mechanics of the boss fights that would require movement, and only move if these effects require it.

For example, in the BWE3 test, the Vale Guardian would summon small blue lightning AoE under himself that would teleport those hit by the ability in a random location. Additionally, allies would need to “gather up” on special ground targeted areas to diffuse a raid wide damage burst. Possitioning the boss in range of those player’s range abilities, WHILE keeping the boss as stationary as possible, WHILE avoiding its AoE Teleport with a well timed dodge or slight movement adjustment, is key to keeping the boss stationary 90% of the fight, which maximizes DPS up-time and reduces the chaotic nature of the fight.

I will be running this through all wings of Lost Vale, and I will report its effectiveness in the coming weeks

Acknowledgement of other good tanks

While I firmly believe the Sand Squal is the be-all best raw damage mitigation and most self-sustained Tank option, there are several other tank builds that DO still have an important role to play.

For example, both Death Magic Toughness to Power conversion Reapers make the best balance of “good enough defense, with great offense” and cleave down groups of weaker enemies better than The Sand Squall by far, but against serious boss damage they will not sustain as well.

Guardian/Dragonhunter has some strong reactive tanking through Aegis spam and Shield of Courage to block for up to 4 allies in addition to them-self.

Heralds can tank well enough while providing substantial support to allies through a mixture of Jallis and Glint, or play a flexible off-tank and Healer with a Clerics gear set with Ventari and Glint. Lastly, Revenent/Herald Malix make the absolute best Condition Damage tanks in the entire game due to their easily maintained Resistance buff, as well as earning bonus points as the Disenchanter for the raid to remove a boss’s boons.

Lastly, Rangers can also gear and trait for very high sustained personal defense that is almost on par with the Tempest, will still providing modest damage their their pets, and additional healing for allies if also running Druid.

All that said, I firmly believe that in the truly hardest boss fights, The Sand Squall will reign supreme as the absolute best “main tank” for taking on sustained, high damage boss hits continuously, and may make certain encounters easier due to their unparalleled levels of damage mitigation, although the other Tank options will each have their fights and scenarios in which they too shine.

(edited by Swiftwynd.1685)

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

For the very high condition damage alternative, look no further than the following:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMoshFRwvB8RsIAYut2ZbtNIAEKPADxgdQRA-TBSTABDr+ThnAglV+Z4DAAg9H208XbKBnVPApAgZZF-e

This version completely ignores healing power in favor of significantly higher sustained condition damage while still being exceptionally durable, but your ability to self-sustain with healing gets thrown out in favor of this extremely high sustained damage.

This combination would be ideal for less serious fights, or for fights when damage is more of a concern and the boss itself isnt doing overwhelming damage.

At 25 might stacks, this build essentially has almost 3,000 Condition Damage with 100% (99.67%) condition duration for Bleeding and Burning. While having over 3,500 Armor and 1500 Health. Loses all of the Healing Power though The values exceed the above when using Earthen Shield and Fiery Greatsword.

The double conversion of Toughness into Condition damage and Power into Condition damage, with all the free power from Might stacks, is HUGE.

I’m actually starting to believe I just discovered the highest Pure Condition damage build in the entire game, so no other class benefits from multiple conversions of various stats into Condition damage. Time will tell if I can ever manage to make a full Ascended Trailblazer set.

(edited by Swiftwynd.1685)

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Bleeds are pretty kitten since June patch. You want to maximise burning and for that dagger is a better choice. Moreover, power overwhelming loses with pyromancer’s training horribly, not picking 33% cdr is a capital sin.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I did pick power overhelming and swap out for pyromancers when i use staff. Forgot to swap trait back and wondered why i blasted things to pieces much faster when in fire LoL ….
and trailblazer is so tempting …. I am just a fan having a good portion on precision …. But i think of geting trailblazer armor set with a viper headpiece…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Element.4319

Element.4319

Where can you get trailblazer trinkets and orbs?

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Hard … Do events in HoT map. Buy insignias and craft exotic. Information in wiki is unfortunately still very low.

in Elementalist

Element.4319

Hard … Do events in HoT map. Buy insignias and craft exotic. Information in wiki is unfortunately still very low.

I see that the trailblazer recipe’s are on TP, but the insignia is still not found? Been searching google and reddit and I’m not getting clear answers.

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

Yea the biggest assumption is that the nuock vender in TD is bugged. The trailblazer recipies drop from that zone and the chak weapons are trailblazer.

in Elementalist

Element.4319

Yea the biggest assumption is that the nuock vender in TD is bugged. The trailblazer recipies drop from that zone and the chak weapons are trailblazer.

Thanks, and what about the trailblazer trinkets?

I hope it get’s fixed in today’s patch.

in Elementalist

Element.4319

AAANNNND .. .it was fixed in today’s patch! Let the theorycrafting testing begin!

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I guess this is a concept that is complete foreign to me, probably, because I haven’t done any of the raid content.

I don’t understand how a tank concept can exist without any kind of taunt mechanic.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

I guess this is a concept that is complete foreign to me, probably, because I haven’t done any of the raid content.

I don’t understand how a tank concept can exist without any kind of taunt mechanic.

The first boss at least 100% targets the player with the highest armor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

Armor? So Toughness isn’t a factor?

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

Armor? So Toughness isn’t a factor?

Its weird in gw2. I think armor value is the total combined stats for defense from armor and toughness. Basically, highest total defensive stats is what determine aggro on first boss

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

I am both happy and sad to report that my build worked well. In fact too well. I took virtually no damage during the raid to a point of wishing i could simply deal more condi damage. I think the base healing withiut healing power will likely be more than sufficient for the firdt boss at least.

Im going to switch my ascended gear over to trailblazer tomorrow if possible.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Errk.9286

Errk.9286

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XClNg9XCGNA8RgFBAzt1ObztBBgCwDYIIsDuhA-TBiAQBOU9Ho9AAsoyPAcCAWy+Dmz8j/0DIJlgBAOA2tuBw4jP+4jPeBdLFAErtA-e

Much better I think, basically what I will be running once I get a hold of some trailblazers. Basically you keep fire shield up to give you that bit of extra burning. Can change out the heal skill to whatever. I usually run rebound for elite because it will proc an extra fire shield in rotation but FGS is nice if you want a full on burning build.

(edited by Errk.9286)

in Elementalist

Posted by: obstinate giraffe.9276

obstinate giraffe.9276

I played this build as the tank for the first boss. Like Swift said, it works too well — I feel like I’m sacrificing DPS with the settler’s armour. I’m considering swapping it out for dire, which will lower my toughness, add vitality, and add more sweet, sweet condition damage. The healing is nice, but certainly not necessary.

The shield is overkill too. I found myself swapping it out for asura technobabble to help stun the boss.

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

I played this build as the tank for the first boss. Like Swift said, it works too well — I feel like I’m sacrificing DPS with the settler’s armour. I’m considering swapping it out for dire, which will lower my toughness, add vitality, and add more sweet, sweet condition damage. The healing is nice, but certainly not necessary.

The shield is overkill too. I found myself swapping it out for asura technobabble to help stun the boss.

I’d strongly recommend waiting for Trailblazer’s insignia/inscriptions to be fixed in the mystic forge to change any ascended and use that stat combo on everything.

Being able to get to 100% condition duration for bleeding and burning, along with rune of Undead to convert all that extra toughness into condi damage, gives you ridiculously good condi damage potential while only really losing some healing power and a tiny bit of toughness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trule.3549

Trule.3549

Swift, in your DPS build you include Sand Squall, but without the warhorn. Does this still trigger without a warhorn? I’d read somewhere that it did, but I just tried it and it doesn’t look like it does.

in Elementalist

obstinate giraffe.9276

I’d strongly recommend waiting for Trailblazer’s insignia/inscriptions to be fixed in the mystic forge to change any ascended and use that stat combo on everything.

Being able to get to 100% condition duration for bleeding and burning, along with rune of Undead to convert all that extra toughness into condi damage, gives you ridiculously good condi damage potential while only really losing some healing power and a tiny bit of toughness.

Definitely agree here. I really hope we get trailblazer’s soon as well. Also, since I find myself staying in fire attunement quite a lot on the first boss, I’m considering trying to push in more damage. I’ll be looking into the build a bit more when I get online, and try and do a bit of tweaking. I’ve recently been looking at WP’s condi ele and I see a huge amount of potential there.

When I think about what I actually need, the toughness and perma prot suffices. Earth shield can be dropped for glyph of elemental power for more condi, and I personally think Rebound could be dropped for the FGS. The 2 skill stacks a serious amount of burning and its positioning is PERFECT for the tank who’s just ahead of the boss and is slowly pulling him back. In addition, you can switch through attunements with the FGS and keep up your perma prot without having to drop the weapon.

At first I was a big fan of using the scepter, but in my laziness, I didn’t keep up the #2 Earth spell very much, to the point where I question its necessity. If the #2 spell isn’t getting much use, then dagger might be a better choice for MH. Quick-turning and doing a fire line for the boss to run onto as you’re hitting the WH AoE and Fire Overload? Dat’s some nice deeps, me tinks. That, in my opinion, is the “burst phase” of a potential D/Wh tank build. After that, you can switch to Earth, stack bleeds and prot, then pop FGS for more damage if you’re doing well. Then it’s back to fire for more burst condi.

As you said, the build works too well as a tank. Trailblazer’s only adds to its survivability, imo, since HP doesn’t do all that much. So if we cut away at its tankiness to maximise condition damage, we can make one of the most useful tank builds in the game.

in Elementalist

obstinate giraffe.9276

Playing around a bit with my suggestions in the above post. I put everything as cookie cutter ascended, so understandably this is the build’s maximum potential, imo.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFQQJBIhdyxAU0A2fJ43AwHBWEAM3W7sN3GEAKAHghYwOoIA-TBiAQBOU9nEpnAAPAAPqMIanAgls/gkUCKGleBAOA2tuBwyLv8yLvc7GIFAMTjA-e

High toughness, high vitality, and absurdly high condition damage, especially if you stick on the FGS. 88% (assuming it stacks rather than being a complex percentile thing) is as high as I managed to get burn duration without resorting to Viper’s gear. With 40% perma prot, you’ll have the survivability, but I think this build has the potential to really dish out a lot of damage through burns all the while.

in Elementalist

Trule.3549

Are there any good laurel trinkets that would be good for this build until I can get trailblazers?

in Elementalist

obstinate giraffe.9276

The Rabid+Dire ones. I’m honestly thinking Dire might be better to run than Trailblazer’s. Most tanks seem to be running Soldier’s, which is the power equivalent to Dire, and we have enhanced toughness through Earth Attunement, Signet of Earth, and a nice permanent 40% protection. Needs testing, so unfortunate we don’t have some kind of tank golem in the Heart of the Mists.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I also donĀ“t think i will change trinkets to trailblazer. I use the dire/rabid trinkets and a rabid backpack. I currently just think to make the armor a mix of viper and trailblazer.
Its tempting to get the armor higher but i think it is not as efficient as going a bit power with viper and more HP and Condi damage with the dire trinkets.

in Elementalist

obstinate giraffe.9276

I’m looking at the feedback from other raids and it honestly looks like toughness is more of a threat requirement than it is a requirement to survive. I’m personally going to give Exotic Dire armour + weapons and Ascended Sinister trinkets a go tonight.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I currently go with giver weapons, rabid armor, dire/rabid trinkets. I think i like to go for a viper/trailblazer armor mix and put in 1-2 more rabid trinkts instead of the dire to keep more precision. This will give me 48% base condi duration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Hey, so I’ve been looking for a D/Wh burning focused build that is also durable.
Gotta say this build almost hits the jackpot, Only 2 things still bother me: Looking for something a bit more dmg focused (Not too glassy though. As I said, looking for something durable), and second thing is budget.
Pretty much all the builds here were using tons of unconventional ascended gear, and I just don’t want to invest that much into a build I haven’t even tried yet :/

Can anyone help me come up with a build that solves these?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

Alrighty just spent 7 hours on Vale Guardian again with this build, and all I can say is D<QALWDMALMFALD ANET, fix your Trailblazer ascended recipe mystic forge bug please!

Trailblazer will offer significantly more damage than my original build, and I’m so desperate I might just make a full exotic set to hold me out until they finally fix it.

That said, it is nice to also be able to play back up healer, and I will miss that aspect of Settlers, but we’re simply not hitting our damage thresholds we need with my group, and I know my lack of damage is a big part of that.

in Elementalist

Trule.3549

I’ve played the build a bit and I can see that its easy to keep up protection while in earth after overloading. I’m not sure how this works though, I can’t see any traits that give protection for 20 seconds… and it only happens in earth attunement…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadow.9418

Shadow.9418

I’ve played the build a bit and I can see that its easy to keep up protection while in earth after overloading. I’m not sure how this works though, I can’t see any traits that give protection for 20 seconds… and it only happens in earth attunement…

In this case it’s Overload Earth (Ride your stored earth magic around, granting protection to other allies you move over and crippling enemies, then deliver a final blast of power to the area. Using this skill causes the attunement to have a longer recharge.) and Sand Squall (Apply protection to yourself and your allies, then increase the duration of all boons currently existing on you and your allies. Gain magnetic aura). If you also pick up the trait elemental shielding from the earth line then any aura you cast will also grant protection.

I have been messing around face tanking stuff in the HoT maps with full ascended celestial and earth-arcane-tempest http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJBLhdyxA0gJ23AYhJwhJW2AM396fdwO8ACATgiewOoNC-TBhagAAK/G1DgqE0X9HA-e. This seems to work fine for general solo pve even if it takes ages to kill anything, so definitely not raid or dungeon worthy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Has anyone actually gotten past the first boss with this build?

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

The storm that applies protection in an area after completing earth overload has very strong protection application. Its the reward for completing the overload.

in Elementalist

Trule.3549

Thanks for the update guys

in Elementalist

Posted by: IceTwenty.6957

IceTwenty.6957

I’ve settled on Ele as my PvE main, and I’ve been trying to decide how exactly I want to build her for raids. I was thinking healer (Auramancer tempest), but this… this actually sounds amazing. Largely because it matches up perfectly with the only two ascended weapons I have (a scepter I crafted and The Northern Wind). I haven’t yet committed to making any gear other than that scepter, though (my ele is still in zerker exotics from forever ago and I have yet to even try to get into a raid) – but from what I’m seeing, Trailblazer’s is the way to go?

I’m in the same situation as what someone else mentioned – I don’t think I can afford the new stat items. Hell, for that matter, I don’t think I can afford a full set of ascended armor – even if I just stick to daily crafting and don’t buy ascended mats, it’s still going to take a very long time and probably drain my wallet to get a full set (I’m usually sitting around 150-175g).

The only reason I’m even thinking about raiding is that I keep hearing that for non-DPS roles, full ascended isn’t required (and I’m definitely able to get ascended weapons + trinkets). So would this build be okay with Rabid exotic armor/ascended trinkets and Trailblazer’s weapons? I’m sure I can afford to swap stats on my weapons, at the very least.

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

I’ve settled on Ele as my PvE main, and I’ve been trying to decide how exactly I want to build her for raids. I was thinking healer (Auramancer tempest), but this… this actually sounds amazing. Largely because it matches up perfectly with the only two ascended weapons I have (a scepter I crafted and The Northern Wind). I haven’t yet committed to making any gear other than that scepter, though (my ele is still in zerker exotics from forever ago and I have yet to even try to get into a raid) – but from what I’m seeing, Trailblazer’s is the way to go?

I’m in the same situation as what someone else mentioned – I don’t think I can afford the new stat items. Hell, for that matter, I don’t think I can afford a full set of ascended armor – even if I just stick to daily crafting and don’t buy ascended mats, it’s still going to take a very long time and probably drain my wallet to get a full set (I’m usually sitting around 150-175g).

The only reason I’m even thinking about raiding is that I keep hearing that for non-DPS roles, full ascended isn’t required (and I’m definitely able to get ascended weapons + trinkets). So would this build be okay with Rabid exotic armor/ascended trinkets and Trailblazer’s weapons? I’m sure I can afford to swap stats on my weapons, at the very least.

If you are strictly focused on supporting / tanking, you can certainly go with exotic Settlers, which I don’t think was too expensive to craft? Cant recall. The original build does just fine at actually healing and tanking, the issue is the damage is low, just not as low as a cleric’s build.

Its hard to say though, having attempted the second boss for a good while now, I honestly dont think there is room for anyone NOT doing maximum potential dps with the current timer limits on that boss, which frankly I think is a bit sad from a build diversity and design stand point, the fight is strictly “kill it faster, FASTER, or die.”

in Elementalist

Trule.3549

anyone had a chance to try this with trailblazers yet?

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

anyone had a chance to try this with trailblazers yet?

Still bugged,

Glares at 6 Insignias and 2 Inscriptions sitting in bags

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scamander.5147

Scamander.5147

To the OP, in the 2nd build you posted, would you consider Conjure fire axe over the earth shield? It gives + condition damage which would add a bit more punch to overloads as well as have its own rotation. Or is is just considered a bad Conjure?

I am trying it out atm with Trailblazers gear and a mix of Travelers and Rabid trinkets.
Not sure on what weapon type to use yet but currently using Settlers as it is the only Scepter I own. I use this in WvW and Maguuma Jungle and it feels good but I probably need to play around with my stats to find a sweet spot. The burst healing from water 3-4-5 is still pretty great but I could probably make do with a bit less healing power.

Here is a link to what the build looks like stat wise if anyone is curious. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhcMoshlOwvB8RsIAYut2ZbtNIAEKPADxgdQRA-TxiAQBXQJoDV/ZCmeg2JAAAPAgls/g/0DYOTQOwMwcU6BFlBkCAmlVA-e .

Also considering changing the Rabid to vipers. More expertise and still has cond damage, power (more cond dmg) and the prec does not hurt with burn on crit trait.

Do note, I am not looking to get max damage out of this build, but that was probably obvious. I still go with a berserkers set-up for that.

in Elementalist

Trule.3549

Anyone know how this compares in damage output to the 22k dps build by Particular?

in Elementalist

Swiftwynd.1685

Anyone know how this compares in damage output to the 22k dps build by Particular?

It will do less damage for sure since its forgoing the physical damage stats, but it gains huge toughness and decent health. It will deal more raw condi damage than that build but not enough to make up for the lost physical.