Theorycrafting the Next Ele Meta-Builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

This thread is for sPvP tournament builds. Please post your own suggestions and I will add them to the list if they pass scrutiny by the community. I will also remove builds currently posted if they are discredited.

Disclaimer:

These builds don’t have any gear/runes applied due to obvious impending changes. So this is just trait-lines and utility builds.

Dagger/Dagger Builds

(0/30/0/20/20)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoIhcMac25wwZAgowlTEPsoBAKKyZGA

This seems likely to overtake the previous meta for D/D. It will have sustain, but the condi cleanse might be a little lacking. D/D has 3 interrupts, so I can see it getting a lot of use out of the 30 pt in air.

(0/10/0/30/30)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoIhcMac25wwZAg8wlTYRUwiyjcmBAA

This is also equally likely to see a resurgence in sPvP due to the hidden restrictions on Sigil of Restoration, and the ICD on Cleansing Water being lifted. There are several variations on this build currently in existence, but this is likely the most prominent.

(30/10/0/0/30) submitted by Rudy.6184

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhMM6cW4wxBd0AQ4hCCAgowDlH5MjNA-ToAAyCsIyRljLHTOycs5MEZGC

dd build focusing on blinding ashes and mightstacking with new version of strengh rune (or boon duration rune if better). Celestial (don’t know how it’ll be buffed in pvp but for now in wvw it serves well). Also dont know it new sigil of inteligence (burn on crits) would be better then leeching.

(30/10/30/0/0) submitted by wolfer.1587

Written in Stone signet ele is a very durable build that I have run before. The build could potentially be very buffed thanks to the new grandmaster fire trait, depending on how exactly it works. Why? Because you have nearly 100% uptime on the fire aura, which applies burning when you are hit. Anyone trying to fight you has to deal with getting blinded every five seconds, and there’s no dodging or outplaying they can do about it.

Signets and other aura skills give you protection, fury, and swiftness on use. Written in Stone plus Signet of Restoration is a great combination, as you can use the active heal and still keep the on-cast heal.

Dagger/Focus

(30/0/30/0/10)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAodhcMKbW3wtBf0AQ4hAIAw4hIeAQpQOA

I think Dagger/Focus gets the most in terms of Condition application, so I think this has some potential. Every sigil will grant you protection and flame aura due to Fire’s Embrace (IX fire) and Elemental Shielding (V Earth). This will cause people to light themselves on fire just for attacking you regardless of your attunement, allowing you to stay in earth and still reap the benefits of blinding ashes.

Condition cleanse can be found in earth attunement as well in addition to sigil of water.

Scepter/Dagger

(0/30/0/30/10)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJArYhcMac25wwBd0AC5hLcCsg4hF0AcYpgOA

As with the dagger/dagger meta, I don’t see the fresh air build disappearing anytime soon. With the removal of the hidden ICD from cleansing water, and an additional regen on trident… you get enough regen to clear all condis and keep regen permanently applied while still running cantrip mastery for more sustain.

Again, this was already a strong meta before the patch, so I expect it will remain so once the sigil of restoration/Cleansing water ICD nerf gets reverted.

Staff

(0/0/30/30/10) Submitted by Cheese.4739

Scepter/Focus

Scepter/Focus (0/30/0/30/10)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJArdhcMac25wwBd0AC5hLcCsg4hF4AcYpgOA

Very similar to S/D. I just don’t see much changing here. Fresh air seems imperative for Scepter builds.

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Placeholder. - Please ignore -

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Dagger-focus:

0-20-30-0-20

Air:
Zephyr’s boon
Air training (so you can spam air#1 for damage)

Earth
Elemental shielding or stone splinters
Rock solid for easy ether renewal (to counter condis)
Stone heart (to counter power/crit)

Arcana (20)
Renewing stamina
Elemental attunement
- The reason to get up to 20 in arcana is because you need the lingering elements for stone heart. Also elemental attunement will always be amazing. Even if you switch out of earth you are still immune to crits.

> Why focus? Because you still want the extra condi cleansing and you can use earth#5 if you are forced to leave the earth attunement. Also a build with 3 invulnerabilities (burning speed, obsidian flesh and mistform) allows you to play berserker. Even if you are an ele.

Other variants:
-10 air, +10 Arcana (more condi cleanse, faster rotation into earth, less damage)
-20 air, +20 fire, or even: -20 air, -5 arcana, +25 fire (yolo fire!)

(edited by Marcos.3690)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

For Staff, I quite like the look of this, actually:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWnMISLD2zAmOArEGAIPg5FWGPEZEAKFiB

Auramancy for high protection uptime, no crits while attuned to Earth, high cleansing. If the new Earth trait works with Lingering Elements, maybe drop the cleanse and go for Master-level arcana - maybe Renewing Stamina, though the only reliable crits are those two Arcane skills. Probably Elemental Attunement for guaranteed protection (so high anti-burst) when attuning to Earth.
Gear-wise... that depends what we get. Vitality + healing power are probably the main things wanted, if we can’t get a good set with these I’d say stick with Cleric’s.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Id also like to try the classic valkyrie sd build but taking advantage of the new regeneration and cleansing water:

0/20/0/30/20

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

30/10/0/0/30
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhMM6cW4wxBd0AQ4hCCAgowDlH5MjNA-ToAAyCsIyRljLHTOycs5MEZGC

dd build focusing on blinding ashes and mightstacking with new version of strengh rune (or boon duration rune if better). Celestial (don’t know how it’ll be buffed in pvp but for now in wvw it serves well). Also dont know it new sigil of inteligence (burn on crits) would be better then leeching.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

- The reason to get up to 20 in arcana is because you need the lingering elements for stone heart.

Sorry to break it to you, Lingering Elements currently affects specific traits. I don’t think it will be changed to include Stone Heart. Now, if it does get changed (highly unlikely) then it could be something very good. Until then i would hold off with these sort of ideas.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

(edited by Lurock Turoth.9085)

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I adjusted the original post to make it more legible.

I added suggestions from Cheese and Rudy (I can’t add posts that don’t have links to builds… would be too frustrating).

This is a reminder that this thread is predominantly for what you think the meta will be. We’re not looking for highly experimental builds.

If you think a build posted here should be brought up to the main post, let me know.

If you think a build on the main post should be brought down, let me know.

The idea is to bring discussion about the many traits—and the pros and cons of choosing one over the other in a highly theoretical sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: wolfer.1587

wolfer.1587

Written in Stone signet ele is a very durable build that I have run before. The build could potentially be very buffed thanks to the new grandmaster fire trait, depending on how exactly it works. Why? Because you have nearly 100% uptime on the fire aura, which applies burning when you are hit. Anyone trying to fight you has to deal with getting blinded every five seconds, and there’s no dodging or outplaying they can do about it.

Signets and other aura skills give you protection, fury, and swiftness on use. Written in Stone plus Signet of Restoration is a great combination, as you can use the active heal and still keep the on-cast heal.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhcMKb23wuBf0AQ4BBIAw4hIgQiowDA-zEBBYjBMRtIasqaER1qkYAA-w

It’s pretty weak to conditions compared to 30 water 30 arcane tanky D/D elementalists. I find moderate condition pressure to not be a problem, but condition necros and the like are a bit brutal. You can always quick-swap to Diamond Skin and include some extra vitality on your gear, though.

Still, it’s a fun build and is a good variety from the standard cantrip setup. A good fit for Celestial gear as you make great use of every stat.

(edited by wolfer.1587)

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhcMKb23wuBf0AQ4BBIAw4hIgQiowDA-zEBBYjBMRtIasqaER1qkYAA-w

It’s pretty weak to conditions compared to 30 water 30 arcane tanky D/D elementalists. I find moderate condition pressure to not be a problem, but condition necros and the like are a bit brutal. You can always quick-swap to Diamond Skin and include some extra vitality on your gear, though.

Still, it’s a fun build and is a good variety from the standard cantrip setup. A good fit for Celestial gear as you make great use of every stat.

I am loathed to try anything with 0 pts arcane. It just feels dirty to me. But the strength of these new GM traits may be enough reason to put 2 traitlines to 30 which is going to make a lot of people want to leave arcane empty. So I won’t judge this build based on my own prejudice.

I also think the survivability is going to be quite weak without any regen.

But I’m curious how other people feel about it.

Added to the main post.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Krazy, been trying to catch you via PM. On the notes of elementalists, I think anytime you can’t completely avoid a single tree and it not feel clunky something needs to be done. This is the problem with Elementalists you have to put points in the Arcana tree to make the profession feel less clunky and more smooth.

in Elementalist

Lurock Turoth.9085

I am loathed to try anything with 0 pts arcane.

I personally have been running 20/20/0/30/0 for a couple months with great results. I get a decent amount of survivability vs power or condi while dealing some pretty devastating damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhUMacW5wzBf0AA5hLnwSQBBGIUYRDA-zkyAYrASQAICgJvioxWMLiGrqBTZKkqfhUxwujhsSKARFGB-w

(edited by Lurock Turoth.9085)

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Krazy, been trying to catch you via PM. On the notes of elementalists, I think anytime you can’t completely avoid a single tree and it not feel clunky something needs to be done. This is the problem with Elementalists you have to put points in the Arcana tree to make the profession feel less clunky and more smooth.

I tend to agree. I remember reading a suggestion post somewhere that they should all eles should get the effect of Elemental attunement as a base—but only affects the ele, not party members.

The trait would convert this skill to affect party members. I think that’s a pretty kitten good idea and would have gone a long way toward balancing out eles, and fixing a simple problem of a trait that’s been too strong for too long.

But oh well. We have other means of getting protection and regen so I can’t say it’s a staple.

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I am loathed to try anything with 0 pts arcane.

I personally have been running 20/20/0/30/0 for a couple months with great results. I get a decent amount of survivability vs power or condi while dealing some pretty devastating damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhUMacW5wzBf0AA5hLnwSQBBGIUYRDA-zkyAYrASQAICgJvioxWMLiGrqBTZKkqfhUxwujhsSKARFGB-w

This looks like it would really shut down a lot of condi builds. I like it. I think I might drop 5 pts in air for 5 pts in arcane for the fury on swap though… but it seems like it could be a legitimate hard-counter to condi builds especially after they take off the ICD on cleansing water. And I’m no longer a fan of the minor fire trait… but it can’t be helped to get that second Cleansing Fire (and the cantrip mastery affects that one too… Condi necros, I bite my thumb at thee!)

But I think without any source of protection you’re a sitting duck for most classes on power builds (IE Thieves)

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

crit immune conjurer could be a pretty awesome pvp build,
you heard it here first :P

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

It sounds absurd… but I can almost hear the crying already:

“ZERO SKILL ELE…. L2P YOUR CLASS, STOP USING 1-BUTTON CONJURES.”

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It won’t ever be like that. We need Utilities for defensive skills. Combine that with the limited uses and boom, once that is gone – then what?

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

It won’t ever be like that. We need Utilities for defensive skills. Combine that with the limited uses and boom, once that is gone – then what?

You can get more uses in the fire tree!
Blazing retreat on flame axe!

What’s not to love!

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You can get more uses in the fire tree!
Blazing retreat on flame axe!

What’s not to love!

That may be true. An extra 10 uses on conjures that are decreased when using auto attack as well doesn’t really mean that much. They remove the useage limit but keep the duration limit, yeah something could be done. until the Conjures will remain more of a 1 time thing like with Frost Bow and Ice Storm…

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I’m gonna do 30/0/30/0/10 s/f conjures so hard, and it’s going to be great.
Burn on crit, cleansing fire, and blind on burn, with stone splinters, alacrity, and stone heart in earth, renewing stamina in arcane tree.
Alacrity just so that when I drop my conjures I can use magnetic wave and obsi flesh for added utility before I conjure for more damage, and thus have time to conjure without being in danger.
s/f for the above skills and for the extra armor+blind as even more defense (together with a 3-hit auto for more crits)
I will try staff as well because it has some great utility, but I will have worse heals without almost any blasts.
I might even use zealot, but I’ll probably go berserk eventually because I won’t be healing excessively. If only there was p/p/v gear, for better defense against conditions while maintaining damage and crit chance.

in Elementalist

Lurock Turoth.9085

This looks like it would really shut down a lot of condi builds. I like it. I think I might drop 5 pts in air for 5 pts in arcane for the fury on swap though… but it seems like it could be a legitimate hard-counter to condi builds especially after they take off the ICD on cleansing water. And I’m no longer a fan of the minor fire trait… but it can’t be helped to get that second Cleansing Fire (and the cantrip mastery affects that one too… Condi necros, I bite my thumb at thee!)

But I think without any source of protection you’re a sitting duck for most classes on power builds (IE Thieves)

Sadly good condi necros are still very hard to handle just because of how much hp they have its quite hard to burst it off before their condi applys are off cooldown.

Good thief’s are an issue, but not nearly as much as a well played zerker neco, at least untill the 15th I don’t see a way for ele to beat zerker necro 1v1 (I main zerker necro) you just cant deal enough damage in one burst to kill them and they can just keep life blasting, liching and axe 2ing you down. Most other power classes can be busted down fast enough they aren’t a problem.

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

I’m gonna do 30/0/30/0/10 s/f conjures so hard, and it’s going to be great.
Burn on crit, cleansing fire, and blind on burn, with stone splinters, alacrity, and stone heart in earth, renewing stamina in arcane tree.
Alacrity just so that when I drop my conjures I can use magnetic wave and obsi flesh for added utility before I conjure for more damage, and thus have time to conjure without being in danger.
s/f for the above skills and for the extra armor+blind as even more defense (together with a 3-hit auto for more crits)
I will try staff as well because it has some great utility, but I will have worse heals without almost any blasts.
I might even use zealot, but I’ll probably go berserk eventually because I won’t be healing excessively. If only there was p/p/v gear, for better defense against conditions while maintaining damage and crit chance.

I’d look more into something like 10/30/30/0/0, with auramancy and tempest defence. I’ve not listed a weapon set since you’re expecting to have a hammer or axe in hand most of the time… but with Tempest Defence I guess either Dagger mainhand for the other Shocking Aura, or Staff for the other Static Field?
At any rate, should give reasonable protection/fury/swiftness uptime from regular aura use – I chucked in the glyphs because GoEP’s near-perma-weakness will go really well with the protection and Stone Heart.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQBFSxoAapDjG8RDAhCDMeIyIAIe8QFSA-TIAA1CnA

Pretty weak to condi, with limited cleanse, but it could potentially shut down a power build while still applying heavy pressure.

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Save your invuln for when you want to switch out of earth

You could cycle through all your good skills before it runs out and it’ll only leave them with a 3 second window before you’re ready to switch back into earth.

Dear lord, people are going to QQ…….. I really hope they play tested this thoroughly enough to know this isn’t going to happen.

That, or I really hope it does happen. It’s going to be so much fun drinking those tears about conjures…………

in Elementalist

Lurock Turoth.9085

Yea I think stone heart has the potential to be really annoying for any power build to fight assuming it launches the same as they showed it on the live stream.

It would be very fun to rofl stomp things like zerker kill shot warriors who love to target the ele first

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

First order of business is 30 points in Fire and going from there to see what I can cook up.

Then I’ll try 30 earth but I prefer to blow something up then go very defensive if I can get away with it. 30 earth is capable of good damage output but can hold a candle to 30 fire.

Probably 30/0/0/20/20 or 30/10/0/20/10 the latter will probably be my first choice hard giving up swiftness.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

d/d or s/d bunker condition build theorycrafting using Stone heart (yes, i’m aware there’s no giver’s ascended items, was just too lazy to click on exotic)

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhcMqc25wxBf0AARhLmMeoxIAUUkzMA-z0BBohBk8Gk6AIFtIasl1FRjVJjIqWpEjQAKmDA-w

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

d/d or s/d bunker condition build theorycrafting using Stone heart (yes, i’m aware there’s no giver’s ascended items, was just too lazy to click on exotic)

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoYhcMqc25wxBf0AARhLmMeoxIAUUkzMA-z0BBohBk8Gk6AIFtIasl1FRjVJjIqWpEjQAKmDA-w

My opinion:

Don’t go with Rabid. The Precision is pretty pointless. Even with Torment sigil. I have that and no Precision (about 8% crit chance) and it still procs nicely. We also don’t have any traits or skills that have added effect for condition builds.

I would go with a mix of Dire and Apothecary. I would also change the weapons to apothecary as well. The added condition Duration isn’t needed. The food Duration will be fine enough and you can still keep plenty of Conditions on the target with just 40% duration (Koi Cakes are the way to go, only 20min duration but a lot cheaper)

The accessories are pretty much the same as mine. Though i have Apothecary rings. Everything else is the same. Same sigils, same runes.

Traits Wise, i would replace Rock Solid and go with the Condition one instead. Strength of Stone that would increase your Condition damage to just over 1,700. Serrated Stones is decent but i take the protection on Auras trait myself. Soothing Mists and 20% lower Water cool downs are my Water traits.

Utilities wise – I take Arcane Shield, Armor of Earth and Signet of Earth with Reaper of Grenth as my elite (condi Human elite) the added toughness from SoE is very nice and both Arcane Shield and AoE both have great uses.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

oh, those are interesting ideas Akitteny for sharing!

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Perplexity is getting added to sPvP.

I can also foresee an interrupt Ele build being put into the works now with the lightning GM trait.

D/D eles will get 3x methods of interrupt… with perplexity being applied on interrupt, as well as weakness, as well as damage…

It’s gonna be mean.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Thats terrible news. Pretty much all condition builds except Necro will run this. Condi warriors would be insane with that trait they have for Confusion on Interrupt (which has no ICD) as well as this…

D/D eles will get 3x methods of interrupt… with perplexity being applied on interrupt, as well as weakness, as well as damage…

It’s gonna be mean.

I don’t see it ever being “mean”. Earthquake is easy to dodge, Updraft is pretty much excepted after Ride The Lightening. Guessing the third one you mean is Shocking Aura, which doesn’t really work unless its against Chain skills.

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

It will be a nerfed version of the existing perplexity runeset. Consensus seems to be that it will still be very powerful, but all in moderation.

For the lazy:

I wanted to come in here and clear a few things up. We wanted to add this runeset because it will open up a lot of builds increasing build diversity. Keep in mind we will be adding more options over time to PvP, which currently are not available. We know perplexity is a touchy subject but it has been substantially nerfed. I’ll run through the changes with you guys so you can better understand what is different.

Currently Live: Superior Rune of Perplexity
(1) +28 Condition Damage
(2) 15% Confusion Duration
(3) +55 Condition Damage
(4) 20% chance to cause 3 stacks of confusions for 5s on hit. 15 ICD
(5) +100 Condition Damage
(6) +15% Confusion duration; Causes 5 stacks of confusion for 10 seconds on interrupt. 8s ICD

New Version: Superior Rune of Perplexity
(1) +25 Condition Damage
(2) 10% Confusion Duration
(3) +50 Condition Damage
(4)) 25% chance when struck to inflict 3 stacks of confusion for 5 seconds. 25s ICD
(5) +100 Condition Damage
(6) +20% confusion duration; when you interrupt a foe, cause 5 stacks of confusion for 8 seconds. 15s ICD.

Now here are the changes bonus by bonus
(1) -3 Condition Damage
(2) -5% Confusion Duration
(3) -5 Condition Damage
(4) +5% trigger chance, +10s ICD, changed the trigger from on hit to when you are struck
(5) no change
(6) +5% Confusion Duration, -2s confusion duration, +7s ICD

Granted a few of these changes were done for consistency to align with the entire rune balance pass such as pushing larger boosts towards the later bonuses, but the 4-piece and the 6-piece bonuses are the main areas to look at.

The 4-piece bonus which is changing from an offensive on hit trigger to a when struck trigger will make it much less offensive and controllable in many situations, especially larger team fights. This means it will be harder to ‘spike’ all of the confusion on one target. The ICD of the 4-piece also had 10 seconds added to it which is about a 66% increase in ICD.

The 6-piece bonus is going to have it’s confusion duration decreased by 20%. It also had around a 90% increase in ICD for the trigger as well.

While we do think this runeset is still good, we feel it is in a much better spot after a lot of internal playtesting and when comparing what other sets will now offer.There is a lot that is changing in this build and a lot of different pieces that intertwine together. I want to reiterate that every single runeset in the game has been changed and brought more in line with each other.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Will the runeset in PvE/WvW be nerfed? or will it just have another version added for S/TPvP? I wonder if the duration bug will even get fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

My other classes cus its clear ele isn’t getting any good changes and the new gm traits are awful.

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Will the runeset in PvE/WvW be nerfed? or will it just have another version added for S/TPvP? I wonder if the duration bug will even get fixed…

Im pretty sure all the runes will be the same across all aspects of the game. Not just perplexity. So I suspect these changes will also affect PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

I... don’t see Perplexity going well for any Eles. We struggle against conditions -> our cleanse/healing is un-nerfed.
Oh look, but you’re now given a whole bunch more confusion to deal with. Confusion that completely destroys your (hahaha you thought it was now functional) Signet, or any kind of burst (or defence) you thought you had.

Welcome back, 0/x/x/30/30 Ele. Cleanse and vague, uninteresting utility is still what you do best.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I… don’t see Perplexity going well for any Eles. We struggle against conditions -> our cleanse/healing is un-nerfed.
Oh look, but you’re now given a whole bunch more confusion to deal with. Confusion that completely destroys your (hahaha you thought it was now functional) Signet, or any kind of burst (or defence) you thought you had.

Welcome back, 0/x/x/30/30 Ele. Cleanse and vague, uninteresting utility is still what you do best.

I’m expecting an infux of Condi thieves and warriors again after Perplexity is added.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

My other classes cus its clear ele isn’t getting any good changes and the new gm traits are awful.

Lol…..wrong. We probably got the best new balance changes out of everyone, not to mention hambow warrior, s/P thief, and Decap Engi just got some more nerds today so we might actually have a chance to have a viable role in sPvP now.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Im pretty sure all the runes will be the same across all aspects of the game. Not just perplexity. So I suspect these changes will also affect PvE and WvW.

Mmmmm, that is a HUGE nerf to Condi Ele builds then. Perplexity was a must runeset for the added damage and condition. This is going to hurt us

Rune of Undead could be a decent alternative. No extra condition but an extra 5% of Toughness turned into Condition Damage which for most should be an extra 100 Condition damage.

Antitoxin, Sunless. Scavenging, Nightmare, Grenth and Tormenting could be viable options IF they get some changes.

Antitoxin – decent -25% Condition duration is welcome. the 6/6 would need to be changed and have a 4/6 that has a chance to reflect conditions back at the target. Change the 6/6 so that You gain the Might for 10 seconds but that it also offers something else. I think just affected by Poison and Torment is kind of weak for a 6/6

Sunless – More reduction in condition duration, though only 20% this time. the 4/6 needs to be changed. Don’t understand the reason for Critical damage in a condition rune. 5/6 needs to have 100 Condition damage added and 6/6 needs to be changed. Not quite sure what to but 1 second of fear on using an elite is pretty awful.

Scavenging – the 2/6 would need to be upped a bit, 5% chance is pretty awful. Make it 50% chance with 25-30second cool down. 4/6 is decent though i am pretty sure the healing gained is rather poor. So again this would need to be buffed a little bit same goes for the 2/6. The 6/6 is okay but would be a little weaker on Ele i think.

Nightmare – the Condition duration should be upped to 20-25% the 4/6 would need some effect added to it. Not fear something else, Maybe a chance to proc Poison or something? the 6/6 would need to be replaced. Terrible proc chance and insane cool down. Kind of useless for Ele as we need more Conditions on the target.

Grenth – Nice addition of Chill increase, Though only 20% is kind of weak considering others increase all conditions by either 20% or 25% The 4/6 Needs to be improved. Low proc chance and high cool down. The 6/6 could again be decent with Arcane Brilliance and Elemental Surge, though the duration could be improved.

Tormenting – Would need higher AoE stacks of Torment. This could work nicely with Arcane Brilliance and Elemental Surge. Maybe add a 4/6 that can proc it on attacks that would be nice as well.

Some decent options should the changes to Runesets make them more appealing. Most condi ele use Perplexity because it is a great runeset for another Condition that we dont have access to and that can be on the target a lot.

With the nerf it is getting i think most that use Perplexity will want to switch out to something else. Especially as the 4/6 has been to changed to when hit, rather than when attacking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Lol…..wrong. We probably got the best new balance changes out of everyone, not to mention hambow warrior, s/P thief, and Decap Engi just got some more nerds today so we might actually have a chance to have a viable role in sPvP now.

An evade on burning speed and a blast finisher is really gonna make ele all of a sudden amazing lol.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

This thread is for sPvP tournament builds. Please post your own suggestions and I will add them to the list if they pass scrutiny by the community. I will also remove builds currently posted if they are discredited.

Disclaimer:

These builds don’t have any gear/runes applied due to obvious impending changes. So this is just trait-lines and utility builds.

Dagger/Dagger Builds

(0/30/0/20/20)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQJAoIhcMac25wwZAgowlTEPsoBAKKyZGA

This seems likely to overtake the previous meta for D/D. It will have sustain, but the condi cleanse might be a little lacking. D/D has 3 interrupts, so I can see it getting a lot of use out of the 30 pt in air.

D/D has 3 interrupts? What? so you would build to put 6s weakness on an enemy when you can get fresh air or that other trait that somewhat helps doing damage and gives you shock aura?

Let’s be practical for a second : Earthquake and Updraft are on a 40s CD, and Shock Aura is not an interrupt unless the ennemy attacks you. Let’s not forget that all of these are likely to fail and require to be at close range, so you can’t interrupt anyone who is using a long-range weapon. There are some decent ideas among the builds you quoted but this is certainly not one of them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KooB.6503

KooB.6503

I will finally return to my main when this patch comes out.
Scepter/Focus
Here is a backpoint spec that I semi-believe will work well.
Scepter/Focus (30/0/30/10/0)

Twin Backpoint Ele condi spec (keep in mind that it will use blinding ashes and stone heart for GM traits

- Twin Doggy Dawg

(edited by KooB.6503)

in Elementalist

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Hey guys. These are some great discussions. Be advised that I will add the builds to the post ASAP. I’m currently on vacation so my access to a proper computer is quite limited. But I will add them when I get the chance. Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

30 water will be the thing with condition cleanses and 30 arcane will likely still be the thing in TPvP. So 0/0/10/30/30 staff bunker ele will be good. That or 0/0/20/30/20 with stability to be able to stay on point. 2x Armor of Earth with lowered CD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

30 water will be the thing with condition cleanses and 30 arcane will likely still be the thing in TPvP. So 0/0/10/30/30 staff bunker ele will be good. That or 0/0/20/30/20 with stability to be able to stay on point. 2x Armor of Earth with lowered CD.

Hmm I don’t see it maybe glass staff with 10-20 arcana maybe 10 arcana with 30 water, but why bring a bunker staff ele?

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Hmm I don’t see it maybe glass staff with 10-20 arcana maybe 10 arcana with 30 water, but why bring a bunker staff ele?

Because it is a wonderful support class that will destroy conditions?

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Because it is a wonderful support class that will destroy conditions?

As I posted earlier – I can see 30 earth 30 water full clerics, with Stone Heart and Cleansing Water, doing a powerful anti-condi bunker who can also last well against zerkers if need be. Another idea would be Diamond Skin/Aquatic Benevolence, but that’d be very unreliable against a combination of condi and power foes so unsuitable for a primary bunker.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

0/0/30/20/20 i prefer most for D/D

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Thats terrible news. Pretty much all condition builds except Necro will run this. Condi warriors would be insane with that trait they have for Confusion on Interrupt (which has no ICD) as well as this…

It’s gonna be mean.

I don’t see it ever being “mean”. Earthquake is easy to dodge, Updraft is pretty much excepted after Ride The Lightening. Guessing the third one you mean is Shocking Aura, which doesn’t really work unless its against Chain skills.

its also easy to cancel your earthquake so you don’t waste it and make someone waste a dodge :p Can you see the potential now with the new earth GM trait? Just mess with people by canceling earthquake and not being crit while doing so until your opponent is fatigued and then switch to fire and unload your massive burst!.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Perplexity won’t be added in PvP the next patch.
All this theorycrafting about it is vain.

About meta builds, there might be extremely different outcomes.
Mainly I see D/D water-arcana elementalist being again extremely popular in the short term, since it is the build most people are used to.