Tis the night before an announcement

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

WARRIOR BUFFS ELE NERFS LOL.

I really believe they will buff us with an understanding this time.

My bet is on a major change to dragon tooth, some rework on focus fire skills, changes lightning staff skills, restoration of pre-nerf stats and possibly some changes to signets or glyphs if we’re lucky.

(edited by Zuik.7158)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Wait. They said they’ll have news for us tomorrow? I remember reading they’ll have something for us next week, but I read through the kitten thing everyday and get fuzzy on the particular day of response. Lol.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Yeah what about tomorrow? I know on the 17th there will be a Ready Up twitch steam with balance Q&A but what about tomorrow?

I command you to be AWESOME.

in Elementalist

Zuik.7158

I don’t know. I’m just excited that they might actually make the class enjoyable to play.

in Elementalist

Tom.8029

Make a build for your elementalist with lots of boons, healing power, and power and you’ll have lots of fun.

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Make a build for your elementalist with lots of boons, healing power, and power and you’ll have lots of fun.

Not in pvp you won’t.

in Elementalist

Tom.8029

Cleric’s also has toughness. Why wouldn’t you have fun?

in Elementalist

Zuik.7158

Flying around the place whilst healing yourself does not contribute towards the team. Once upon a time….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I don’t know. I’m just excited that they might actually make the class enjoyable to play.

It’s already a joy to play. To survive in without going extreme that’s the trick

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Tom.8029

You heal the team, not just yourself and i did mention power, which kills people…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

Lets hope that they do something with all these good suggestions that have been piling up here for months

in Elementalist

Zuik.7158

It’s already a joy to play. To survive in without going extreme that’s the trick

Sorry my bad wording. I meant it’s unenjoyable in spvp because of the relatively (to other classes) weak defense when building for something that contributes to the team (fresh air s/d or zerking staff) as the old meta build just isn’t viable anymore.

I love playing the class though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Do your team a service!

Roll MM necro today!

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Tom.8029

Lol. Shhhh. You’re not helping!

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Because you won’t do any damage and you’ll still die in a few seconds when 1v2ing…

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

You’re kidding yourself if you think the devs are going to announce any good ele changes. They don’t give a kitten.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

the only way i will find ele fun again is if they buff focus really hard, or they revert rtl’s cooldown.

I am a teef
:)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

the cake
is a lie >_>

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

the only way i will find ele fun again is if they buff focus really hard, or they revert rtl’s cooldown.

I don’t see the problem with focus, it has reflect, projectile block, invulnerability, daze, chill, knock down and condi remove. Focus is meant to be a protecion and it does its job pretty well. In my case it even successfully opens my utility bar for other things than cantrips and arcane skills. I don’t like the fire shield that much, but that’s more a problem with the aura itself rather than with the focus… I think the fire aura should be reworked a bit – but that’s another topic.

I’m totally with you when it comes to reverting RTL’s cooldown though. The range fix was more than justified, but the broken CD mechanic (blocks, invulnerability, etc.) paired with a far too high penalty (double CD!!!) did lots of damage to the class (or at least to builds with an off-hand dagger).

If they don’t revert it back to the old CD, they should at least reduce the penalty. There are enough other classes who outrun the ele. Additionally lots of players finally learned how to stop an ele using RTL (compared to pre nerf, where the only counter actively used was QQ on the forums – lots of players even thought the ele is invulnerable whilst using RTL). I just hope ANet noticed that too and reverts RTL back.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

You heal the team, not just yourself and i did mention power, which kills people…

Kills people who are AFK maybe -_-

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

10 silvers on fiery greatsword nerf (i bet skill3 double cd if not 4X and maybe also 4) before 1 month….

A certain dev showed lot of love for warriors and hate for eles since gw1…..
And its not peters…

If they will change rtl they will make it 30 that won t solve anything….because you will still be kited…..

Also mistform will “accidentaly” get a new bug….

p.S. They said warrior healing signet passive is fine ……and they need to improve active…so warriors will use it __

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in Elementalist

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

Luckily, ele is fine in PvE already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPui3MAx8Q

I really hope they seperate PvE/PvP balances for eles, right now there is only one build that i consider useful in PvP and that’s staff control. It’s a decent build when left alone, but as soon as a thief or engie starts to train you you’ll be useless and a dead weight towards your group.

Looking forward towards some slightly more defensive abilities for the ele in PvP so that they can actually do stuff without dying instantly. In PvE eles are perfectly fine though, so i’m hoping for no changes there.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

PvE ele is the total negation of what ele is suspposed to be played….
Also needs a guardian….

Or your 3 seconds self rooting skills will lead you to Death against any boss that is attacking….(that is a jumping puzzle more than a boss).

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: florence.1674

florence.1674

I honestly doubt we will get any balance changes until at least another 3-4 months.
Or till ESO or Wildstar launches. *tongue-in-cheek.

WvW law #1: nobody in WvW can count.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This next patch will be the reemergence patch. I feel it in my bones. I think the last patch was lets do a little now they see it wasn’t enough. I expect a change to RTL, signet of resto and cleansing water unerfed in PvP. Armor of earth finally reduced in cd.

That is all that my gut tells me.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

This next patch will be the reemergence patch. I feel it in my bones. I think the last patch was lets do a little now they see it wasn’t enough. I expect a change to RTL, signet of resto and cleansing water unerfed in PvP. Armor of earth finally reduced in cd.

My fear is that we still have to wait like 3 month for any changes or un-nerfs. Grouch said they would closely look at all the pvp-only nerfs in the coming weeks. And which arenanets balance patch frequency till now we’ll probably have to wait till march or april for the next real balance patch with changes for all classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

My fear is that we still have to wait like 3 month for any changes or un-nerfs. Grouch said they would closely look at all the pvp-only nerfs in the coming weeks. And which arenanets balance patch frequency till now we’ll probably have to wait till march or april for the next real balance patch with changes for all classes.

I agree it will be a while before the next major overhaul. It’s only been a month, the meta hasn’t even settled yet in PvP.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Yea I should have been more clear the next balance patch which will be like march probably. The could just lower cantrip cd that doesn’t require much thinking at all,

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Yea I should have been more clear the next balance patch which will be like march probably. The could just lower cantrip cd that doesn’t require much thinking at all,

Honestly they need to step up their balance game. If we really have to wait till march till the next changes I probably will have stopped playing by then.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

Honestly they need to step up their balance game. If we really have to wait till march till the next changes I probably will have stopped playing by then.

But…. Winter is coming.
In March.

What are you going to do between now and GoT if not GW2??

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinenryu.6351

Shinenryu.6351

It would be awesome if they up Ele (At last !), but I don’t expect it in the coming patch.
I read all the patch note where Ele is concerned since August 2012, and there’s 12 patchs where there’re changes. 8 nerfs, and 4 “up” (with all necessary quotes).

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

It would be awesome if they up Ele (At last !), but I don’t expect it in the coming patch.
I read all the patch note where Ele is concerned since August 2012, and there’s 12 patchs where there’re changes. 8 nerfs, and 4 “up” (with all necessary quotes).

Adding onto the quote, people should also check 2013 jan patch to see how much Anet would/could do between dec. and jan.

The schedule of last year is probably not too different than this year, in term of work hour. (especially the balance team)

So… I am expecting some small minor tweaks that almost won’t impact the game.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

I also expect some minor tweak…
RTL changed to 35 or 30 that will be a useless change…..its a gap closer and since its too easy to evade should have a 15-20 sec cd otherwise ele will be kited forever by any class with a stunbreak, stability or cond cleanse (=every single profession….)

GW2 balance: