These double standards, I 'kinda' get.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

I understand that we are the Jack of all trades class. I can understand that completely.
(this is a RTL talk btw)

Ride the Lightning did need nerfing, yes.

But this is a skill which is dictated by your enemies actions. If they block, evade, go invuln, or you’re blinded, this goes on full CD.

NOT COOL.

This is the only skill in the game where its own cool-down is completely dictated by the enemies actions!!! (see pic for my reaction)

Nonetheless, please look at Ride the Lightning’s nerf, and reconsider it. Think it through.

Attachments:

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: xSarin.2498

xSarin.2498

So….you’re annoyed that if an opponent negates your attack, you don’t get rewarded for it?

I…uh, k.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Only skill with a double CD. One of a kind. It’s a gem.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

So….you’re annoyed that if an opponent negates your attack, you don’t get rewarded for it?

I…uh, k.

I’m annoyed that it’s the only skill that has it’s cool-down time dictated by what the enemy does.

Come on dude, what if thieves backstab went on 20s cd if it missed. Or a mesmers shatter going on double cooldown if it missed. Or wars rush on Gs going on 40s if it missed.

You see what my point is?

I am a teef

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

Only skill with a double CD. One of a kind. It’s a piece of poo..

Fixed that for you. Unless it was sarcasm. Which it was. Nonetheless.

I am a teef

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I…uh, k.

That’s a nice way of twisting words you have there. RtL is the only weapon-based gap closer in the game with an OOC recharge of 40. It doesn’t do the most damage, doesn’t cover the most distance, and isn’t the only one that ignores slowing effects (which was one of the reasons for the nerf). When it hits, the damage is negligible and you temporarily gain base-level combat mobility.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

They tried to nerf RTL if used for fleeing (and this was already wrong).

What they did wrong is that RTL used as intended is one of the easiest skills to evade so its basically a 40 sec cd unless used in melee range.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I might actually be able to run from a zerg if they reverted it. But no, Anet wants us to die while warrior catch you, stun you, and the rest of the zerg catches up. I have a new respect for necros.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Evoneva Drakon.1754

Evoneva Drakon.1754

I…uh, k.

Since appear to play a warrior (and other classes), then I ask what penalty do you suffer when you miss your burst attacks? you don’t lose adrenaline, it goes onto a 3 second cooldown not 10 second. So where is your penalty for missing?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I…uh, k.

Since appear to play a warrior (and other classes), then I ask what penalty do you suffer when you miss your burst attacks? you don’t lose adrenaline, it goes onto a 3 second cooldown not 10 second. So where is your penalty for missing?

Just so you know, when a warrior misses a burst skill, the burst skill goes on full cooldown. If I am using a mace and miss my skull crack my cooldown is effectively doubled.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Evoneva Drakon.1754

Evoneva Drakon.1754

I…uh, k.

Just so you know, when a warrior misses a burst skill, the burst skill goes on full cooldown. If I am using a mace and miss my skull crack my cooldown is effectively doubled.

My mistake I just tested this with my warrior, it did indeed go on a 7.5 second cooldown.

Why are you saying the cooldown is effectively doubled though?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I…uh, k.

I’m annoyed that it’s the only skill that has it’s cool-down time dictated by what the enemy does.

Come on dude, what if thieves backstab went on 20s cd if it missed. Or a mesmers shatter going on double cooldown if it missed. Or wars rush on Gs going on 40s if it missed.

For thieves, if the amount of initiative was doubled for a miss, 90% of players would quit playing thieves the same day.

On the other hand, if Warriors lost adrenaline on misses, without even hitting their F1 skill… they might be a bit more balanced.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

For the record, any enemy that uses chill affects all of your skills in the same way. Are you annoyed at them as well?

Yes and I agree with you. I don’t see the point of the effect either. It seems too artificial and complex, to solve an issue that is allowed to roam freely on other professions.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

The Game Slayer.7632

For the record, any enemy that uses chill affects all of your skills in the same way. Are you annoyed at them as well?

Yes and I agree with you. I don’t see the point of the effect either. It seems too artificial and complex, to solve an issue that is allowed to roam freely on other professions.

At least you agree. The chill condition in my honest opinion is really overpowered, but it has its counters too. I can just cleanse it. at least that’s something i can control to at least some extent.

Not only can i cleanse chill, but almost every class can use it inherently and if not inherently, then every class can use it through sigils and runes.

I am a teef

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

in Elementalist

Ashanor.5319

I…uh, k.

My mistake I just tested this with my warrior, it did indeed go on a 7.5 second cooldown.

Late response, haven’t been posting much lately, but the reason I said that it is effectively doubled is because you now have 15 seconds between skull cracks instead of 7.5.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

The problem with RTL before was the range… it would take you out of combat immediatley after using it regenerating all your hp back to full…they nerfed the range and the cooldown at the same time and it was way to much…. i really think this would not be a problem if they left the range how it is now and just put it on a 20 second CD, i rarely use this skill to engage anymore and instead save it almost exclusively as an escape. ANET if you change this back i will send a delicious ice cream cake to your offices!

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

I…uh, k.

Late response, haven’t been posting much lately, but the reason I said that it is effectively doubled is because you now have 15 seconds between skull cracks instead of 7.5.

yea thats not the same… and can be said for anyskill in the game.. its like saying if we miss its going on a 60 second CD instead of a 40 second CD …. are warriors really upset by RTL?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Sigh, this again. Anyone that believes that RTL needed a nerf is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

The Nerf:
Ride The Lightning = 1200 / 40 = 30 u/s increase
Ride The Lightning = 1200 / 20 = 60 u/s increase

Lightning Flash = 900 / 40 = 22.5 u/s increase
Burning Speed = 600 / 15 = 40 u/s increase

The Hypocrisy:
Warrior’s Rush = 1200 / 20 = 60 u/s increase
Warrior’s Whirlwind Attack = 450 / 10 = 45 u/s increase
Warrior’s Savage Leap = 600 / 8 = 75 u/s increase

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

i dont know what any of that means but i like it!!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

It’s the distance travelled divided by the cooldown thus showing how many units it uses per second. The higher, the better. It’s like meters/second.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

YOu should also consider channeling time, which is very important, but in anyway we apply the math, warrior are ont the top u_u

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I used to love using RTL to get around the world quickly, it helped cut my leveling time.

But 40 seconds is ridiculous. Also 45 seconds on Fire Grab is ridiculous, it’s hard as hell to hit a moving target with that :S

(edited by Wintel.4873)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

, it’s hard as hell to hit a moving target with that.

First thing you learn when you are ele: you have to work twice more for halfed effect

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Ashanor.5319

I…uh, k.

yea thats not the same… and can be said for anyskill in the game.. its like saying if we miss its going on a 60 second CD instead of a 40 second CD …. are warriors really upset by RTL?

Umm yes, it is EFFECTIVELY doubled. I am not talking about RTL at all. Just responding to the guy who thought the cooldown on burst skills was only 3 seconds if you miss them. Wrong, they go on full cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I…uh, k.

Umm yes, it is EFFECTIVELY doubled. I am not talking about RTL at all. Just responding to the guy who thought the cooldown on burst skills was only 3 seconds if you miss them. Wrong, they go on full cooldown.

But if you hit with the burst skill, the CD is 7.5 seconds, if you miss, the CD is 7.5 seconds, where is that doubled?
The post which started this debate was indeed comparing to the RTL CD situation….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Given what the warrior can do with rush, I’m surprised they haven’t given it an equal nerf yet, though RTL does have the advantage of more potent movement.

I don’t disagree with the idea of the nerf, but it doesn’t accomplish its primary purpose. It was supposed to limit the engage-disengage freedom the ele had, but even using it as an engagement tool now punishes you as if you used it for escaping.

If they made it so that evades, blocks, and the like didn’t trigger the long cooldown, then that would definitely be the best way to help it out now without redoing the nature of how it operates.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

RTL didn’t go from 20 sec to 40 sec but from 16 sec to 40 sec.

First nerf was 20% increase, second was 100% increase.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

1200 / 16 = 75 u/s … which is the same increase as Warrior’s Savage Leap.

1. RTL was nerfed so that it couldn’t cross gaps. Warrior’s Savage Leap remained the same.
2. RTL was nerfed to 20s cooldown. 1200/20 = 60 u/s (Less than Warriors Savage Leap, but equal to Warrior’s Rush)
3. RTL was nerfed to a 40s cooldown if for any reason you didn’t hit a target. Is now worse than all warrior movement abilities.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

1200 / 16 = 75 u/s … which is the same increase as Warrior’s Savage Leap.

1. RTL was nerfed so that it couldn’t cross gaps. Warrior’s Savage Leap remained the same.
2. RTL was nerfed to 20s cooldown. 1200/20 = 60 u/s (Less than Warriors Savage Leap, but equal to Warrior’s Rush)
3. RTL was nerfed to a 40s cooldown if for any reason you didn’t hit a target. Is now worse than all warrior movement abilities.

I think that the original CD was 15 secs.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

Why do you want to use ride the lightning for escape? Stay awesome instead, fight to the death.

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

because if you want to use it as gap closer it just get evaded….
In order to go at 20 sec cd you must use it <300 range and hope…..

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.