The last time a Dev spoke to this Forum...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

… was on Page 22. Between here and there, there are a scattering of community people shutting down threads for doing such heinous things as even asking what a Bunker build is, as well. Rangers currently have a whole row of Red Response threads with devs apologizing for not buffing them enough.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

0_0

well i’ll be a son of a puppy….

you went through 22 pages just to find that? lol

but yeah, i agree, the dev team do seem to be focusing on other classes and ignoring elementals all-together…..

and so shall the cycle of the “A mage? where” begins :\

and we don’t even get an apology for being nerfed 6 feet under the ground…sounds reasonable…(Sarcasm)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Melchior.2135

Since threads with a dev response are clearly marked, it took about 5 minutes… and only that long because I had to check the threads killed by the Community Thought Police and verify that they were false alarms.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

To be fare rangers were in the dog house. They had been thrown to the wolves as a class. I mean the classes’ bark was way worse than its bite. The bleed damage short bow build was soon figured out by everyone. Rangers and the devs realized that dog wouldn’t hunt and had become pretty poor as a class over all. Now it seems you have got a bee in your bonnet over our nerfs but fret not we have options just not as many as we used to. Now your barking up the wrong tree if your trying to use rangers as your example. Now I think I have got a bird’s eye view on the situation. For staff its terrible but for the rest of us its just a little sting.

Now those fat cats over at Anet have got us all like cats on a hot tin roof. Our class isn’t broken. Anet was just like a bull in a china shop all they caused was a mess. We as birds of a feather need to flock together now to show our disappointment. Now they may have got our goat but were not beating a dead horse. Keep Anet aware that this dark horse of a class still has a community and voice.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Elementalist

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

Clearly they have ele in the spotlight, with the majority of prof changes goes for ele. Dev response in the ranger forum has yet to bear any fruit.

in Elementalist

Melchior.2135

PvE Rangers are kittening amazing. My 2nd 80 is a Ranger who facerolled to 100% map completion in a quarter of the time it took my Elementalist. This isn’t a case of the Elementalist taking his sweet time scouting things out and then the Ranger knowing the efficient path – they both hit 80 at around 30% map completion, Elementalist first by a few weeks. Then the Ranger just kept rocking, sweeping across territory that my Elementalist would then timidly follow into, spending ages longer completing, constantly broke because he was too scared to kill things he absolutely didn’t have to or approach resource nodes in hostile territory, and because his frequency of armor repairs was so much higher. Luckily, the Ranger can farm like none other (see: 95% of botters, who chose Ranger because it’s so strong in PvE that you don’t even have to have a player at the keyboard), so she bankrolled my sissy little Elementalist the whole way. SPvP and WvW are different for Rangers? I honestly don’t give a crap. I’m a PvE player.

I knew a nerf to Elementalist Bunkers was coming, and thought it would be fair and just. That one trick was definitely performing higher than it should have, and I didn’t use it. I just expected they’d do it at the same time as buffs to… anything else the class could potentially do. Instead, they took their time to crap all over that build, crap all over a bunch of other things just in case the handful of non-Bunker Elementalists didn’t understand that we’re at the bottom of the totem pole, and slap some underwhelming stat boosts on a bunch of powers that still won’t be worthwhile to use. The Conjuration Buffs are like finding out your parents forgot to get you Christmas presents, so your dad filled your stocking with pens and notepads he stole from work. kittening thanks!

They took time and programming resources to NERF TORNADO.

TORNADO.

TORNAAAAADO.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Why would a dev want to come here?

They know they’ve consistently ripped the class and nerfed it to the ground.
They know that we are not stupid and blind to this.
They know we are all very unhappy about it.
They know all other classes are far more efficient.
They know we would rip them a new back-end if they came here.

They ran away from us months ago for these very reasons. They probably won’t ever come back…

I’m far happier playing as a warrior then an elementalist. I don’t care for the warrior class, just want to be able to play the game with a character that won’t die in 1-2 hits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Novalight.7568

Novalight.7568

The Conjuration Buffs are like finding out your parents forgot to get you Christmas presents, so your dad filled your stocking with pens and notepads he stole from work. kittening thanks!

Ahahah, this one made my day.

P.S. I hate conjured weapons. Thx for giving the class with (allegedly) most skills some skills that enable me to use other skills because original skills suck.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well the conjured frostbow buff was needed….
I some dungeons i had warriors demanding me to summon the frost bow so they could enojy even more their class….

I mean what a warrior wants is a must we have to summon weapons for warriors…that is our role….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

=D, elementalist was pretty much pure crap from release. They first had this incredibly weak downed state with no real viable build. Then they had only bunker and support builds and now they have builds that are inferior to every other class there is so there is 0 reason to play an Elementalist. You already put yourself at a disadvantage by playing elementalist but now the advantage is just to obvious that other classes have over elementalist. Also it’s much harder to kill anything, even npc’s are harder to kill for ele then any other class.

It’s a class without the high burst damage and without any kind of support abillities. They should’ve just made elementalist a support class imo though because at the current state they likely won’t be viable in PvP to play.

Devs are just dumb in this game when it comes to balance btw, just look at raid of the capricorn. Nuff said.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

It really concerns me that nothing has been addressed about build viability.

I fully believe the only reason “bunker” builds existed on the Elementalist is not because it’s everyone’s first choice but because it’s kind of our last option.

in Elementalist

Posted by: metalsonic.2503

metalsonic.2503

PvE Rangers are kittening amazing. My 2nd 80 is a Ranger who facerolled to 100% map completion in a quarter of the time it took my Elementalist. This isn’t a case of the Elementalist taking his sweet time scouting things out and then the Ranger knowing the efficient path – they both hit 80 at around 30% map completion, Elementalist first by a few weeks. Then the Ranger just kept rocking, sweeping across territory that my Elementalist would then timidly follow into, spending ages longer completing, constantly broke because he was too scared to kill things he absolutely didn’t have to or approach resource nodes in hostile territory, and because his frequency of armor repairs was so much higher. Luckily, the Ranger can farm like none other (see: 95% of botters, who chose Ranger because it’s so strong in PvE that you don’t even have to have a player at the keyboard), so she bankrolled my sissy little Elementalist the whole way. SPvP and WvW are different for Rangers? I honestly don’t give a crap. I’m a PvE player.

I knew a nerf to Elementalist Bunkers was coming, and thought it would be fair and just. That one trick was definitely performing higher than it should have, and I didn’t use it. I just expected they’d do it at the same time as buffs to… anything else the class could potentially do. Instead, they took their time to crap all over that build, crap all over a bunch of other things just in case the handful of non-Bunker Elementalists didn’t understand that we’re at the bottom of the totem pole, and slap some underwhelming stat boosts on a bunch of powers that still won’t be worthwhile to use. The Conjuration Buffs are like finding out your parents forgot to get you Christmas presents, so your dad filled your stocking with pens and notepads he stole from work. kittening thanks!

TORNADO.

TORNAAAAADO.

This is 100% true. If you play Elementalist you shouldn’t play the game, haven’t been online for like a month. Was hoping they would change Elementalist because I got bored of the bunker builds and the supportive builds because those builds were the only builds elementalist wasn’t like doing half of the efficiency of another class.

So now there is absolutely no reason ( 0 ) to play an elementalist in PvP. Just don’t play it stay away from it if you play to win because winning with an elementalist won’t happen because they’re the worst at everything currently.

in Elementalist

Posted by: soraky.7418

soraky.7418

TORNADO.

TORNAAAAADO.

This is 100% true. If you play Elementalist you shouldn’t play the game, haven’t been online for like a month. Was hoping they would change Elementalist because I got bored of the bunker builds and the supportive builds because those builds were the only builds elementalist wasn’t like doing half of the efficiency of another class.

So now there is absolutely no reason ( 0 ) to play an elementalist in PvP. Just don’t play it stay away from it if you play to win because winning with an elementalist won’t happen because they’re the worst at everything currently.

Other than guards (who have the sense to not complain) and warriors (who are still complaining), this is the tune of all other classes right now.

What does that tell us?

in Elementalist

Melchior.2135

It looks like the Community people have exiled themselves from the Elementalist forum too now. They’re killing threads without bothering to post why. It’s a bad sign for Elementalists when even the Mods don’t want to talk to us.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

With the frothing rage many on these forums are right now, I would not want to be the mod that had to get dogpiled for doing any less than fixing everything ever.