Too Much Fun....

Too Much Fun....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Preamble: My main is a Ranger. I dabble with Ele. Most of the time I am S/D. a few days ago I was on my Ranger, who at the time was power/regen spec. I saw a supply camp had swords so went to take a look. Me and two others showed up. Guards were did and a solo Ele was there. So we went after him. Being a Ranger I was targeted by Ele first. He was like a pitbull on a bone…D/D Ele. No way I could shake him. Always in my face. It was like watching a scene from Cops where they try and subdue a guy on pcp.

The only reason I lived was because I was very tanky. Eventually the 3 of us killed him. He never ran away. Impressed the hell out of me. Si decided to make the switch to D/D and try it out. Amazing fun. I kinda suck but still had some 1v1 kills…even beat a thief.

So this is a slapped together build. Would really appreciate some advice on how to tweak it better.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcM6cW0wxBr0AdAGxLwEYcCIAMBLmDaBA-TVTDwA53fwnSsgKLOcCAEYGwlWgXq/UVpQlHAAJdAKUCCwEjBTCBAOAovBpA0TZE-w

Thanks

Edit: ..and my combos suck. I can’t get the lf+burning to land. I assume that is the start of everything and you adjust after that. I have been doing rtl into burning but obviously doesn’t work as well

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

(edited by Forzani.2584)

Too Much Fun....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

Hey man, I took a look at your build and I’d say it’s pretty solid. Some advice I would give you is to get rid of your glyph and put armor of earth instead, armor of earth is amazing for stomping or fighting hammer warriors. Also then you could get rid of earth’s embrace and have stone splinters as well as rock solid, (stability when you swap to earth). As for combo-ing lightning flash + burning speed, it just takes practice and isn’t even needed, i rarely use that to open cause i like to save my LF. I haven’t tried Stone Heart out yet but I’m sure it will be good. If you’re about to fight what looks like a condi-profession or spec you could quick swap your trait to Diamond Skin, hilarious against condi necros and mesmers! Out of curiosity, what server was that ele from and what race were they? Oh, also…. tornado isn’t the most awesome elite, I would suggest Fiery Greatsword just for getting around the map or Glyph of Elementals for skirmishes and duels, air elemental is pretty nice for the stuns.

Another thought: go into one of the duel servers in pvp and try out a whole slew of traits either with a friend or just fight the people there. Quite helpful to know what the best traits for your playstyle are.

(edited by Tyler.6182)

Too Much Fun....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabarue.3290

Nabarue.3290

I have to second Tyler’s suggestion about removing the Glyph in favor of the Armor of Earth. It’s underwhelming in a build with such potential. Also Diamond Skin is certainly a trait that you should be swapping out every now and again. Turns a necro’s dreaded Signet of Spite into nothing at all. Stone Heart is a good trait, but I have a hard time being sold on a trait that requires me to be attuned to an element for it to work, so be prepared to do some switching to be effective in any situation. (There are exceptions to this rule, mind you.)

Also FGS is boss. Glyph of Elementals is great for smaller engagements and when you are trying to set up a burst rotation. (as mentioned above, air ele for stuns!)

One last thing, I feel like your health pool is a bit low. 14k health is dangerously low in WvW, for any profession.

Sir Sprocket the Engi/ Kyoryu Silver the Ele
And my Alter-Ego- Kyoryu Gold, Mesmer, Thundering Hero, wielder of the Legendary Meteorlogicus!

Too Much Fun....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Thanks for the advice !

I was trying out the glyph for weakness after reading about it yesterday here on the forums. It’s ok, but I also like armor of earth so will switch back.

Tornado was an accident in the build. I use FGS 80% of time and elemental 20%

I can swap a couple of jewelry to add some hps.

Thanks

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Too Much Fun....

in Elementalist

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

the lightning flash burning speed combo is a tricky one to really nail down and lately the 2 skills seem to rubber band you back to where you started your burning speed or the fire trail never “blasts” where the animation ends.

anyway, with the amount of toughness you already have, valkyrie would be a good choice to keep your ferocity/critical damage numbers where they are and increase your vitality at the same time, that would put you at around 15,757 health. it will be higher if you have applied fortitude and guard stacks.

enjoy your elementalist!

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]