Themed Ele-builds

Themed Ele-builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Hi to all you Ele-veterans!
I’ve been out of the loop for many months and now am back. =D
Just brought my second Ele to 80 and looking for a specific water/healing-type build.
Is something like this viable? Maybe with a bit of Arcane? PvE style.
My first Ele was fire/air themed, so I have her on a D/D crit/burst style build, but I admit that I have no idea if that still works after the patch. Are there any good current builds floating around in this direction?

edit for random nonsensical kittens ._.

(edited by Meluna.1764)

Themed Ele-builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

No, I don’t believe so. I’m sorry, one element builds don’t typically work. There’s a basic signet build that works in just earth attunenment at the moment.. But it’s just very basic.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Themed Ele-builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Well, if you want a healing-oriented build, it won’t be considered “PvE” style because healing-oriented builds are generally poor choices for PvE content.

That being said, if I wanted a PvE healing-oriented spec, I might use something like: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWnMISLDW9AWOAfEGADwIHDeBfQRBgyHhbQPA-T1xDABEqEs4LIwNq/80+DXp8DFdEA8gAIFw3KjA-w

This allows you to get a fairly heavy investment in healing with outgoing healing to allies maximized. Arcane brilliance and wave are used to blast in your water fields for AoE heals (or can be used to stack might with your fire field), and the ice bow and FGS are just useful for places like dungeons to burst down clumps of enemies or certain structures. Mist form is just there to save you if you get in a pinch or have to power rez someone in combat.

I use a similar spec in WvW, except with ether renewal and 3 cantrips, as well as cantrip mastery instead of soothing wave.

Another common configuration uses mostly cleric/nomad gear with 2 in earth for earth’s embrace instead of 2 in air, also traited for cleansing water and cleansing wave for the master and grandmaster water major traits.

Like I said though, it’s not really a good option for PvE since the name of the game there is just to kill stuff, and kill it as fast as you can.

Themed Ele-builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

Thanks, that build looks very interesting and is pretty much what I wanted for my Ele. I’ll test it out soon =3

Themed Ele-builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

stuff that works in pve

dekeyz staff build

6/6/0/0/2, 6/4/2/2/0, 6/2/2/2/2 staff build
fire line : internal fire, pyromancer’s puissance, persisting flames
air line : bolt to the heart, arcane lightning, tempest defense
earth line : 10% dmg modifier
water line : vital striking
arcane line : blasting staff