They killed fireball, now Auras

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

What the kitten happened to Aura graphics? They look like kittene now, like your character is sitting in a little transparent egg… with some foot graphics on the ground like gorram Revenants have in their elite spec…

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Boops.3852

Boops.3852

Yep, it’s not just eles either. Anet’s basic attitude to this has been "kitten you, do what I want t(-_-t)

As soon as I bared my butt, I knew he’d crack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

As per notes:
Elementalist

Rebound: Fixed a bug that allowed elementalists to revive when Vapor Form ends.
Lucid Singularity: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to not reduce crippled and chilled durations by 100%. Fixed a bug that caused this trait to heal in a radius when completing an overload.
Speedy Conduit: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to apply 5 seconds of swiftness instead of the intended 8.
Overload Fire: Fixed an issue that caused the effects of this ability to scale with the character’s size.
Overload Water: Fixed an issue that caused the effects of this ability to scale with the character’s size.
“Wash the Pain Away!”: Reduced the visual noise on the effects associated with this skill.
“Flash-Freeze!”: Reduced the visual noise on the effects associated with this skill.
“Feel the Burn!”: Reduced the visual noise on the effects associated with this skill.
The following skills have had their effects replaced with a new version to reduce visual noise: Frost Aura, Magnetic Aura, Shocking Aura, and Fire Shield.
Tempest: Updated overload-readied voice-over to not play as frequently when moving in and out of water.
———————-

So what’s the deal here? soon we will be playing an 8 bits version of the game …are we trying to run it on a color gameBoy? if this visual changes are client sided why not making it an option under the graphic configuration menu and let us enjoy some visual efects once in a while?

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

in Elementalist

Posted by: HappilyInsane.5840

HappilyInsane.5840

“Let’s just destroy all the cool, big effects everyone fell in love with when they chose their class!”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I can live with the firebolts, even though that’s weird, but I think it might take a bit longer to get over the new auras. They look pretty lame.

What’s next? Meteor Storm will look like Healing Rain but red?

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Subtlemuse.3586

Subtlemuse.3586

Just imagine what this game will look like in a few months. Think it may be the only game that is actively trying to make itself less visually appealing. 3 years later and spell animations are getting worse, really.? Lets also promote tempest with a certain look and feel, and now that you’ve bought the game we shall prune that down and tear that look apart. Reduce shouts, auras and overloads, still feeling like a tempest.? It sets a very worrying precedent, are we to get “noise reductions” every patch. If our very character animations are not safe what is, are legendary effects next?

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

I can live with the firebolts, even though that’s weird, but I think it might take a bit longer to get over the new auras. They look pretty lame.

Lol, don’t give them ideas .. +1

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Tbh, my issue with auras isn’t only their look, but also their indirect buff. Now when shocking aura and Frost aura are barely visible, it will be harder for people to notice them, especially also because you can just overlap them. Sure, you can look at the buff bar, but that’s not ideal either with so many buffs around.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

They’re kinda hard to see now, even just looking at them while standing around. Going to be very difficult to pick out in WvW.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in Elementalist

Posted by: zideeffectzz.6379

zideeffectzz.6379

they even took out the noise from shocking aura…. cannot be serious

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

-_-
Let’s create a class based on Auras!!!!! …. they look too good…. wait no… it’s making the game run slow……“shall we optimize them?”… .nah… too much work, let’s just make them all look crappy!

in Elementalist

Posted by: gannondorf.7628

gannondorf.7628

That’s ridiculous… Really. Even now mesmer’s chaos armor is gone. This game is really going bad… Maybe time to make a pause.
Fireball is now laughable, not even a serious spell visually. Remember me some warlock apprentice learning his first spell. Auras are gone and they were looking goods… Really it’s just a pity it’s ridiculous i just can’t understand…

in Elementalist

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

That’s ridiculous… Really. Even now mesmer’s chaos armor is gone. This game is really going bad… Maybe time to make a pause.
Fireball is now laughable, not even a serious spell visually. Remember me some warlock apprentice learning his first spell. Auras are gone and they were looking goods… Really it’s just a pity it’s ridiculous i just can’t understand…

At the very least, let US decide how much we want to see.

Can’t they make a sliding scale for visual effects instead of this heavy-handed butchering of them?

Headdesk

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

Honestly I’m fine with the aura changes, they’re more subtle but w/e. But I really want my fireball back still….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The auras look like auras now and not bubble shields from other games that are very loud. The new looks is nice. At least we are done with that buzz.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

What I don’t get is the reasoning. These reductions have no overall effect when ppl are grouped up, so there is no benefit. There is still an enormous amount of of visual clutter. The only ppl this affects is the solo/roamer. And not in a positive way.

in Elementalist

oshilator.4681

Give us back the original fireball, and I’d be willing to forgive the auras.

Almost.

Headdesk

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

What I don’t get is the reasoning. These reductions have no overall effect when ppl are grouped up, so there is no benefit. There is still an enormous amount of of visual clutter. The only ppl this affects is the solo/roamer. And not in a positive way.

To reduce skill lag that the reason behind all of this. If any thing its has nothing to do with solo/roamers and more to do with zerg/blobs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Man this is starting to be like the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. So many other aspects of this game are frustrating me, the last thing I want on top of that is more visual nerfs.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in Elementalist

oshilator.4681

Man this is starting to be like the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. So many other aspects of this game are frustrating me, the last thing I want on top of that is more visual nerfs.

But…. but…. E-Sports!

Ugh.

Headdesk

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

No its ppl who did not like tempest now finding tempest to be ok and they need something to complain about. Its the lack of being practical when there are real problems like skill lag in wvw etc.. that these effects case.
Pride is a very scary thing and ppl go kind of crazy when there no real way to “get that pride back” so they tend to attk other things or become hyper aggressive to any thing new. What do you think humans have been dealing with when they blame a group of ppl for something that truly is comply uncontrollable.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

To reduce skill lag that the reason behind all of this. If any thing its has nothing to do with solo/roamers and more to do with zerg/blobs.

If that was the case, I’d probably be a bit more supportive. But the reasoning is “visual clutter” not skill lag. That is part of their ongoing fix to the effects in zergs, which whilst is needed, is going too far imo and not really succeeding.

That even better of a reason there nothing worst then getting hard cc from something you cant see mostly the DH long bow 5 abitly or running into an hard cc line that you cant tell what it is. Though i would think less data being used for an skill effect the less lag but i do not know all that much about servers so i go off of logic.

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

No its ppl who did not like tempest now finding tempest to be ok and they need something to complain about. Its the lack of being practical when there are real problems like skill lag in wvw etc.. that these effects case.
Pride is a very scary thing and ppl go kind of crazy when there no real way to “get that pride back” so they tend to attk other things or become hyper aggressive to any thing new. What do you think humans have been dealing with when they blame a group of ppl for something that truly is comply uncontrollable.

Even tho I agree with your way of thinking and pride being the Mankind natural enemy… there’s beta testing phases and they run stress tests, this kind of issues should be spotted during those phases of the Software Development.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

If that was the case, I’d probably be a bit more supportive. But the reasoning is “visual clutter” not skill lag. That is part of their ongoing fix to the effects in zergs, which whilst is needed, is going too far imo and not really succeeding.

That even better of a reason there nothing worst then getting hard cc from something you cant see mostly the DH long bow 5 abitly or running into an hard cc line that you cant tell what it is. Though i would think less data being used for an skill effect the less lag but i do not know all that much about servers so i go off of logic.

Indeed. I deleted my post since on reflection it could have an effect on skill lag. It doesn’t stop the lack of almost any aura being a real shame though

in Elementalist

Posted by: Creswald.1624

Creswald.1624

Whyyyy, why the hell do that! For god’s sake make it optional!! I adored the effects, why reduce everything to nothing.. >.> This is so bloody frustrating.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

So far, a lot of bad decisions are going down. I hope the people in charge wake up before I watch a great game go down the toilet. And to think, I considered buying a new computer to play gw2 on higher graphics.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

My gosh Anet has been going on the wrong direction since HoT’s release.

What they needed to do was balance the game, not destroy the graphics. You wont be able to see the new auras in a group fight. And anyway, they’re just kittening ugly compared to the old ones.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

So far, a lot of bad decisions are going down. I hope the people in charge wake up before I watch a great game go down the toilet. And to think, I considered buying a new computer to play gw2 on higher graphics.

Remove the dust to that old VGA monitor! that’s all we are going to need

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

They have been trying really hard to make me leave the game recently. I’m getting very tired of having all of the effects that I rolled my main for gutted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

Its getting pretty absurd at this point. Seriously dont understand the minds at anet sometimes or whos making these silly decisions

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

So happy I don’t main ele anymore because these visual changes would make me rip my hair out

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khallane.9153

Khallane.9153

Hey everyone, I just wanna tell you that I stopped the game especially for that, it wasn’t bearable anymore.
First, at the very beginning of the game, they reduced the visual effects of fireball and meteor storm, I said :“hmm ok, it’s just the beginning they fix something, this is acceptable” but I was already sad because it was very ugly compared to the first version. Then, they’ve keep going to reduce the visual effects and finally they just killed what can be called a “fireball”, it is not a fireball anymore and if you think that change it hasn’t an severe impact on people you’re wrong !
I stop the game for this (and some others things less important) because I don’t want to play a ugly game that give not to me some feelings like :“Yeah, this spell is really visually awesome !”, sorry men, but the graphics matter to me.
Today I have learned that you, Arena, have done it again to an elementalist spell so I’m not disappointed to be gone!
Elementalist was the only class I ever played. I used to love GW2 but that, was before. Bye.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Salocin.2783

Salocin.2783

Khallane, I do believe your post belongs in the necro subforum.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Ummm the auras look better now imo. I like the subtle, glassy texture. The other ones were gaudy. Fireball is still dumb but the new aura is great.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

I can’t ever see auras on myself or others anymore, and they used to look so cool. I don’t understand why they’d make the game look less pretty with no option to make it prettier?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Ummm the auras look better now imo. I like the subtle, glassy texture. The other ones were gaudy. Fireball is still dumb but the new aura is great.

I like the new auras too.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I’m not exactly impressed with the aura changes, but it’s tolerable. Fireball is a joke though. The projectile needs to be a weee bit bigger.

Or, they could rename the attack “Flare” from GW1. I’d find it tolerable then. I’m weird. But at present it’s the smallest projectile out of all of the staff AA’s.

It could stand to be a little bigger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guizao.4167

Guizao.4167

Wishing a dev doesn’t see this otherwise it will happen!!!

It’s all about THE COLORS

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

I dont understand why they didnt go for something that you can select in the option menu.

Like the options:
Tune down your own visual noice.
Tune down others their visual noice.

You could than select this if you want to, and dont if you dont want to.

The previous auras looked really cool.
The visual noice ones look weird. Specifically the odd thin eggshaped line.
Would have been better if it was roundshaped at least.
Although I find the thin line weird too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

All classes took this hit. DH Jesus beams is now Jesus piddle.