Theorycrafting fresh air weaver

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdncMAlMg94CeOAM5ilGATIQGA+g3V6Odou4QeFiCA-jJBXABH/AAAY/BoPBANUGAA

Weaver is perfect for fresh air. Unlike rock solid, electrical discharge works on double attument. And traits like elements of rage seem tailored to the playstyle.

I haven’t worked out the rotation yet. But you can consistently proc air every 2 seconds. Survivability comes from utilities, and the arcane abatement trait (which also seems to work on double attument)

Version 2.0 http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMMAlMg14CeOAM5ilGAToCEA+gFHyrQU4OT/pH1A-jJxTABZfCA0oMgmPAAA2fAA

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Elementalist

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Assuming this is a PVE build (because everyone knows that with POF comes the complete condi reign and you don’t have enough condi cleaning for pvp, because you have dropped the super speed trait line from Weaver and the water trait completely) you would want to drop Arcane Abatement and take Arcane Precision instead, to increase your DPS. Another necessary swap is Final Shielding with Elemental Contingency. Also, Weaver is a hybrid (condi+power), which means you can play it with berserker but won’t get its full potential. Carrion amulet will bring better overall dps and better survivability (which you don’t need much in PVE if you feel secure in the ELE play style, aka you are a skilled player). So Carrion for now, until they introduce POWER+CONDI+FEROCITY+PRECISION, which will be a perfect choice. With that said, Rune of the Berserker will be a better overall choice. Since your foe will have condis on him, as you’re a good of applying them now – Sigil of compounding + Sigil of enhancement will give nice DPS boost.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

It’s not a PvE build, just see the utilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

u can not consistently prog air. u can prog it on crit in earth/water/fire and than again if you are in air for double air. and its that moment when you are in double air you will realize the global cd of the other atunements will contradict the fast pace of freshair playstyle.

in Elementalist

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Well if the build is PVP it is not good at all. No way to effectively deal with Condi spam fest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

u can not consistently prog air. u can prog it on crit in earth/water/fire and than again if you are in air for double air. and its that moment when you are in double air you will realize the global cd of the other atunements will contradict the fast pace of freshair playstyle.

Agree here. In theory you dont need fresh air anyway to keep up permanent superspeed by swapping air – x – air – x constantly. I’d lean towards lightning rod weaver. Maybe even with runes of surging. At the very, very least though, we’d need some love on autoattacks to become a thing.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

• The global cd can be mitigated using the elite stance to achieve the every ~2 second proc.
  • Core spec maxes 3 strikes in 8 seconds, whereas Weaver manages 6.
  • Theoretically one can work in the unravel stance for when you need a faster pace.
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

Well if the build is PVP it is not good at all. No way to effectively deal with Condi spam fest.

It’s a PvP build. But it’s also a first draft. I like to theorycraft from the extremes. Making something as glassy, or tanky, as possible and polish from there.

From the first revision: Arcane abatement and signet of restoration for ~450hps. Twist of fate, final shielding, and lightning flash to deal with cc/burst.

Here is the second revision:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMMAlMg14CeOAM5ilGAToCEA+gFHyrQU4OT/pH1A-jJxTABZfCA0oMgmPAAA2fAA

Went for the defensive Weaver traits. Picked up super speed in air. Slotted ether renewal and sigils of cleansing/purging. Went from scholar to wurm.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Elementalist

Posted by: PainbowBrite.3785

PainbowBrite.3785

Maybe I’m short-sighted, but I just don’t see fresh air working with weaver, and at that, I see earth having more if a place with a more hybrid damage output. I’m interested to play with some hybrid specs in a eve environment. Wish water wasn’t such a requirement… f/e/w feels so sexy and was great in the demos, but condo clears are a problem.

in Elementalist

Daniel Handler.4816

Maybe I’m short-sighted, but I just don’t see fresh air working with weaver, and at that, I see earth having more if a place with a more hybrid damage output. I’m interested to play with some hybrid specs in a eve environment. Wish water wasn’t such a requirement… f/e/w feels so sexy and was great in the demos, but condo clears are a problem.

Can you post your build? I would think with diamondskin, burning fire, sigils of purity/cleansing, and ether renewal you wouldn’t need water.