The value of celestial gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

Q:

So, we have a major update coming in a few short days and an expansion in the near future. The meta will likely be shifting in some way, whether I’ll be major or not, I’m not sure. This leads me to question the value of a serious gear investment at this time.

I’m on the verge of being able to complete a full celestial set of gear for my elementalist. We’re talking full exotic gear, two ascended daggers, and Light of Dwayna. I could have this all done in a week or two. But, I’m questioning the decision to move forward with it.

Do you think that celestial gear is going to undergo a massive change with this new patch? Will I regret creating this gear before the new content? What do you all think?

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

A:

They already told us they will nerf it 10%. I would hold off on any gear completion for now, and just save the mats. As long as you have the mats, completing it should be easy

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Yeah, better wait a bit.
But the nerf to celestial they mentioned is likely only applied on PvP amulet. However, there may be no more nerf since both condie change and no stats from trait lines will both limit its power already.

in Elementalist

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

And on the other hand all ascended is buffed from 5% compared to exotic to 10% compared to it. It might not be that bad for WvW or Pve.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Considering I refused to make Ascended grind because of the %5 difference now with %10 it became as a must.

Grind & more grind.