Torch hand it over anet.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Honestly every class that has a torch uses it in a magical way yet here we have an elementalist unable to wield the magic of fire…..

Fire 4: (Rebuke)throw a fan of fire out in a cone instantly burning all enemies in range and curing one condition on allies

Fire 5:(smoke screen) smoke field blinds enemies inside the field

Water 4: (Heavens Wrath)Blast finisher drop pillar of light on target applying vuln to nearby foes

Water 5: (Beacon)Plant torch in the ground and grant light field that cleanses 1 condition per ally per second

Air 4: (warm winds)remove chill and blind from nearby allies apply swiftness

Air 5: (Truth)Strike foe with bolt of lighting that branches out to 5 nearest enemies stuns primary dazes the secondary targets

Earth 4: (Lights out)dark field blind nearby foes

Earth 5: (arena)Ring of warding similar to rock wall

(edited by Rangerdeity.5847)

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

behold the power of the ocean! -holds a blazing torch in his left hand-

…hurr durr i cast…icy fire balls!

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

cause we need more classes with kitten load of stealth

And Ele off-hands are in a really good place.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

When the fire skills on focus become somewhat good to use then you can say that.

Broski

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Flamewall has its place in PvE.

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

cause we need more classes a singular method of obtaining stealth

And Ele off-hands are in a really meh place.

fixed it ^

that aside you really more afraid of a couple seconds of stealth that requires a blast finisher to obtain than you are the blind from glyph of storms built into a weapon set?

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

Water 4: (Heavens Wrath)Blast finisher drop pillar of light on target applying vuln to nearby foes
Water 5: (Beacon)Plant torch in the ground and grant light field that cleanses 1 condition per ally per second

Why are we guardians now?

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

When the fire skills on focus become somewhat good to use then you can say that.

The aura is great, the flame wall is crap.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

Why are we guardians now?

you dont think a torch would emit light? last i checked thats their original purpose might as well let the ele amp that up a bit

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: verskore.4312

verskore.4312

I would also like torch for ele, dont know why but I see lots of opportunities for it
Or maybe Anet could make all weapons available for all classes but I think that would be a lil unrealistic or maybe for 2020 :p

D/F ele

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

As somebody that doesn’t care about PvP on this game, please don’t touch focus.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodama.3605

Kodama.3605

I want a spear for elementalist. just imagine…

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

Fire 4: (Rebuke)throw a fan of fire out in a cone instantly burning all enemies in range and curing one condition on allies

“Rebuke” sounds like a spell for a guardian, and we already have an ability that throws a fan of fire out in a cone-pattern.

Earth 4: (Lights out)dark field blind nearby foes

I am of the opinion that ele’s should stay away from fields that aren’t elemental-based. That means no smoke, poison, dark, confusion, or light fields.

This overlaps on the abilities that water ele’s already have that apply vulnerability. (MH Dagger 1, Staff 2, Scepter 2) and this also sounds like a guardian skill.

Air 4: (warm winds)remove chill and blind from nearby allies apply swiftness

I actually like this one. Add a touch of healing to it though.

Air 5: (Truth)Strike foe with bolt of lighting that branches out to 5 nearest enemies stuns primary dazes the secondary targets

Overpowered. Let it branch out to 2-3 at base. 5 when traited.

Earth 5: (area)Ring of warding similar to rock wall

Uhh. Guardians already have this exact skill name on their Hammer #5. Be more creative.

Otherwise, this is an okay skill, but I wouldn’t have this as the #5 skill as the #5 skill is usually the skill with the highest CD. As a skill with a high CD, this is pretty lackluster.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

I agree it does overlap with guardian in several places but the idea of not having fields that arent purely elemental there is no earth elemental field the closest to that is smoke. really what i want to see out of this weapon is more field options a static field would also be nice since really only staff ele have them.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I think a main hand torch would be cool. No idea how it would work, but I still think it would be do able.

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Rangerdeity.5847

I think a main hand torch would be cool. No idea how it would work, but I still think it would be do able.

would fit ele but also for some reason torches can only be held in your left hand no exceptions. also your character is right handed deal with it ya filthy lefty kittens

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

If there are issues with it making sense, like wielding a fiery torch while in Water attunement, I was thinking the torch’s animation could change with the use of skills; much like how even if you’re wielding a fiery blade while in Water attunement, the animation with Vapor Blade still changes your weapon attack (excluding Incinerator).

For example, during Earth attunement, the animation of the torch could be a little sand storm inside the torch instead of fire. Implementing it would take more time and effort than on other professions, though.

This also means that skills would overwrite the appearance of your torch. Although it might only be during the duration of the skill or it could be while in your respective attunement. In which case it would be a bit like the Engineer’s kits, in which you never get to see your back item because it’s always covered by a kit. If this animation change does take place, then it could be viewed as another tell to Elementalist skills.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

(edited by Tom.8029)

Torch hand it over anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

i dunno… torch seems like a great offhand weapon for wards… the number 5 skill in each attunement would be a ward (based off the original GW1 wards), and the number 4 skill in each attunement would apply a different point blank or ground targetted AoE condition or boon…

– The Baconnaire