Thoughts on Superior Rune of Antitoxin?

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Superior Rune of Antitoxin

I’m surprised no one posted about this yet. To me this feels better than melandru runes for defense. Torment is annoying as hell to have on you. With the 6th trait combined with the reduction of the debuff, you can continue to burst a necro from D/D spec. My trinkets are usually celestial, which gives me more condition damage. And I’ve recently taken off energy for battle on one of my daggers for bigger burst. Lets just say a 0/10/10/20/30 (fury(i)/shield(v)/cleanse (v), cantrip heals(iii)/v, vi, xi) build would make great use of this with knights/celestial/battle sigil. You’re looking at around 800 (this is a total guess lolcats) condi. damage on average build-up.

Combine this with antitoxin spray for a faster heal than ether renewal (longer cd, but greater chance not to be interrupted), that aoes heals (heal your greater elemental if solo). There are still going to be times when ether renewal is better, as with the other heals. Verses fear/ corrupt boon, you’re going to want to be in air/water to get your shield up (as you can cast these auras while cc’d), have a cantrip like AoE/Mistform/CF up to be able kill off the incoming burst.

The armorsmith version of the recipe is probably easiest to make as you can get orichalcum ore pretty easily from salvaging and node farming.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

Gold tier is pretty harsh on us, yes. This is geared toward roamers around ruins/ flipping camps. Not sure if it can beat traveler/ melandru in large scale combat. I also have not used the new heal yet.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

The heal is so low for too long a recharge compared to consume conditions.

Might just be worth using on ele though since our heals are pretty much that weak anyhow. But engineers are the ones who get the best deal.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Given that Melandru also combats stuns (and reduces the duration by more in total), I’d not pick Anti-Toxin over it. The might is nice, but if you really want might, there are much better options out there.

To me, it just combines stuff I’d not combine in my builds. But then again, that’s just me.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

If you are looking for a reduction in condition duration i would still favor Melandru runes, especially in WvW and PvP with all those hammer warriors around (because Melandru also reduces stun duration). And in PvE damage is king, so will likely either use scholar/divinity runes or ruby orbs.

The secondary focus of this rune set is condition damage and elementalists are very poor condition appliers. So this rune set holds no appeal for elementalists in my opinion.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

I use zerkers/ruby in pve and wvw. My setup gives me 18k hp with it, with only 10 in water.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

The heal is so low for too long a recharge compared to consume conditions.

Might just be worth using on ele though since our heals are pretty much that weak anyhow. But engineers are the ones who get the best deal.

You get ~500 extra for every condition cured … in the AE. It is awesome if you are in a small scale group and get hit with marks. That is an extra 500-1000 per player in the AE most times.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If you want -Condi duration, Superior Rune of the Hoelbrak is superior for ele, a power-based class. They are also better for might-stacking as well.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Hoelbrak

Also, I think a lot cheaper on the trading post.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

These are very interesting suggestions. It may very well be suitable as alt Armour when dueling a necro. Otherwise , for the classic dnd, boon duration with lemongrass is useful for most cases in wvw.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

One of the ways Ele has had its damage reduced is by calculating long duration conditions as part of the overall damage, as if every condition lasts. The best damaging condition to have is a 1s condition. The condition is usually unmitigable, and that causes the balance to increase the direct damage. Additionally, you can increase the length of that 1s condition to substantially increase the actual damage inflicted. The base duration of Ele conditions is so long that it will be Cleansed most of the time, meaning a duration increase does nothing buy steal points in something else. Increasing condition duration is a wasted effort. Try to find a rotation that only uses conditions with 3s or less durations before considering condition duration as a value adding option.

Now, with this knowledge, go back through the patches and see how many nerfs to Ele damage was done under the guise of exchanging direct damage for an increase in condition duration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Additionally, you can increase the length of that 1s condition to substantially increase the actual damage inflicted.

No you can’t, 1s*1.50 = 1.5s = 1s. You would need +100% duration against somebody with -0% to get an extra tick.

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Superior Rune of Antitoxin

I’m surprised no one posted about this yet. To me this feels better than melandru runes for defense. Torment is annoying as hell to have on you. With the 6th trait combined with the reduction of the debuff, you can continue to burst a necro from D/D spec. My trinkets are usually celestial, which gives me more condition damage. And I’ve recently taken off energy for battle on one of my daggers for bigger burst. Lets just say a 0/10/10/20/30 (fury(i)/shield(v)/cleanse (v), cantrip heals(iii)/v, vi, xi) build would make great use of this with knights/celestial/battle sigil. You’re looking at around 800 (this is a total guess lolcats) condi. damage on average build-up.

Combine this with antitoxin spray for a faster heal than ether renewal (longer cd, but greater chance not to be interrupted), that aoes heals (heal your greater elemental if solo). There are still going to be times when ether renewal is better, as with the other heals. Verses fear/ corrupt boon, you’re going to want to be in air/water to get your shield up (as you can cast these auras while cc’d), have a cantrip like AoE/Mistform/CF up to be able kill off the incoming burst.

The armorsmith version of the recipe is probably easiest to make as you can get orichalcum ore pretty easily from salvaging and node farming.

Melandru’s, divinities or boon duration runes are still a better options currently for the elementalist. Trying it for a condition spec simply isn’t beneficial in the long run as ele condition specs are for casual play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

I can see it working for wvw but for pve no