Thoughts on Divinity Gear for D/D?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

This question is for PVP, SPVP, & WVW. Since D/D is such a hybridized style of play, this armor-type seems to fit perfectly. I use it in SPVP now with good success, but I was wondering what everyone thought before I buy an exotic set for PVE/WVW. Thanks in advance!

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Divinity runes work, are good, yes use them and moar damages. Celestial trinkets are good yes it works.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I think they are expensive but do work on my pvp builds. I don’t have a high level pve toon, so everything I say is based off pvp

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You’re better of using runes that fit your build or build types specifically rather than using divinity runes. Divinity runes I’d only use if you switch your build frequently and drastically enough that you can’t find a rune to suit you. Otherwise divinity layout is inferior since there’s always some sort of damage or support type you focus on more than others.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

You’re better of using runes that fit your build or build types specifically rather than using divinity runes. Divinity runes I’d only use if you switch your build frequently and drastically enough that you can’t find a rune to suit you. Otherwise divinity layout is inferior since there’s always some sort of damage or support type you focus on more than others.

Its splitting hairs but if we are talking min/max divinity runes are pretty good if the focus is all around. Reliable DPS nothing beats ruby orbs though.

If you want to try them out you can just get a amulet and 1 ring or 2 rings or a ring and accessory and there you go you have all stats though it is more than the actual rune set.

I run boon duratio runes though because boons are so important my trinkets are all celestial though. If I didn’t run boon duration then I probably would switch to divinity or ruby orbs.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ditchy.8792

ditchy.8792

I prefer 2 sup. monk, 2 sup.water, and 2 major water for extended boon duration.

Blood Jelly (Necromancer) – Bloody Furball. (Guardian) – Bloody Pumpkin (Elementalist)
Regnum Ascalon[RegA] – Devona’s Rest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yup, for a class with so much access to boons I don’t see why I’d give up 40% boon duration in runes. The might stacks duration will give you more power than just using ruby orbs, while giving you 7 sec protection on earth attunement and 3 sec long fury on attunement switch.

You miss out on crit damage but living is more important.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I prefer 2 sup. monk, 2 sup.water, and 2 major water for extended boon duration.

This.

D/D is heavily reliant on Boons to keep going. It needs Might Stacks and Fury to deal damage in defensive gear. Same goes for other side benefits such as Protection and Regeneration and of course Swiftness. Trying to play my D/D in other gear (such as in Magic Find gear or Beserker Gear) I really notice the lack of boon duration more than any other factor.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

in pvp I prefer using divinity everything and 15/15/15/15/10 build. At first I did it because it was random but I’ve come to enjoy the on atunements swap/weapons swap procs. Lots of chills, heals, cripples, burns without even using weapon skills.