Thoughts on GoE's buff?

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Well, since the patch is up, what do you guys think of the Glyph of Elemental’s instant cast time for the elementals’ skills pvp and pve-wise??

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

It’s not a buff, more like a correction of an epic fail change. I just hope it haven’t caused more bugs in my favourite proffesion (had no time to test it yesterday unfortunately…)

#ELEtism 4ever

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Seems to work pretty well now. I have been keeping GoE as my elite more and more now. Not really because it is super awesome, but because our alternatives are pretty crappy.

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

It’s not a buff, more like a correction of an epic fail change. I just hope it haven’t caused more bugs in my favourite proffesion (had no time to test it yesterday unfortunately…)

Yeah, now it’s close to being on par with other summons… though the ‘combat only’ thing rather annoys me. Why can I not initiate combat with it? Surely getting at least one active attack off exactly when I want it isn’t too much to ask?

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I need to move my elite hotkey to something easier to press every 15 seconds…

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Yeah, now it’s close to being on par with other summons… though the ‘combat only’ thing rather annoys me. Why can I not initiate combat with it? Surely getting at least one active attack off exactly when I want it isn’t too much to ask?

Yeah, that’s true, a lot of abilities/skills doesn’t make sence with the combat requirement, and this is a great example of that. It would be nice to be able to initiate a combat by our companion, and much appreciated by our fellow Elementalists I guess

#ELEtism 4ever

Thoughts on GoE's buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Having used it extensively the past two days while in PvE (Silverwastes), I can finally put in my opinion and say that it still needs a lot of tuning (for PvE). More specifically, the fire and air elementals feel too fragile. It gets irritating when both can die quickly if one or two serious enemies (Example: mordrem smashers, wolves, and teragriffs) focus on it.

Of the two, the fire elemental is the worst in that it is a melee attacker that can’t necessarily dodge (unless it was through the command skill, but then that’s every 15 seconds). The air elemental is not as bad, but the command skill is certainly lackluster due to the single projectile that can causes a 1 second stun. For a skill based on air magic (more specifically lightning), a single stun projectile is the equivalent of trying to give someone a static electric shock. It’s annoying, but nothing noteworthy.

For these two elementals, I question just what exactly makes them worthy of being called “elite.” There’s nothing elite about a melee glass cannon that can’t dodge and there’s nothing elite about a single stun projectile. If anything, I think the fire elemental needs drastically improved survivability and the air elemental needs a better command skill.

The earth elemental is in a decent place and has absolutely amazing survivability, and the water elemental is ok due to the 7k or so healing on demand. My only gripes about the water elemental is that it’s a melee attacker so it can get focused down quickly and I can’t ground target the healing skill.