The one thing I would change most with elementalist is smooth out the buttons between attunements

The one thing I would change most with elementalist is smooth out the buttons between attunements

in Elementalist

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

….is smooth out the button layouts between attunements.

Elementalist skills are just all over the place.

Like for example one attunement your big aoe skill is attached to button 5, but when you swap attunements, that attunements big aoe spell is on button 4, then when you change to another attunement, the aoe spells are on buttons 3 and 4.

Or another example is if you are running dagger/dagger, the gap closers are on separate buttons. Blazing speed is on the 3, RtL on 4. This is unnecessary.

Elementalist has to utilize its attunements, but having to dance at every button slot for the right spell per attunement is probably the worst thing about the class.

Put things like your dodge/movement skills to one universal button. AOE to another button. Single target to the same.

(edited by piitb.7635)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

There are definitely other things I would change LONG before this. I don’t know how long you have been playing it, but eventually your skills and their locations become second nature to you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razgriz.7319

Razgriz.7319

I don’t think this is necessary at all. As Daedalus says, after awhile, it becomes second nature. I don’t even think about it any more and I hardly even look at my skill bar.

What I would suggest, is pick out a weapon set you like, and just play that set until you’ve reach that level of mastery. It’ll go a lot quicker if you stick to it.

~ 80 Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

It is no different to weapon swaps for any other class. Each attunement has such different spells to begin with that you could not hope to match them up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Agreed. I have no issue whatsoever with the location of the skills. It just takes a few hours to get used to it, but you’ll get there, I’m sure.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Sure we have muscle memory (I played a Warden in Lotro) but there is this really cool feature in most games today that allows you to change the order of your skillbar. Frankly the current UI has many dated features thrown in with a few newer takes on them.

I don’t want to remap my keys but I’d really love to be able to move my skills around in the slots we’re given. This has to allowed into the game looking ahead if they ever decide to introduce selectable skills instead of new weapon types.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

well so far for me all my skills aer attached to my mind, im just using my mind to control my ele, is like we share the same body. (im using razer molten core edition whit 14 extra bottons). FIRE, AIR, EARTH, WATER.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Micky.3782

Micky.3782

Sure we have muscle memory (I played a Warden in Lotro) but there is this really cool feature in most games today that allows you to change the order of your skillbar. Frankly the current UI has many dated features thrown in with a few newer takes on them.

I don’t want to remap my keys but I’d really love to be able to move my skills around in the slots we’re given. This has to allowed into the game looking ahead if they ever decide to introduce selectable skills instead of new weapon types.

Wardens op

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It already kinda works like that. For example, for MH dagger, both the fire leap and the earth leap are number 3.

RTL is number 4 because it’s part of OH dagger. If it was number 3, Scepter eles wouldn’t have access to it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SuperMonkey.4860

SuperMonkey.4860

….is smooth out the button layouts between attunements.

Elementalist skills are just all over the place.

Like for example one attunement your big aoe skill is attached to button 5, but when you swap attunements, that attunements big aoe spell is on button 4, then when you change to another attunement, the aoe spells are on buttons 3 and 4.

Or another example is if you are running dagger/dagger, the gap closers are on separate buttons. Blazing speed is on the 3, RtL on 4. This is unnecessary.

Elementalist has to utilize its attunements, but having to dance at every button slot for the right spell per attunement is probably the worst thing about the class.

Put things like your dodge/movement skills to one universal button. AOE to another button. Single target to the same.

There’s only a few problems with this. While most people have mentioned the whole “it becomes second nature”, have a look at staff:

Fire – 5 —> Meteor Shower —> Big Aoe
Fire – 4 —> Burning Retreat —> Movement Affecting
Fire – 2 —> Lava Front —> Small Aoe
Water – 5 —> Healing Rain —> Big Aoe
Water – 4 —> Frozen Ground —> Movement Affecting
Water – 2 —> Ice Spike —> Small Aoe
Lightning – 5 —> Static Field —> Big-ish Aoe (atleast in CD)
Lightning – 4 —> Windborne Speed —> Movement Affecting

etc. So for staff, everything is set up EXACTLY the way you are wanting it to be.

The problem you seem to have is with dagger/dagger or scepter/dagger.
The thing here is… if a fire gap closer is on 3, but the lightning gap closer is on 4, that means that the fire gap closer is given by the mainhand and the lightning gap closer is given by the offhand. So that can’t possibly be changed — its dependant on your weapons, and the reason for them doing it like that is balance.

TL;DR – Spells are on “one universal button” where possible it seems, but when you’re dual wielding weapons its hard to have a single universal button because of where you’re getting the weapon skills from.
Also, you get used to it. Pretty quickly, too.