Thinking about rolling an Elementalist....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Thinking about rolling an Elementalist………but what should I know about this profession if I’m a WvW player?

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Thinking about rolling an Elementalist………but what should I know about this profession if I’m a WvW player?

Staff is best with a group, dagger/dagger is best solo, scepter/dagger is decent solo and better for bunkering than d/d, focus is only for blocking siege weapon projectiles.

(Obligatory complaint about how eles have poor solo ranged capability.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

D/D can be great for group play too, those 2 KD’s and spreading fire fields inside enemy zergs can be amazing.
Staff for tower defense and massive AOE damage on siege/enemies on walls.

Even upscaled you’ll be of great use to your zerg for spreading combo fields, give it a try!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

I am working on a WvW-specific support elementalist. Probably staff. Definitely group-oriented defense and siege.

Please give your exp/ideas for minimum level stats needed in WvW groups.
Power
Precision
Toughness
Armor
Vitality
Health Pool
Healing Power
Boon Duration
Other

Particularly wondering how power and heal power are needed versus toughness and vitality/health.

Thanks

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Your stats depend on your skills slalom, you generally start with pvt and replace it with more damage as you die less. 60% boon duration is a good minimum to aim for. The direct healing from +healing isn’t where most of the support comes from though the coefficents are some of the best.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Once you go 60% boon duration you never look back. It’s great.
Well, if you ask me. Toughness > Vita. About healing power – the higher health, the less you need it. I run with 1kittenealth but 600-900 healing power. With some basic experience it’s better due you can out heal some damages. With high vita, low healing power your health will be just going down faster.
I like to run with 20-30% critical chance without fury and try to not going down under 2.6k power without food (100-150 more won’t make such huge difference, merly few % when i can keep perma 13+ stacks of might without every possible fire-blast).
About critical chance – there’s the struggle. I’m trying to not go down with my toughness, healing power and other stats, but will do my best to get it around 30-40% (26 currently).

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel