Tornado: Now even MORE worthless!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Now you don’t even have to boon strip stability, you can just throw 2 control effects at the tornado in under 3s to stun it instead.

Bravo arenanet.

I wasn’t using it before and I certainly won’t use it now.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

then why come on the forums and complain about it?

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Although, its slightly better against boonstrip…. Seriously though, why not give it 3 stacks per 3 seconds like all the other elites. (Except Lich form, but I can sort of see the reason for that, as that’s one beastly form, compared to tornado.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Yea, tornado is already a death sentence for the ele even if not interrupted whereas Lich will wipe an entire team if not stun-locked.

With pulsing stab at 3 stacks, tornado might have seen use in some tanky-ish wvw build that used lightning rod or just to strip off stacks of stab on a group. Instead, you will just get stunlocked and die anyway.

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

Because the class needs “elite” skills that are actually worthy of the slot. Currently there aren’t really any. There’s 2 skills that should be utilites not elites, and 1 skill that is a complete joke.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s only got a handful of tactical usages and they mostly come from serving as an impenetrable wall of knockbacks.

Stuff like when a keep gets breached and making a suicide tornado jump down to block the entrance in order to briefly stall the zerg or moving to a zerg’s flank to try and push them in a certain direction or even in Twilight Arbor to bulldoze your way thru the trampling mobs during skips.

All of that stuff comes from having solid stability and blind spam.

I don’t know. I gotta play around with it. Maybe if the knockback still triggers when you are in a down state, it might be decent. Kind of looking like glyph of elems and fire sword are our only options now.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Why complain about a product flaw in the place where the makers of said product are most likely to see it? Golly gee I wonder!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I do not know i was in a melee group and it was bouncing them arone a good bit. It may not be as good as the 3 stack ever 3 sec but it seems some what effective vs ppl who dive on you. So think def not offensive with nado.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Spambot.3625

Spambot.3625

eles have so many skills, cant make all of them useful :^)

personally I never thought of using tornado either, it’s just there, thats all

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

They all SHOULD be useful though, even if situational

We have nowhere near the number of skills of GW1 we really don’t have room for joke skills especially not joke elite skills, we already have racial skills for that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

While i agree our elites are pretty meh, if not extremely situational, i can find one useful application of tornado: to prevent ennemies from resurrecting their allies, to prevent them from stomping yours, or to clean the floor from the dying bodies that prevent you from capping.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

To be honest, I don’t find any of our elites to be useless.

The elementals with the added ability aren’t bad. Fire can crank out some dps and Earth with the aoe cripple and protection is a good bunker.

Fiery greatsword can dish out some dmg, not as good as Frostbow, but the mobility it provides is superior to everyone except maybe warriors.

Tornado, up until the stability nerf, had a lot of tactical value, even in some PvE situations.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Agreed… just get rid of tornado and replace with an elite signet or an elite arcane skill. I would prefer a signet personally, maybe one with a passive that reduces attunement recharge rate by 1 second, and an active that provides a series of buffs (same buffs or better than in elemental attunement) similar to a warrior’s elite signet.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

in Elementalist

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I know you are just kidding but still, an elite skill should be a lot better than a normal skill

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

IMO just make tornado not a transform but a targeted AOE, it’d be worthy of being an elite then, just as an area denial skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Yeah. Tornado was already risky and niche, this change didn’t help it at all. Tornado needs some love.

I love the concept of transforming into a force of nature, just wish it was as devastating as it’s name sake.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I, too, am confused as to why it didn’t get the 3 stack treatment, similar to something like plague form. Lich form I can understand because that thing can pop out insane damage, but tornado is often an “I give up” ability that doesn’t help you do too much.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

IMO just make tornado not a transform but a targeted AOE, it’d be worthy of being an elite then, just as an area denial skill.

Would be a lot cooler imo. Transforming into a tornado always seemed kind of silly to me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Well, beta tornado was an elite.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The single stack of stability definitely made me scratch my head when I saw it in the patch notes. I thought surely it would have 3 stacks. It turns you into a giant “CC ME NAO PLEASE” sign, and seems very similar in function to Plague Form (both are abilities which turn you into a moving AoE field) which does get 3 stacks stability. I don’t at all understand the difference in stability between the two, nor just the lacking amount of stab for Tornado in general. People have been asking for buffs for Tornado for ages, and this could have been a decent one at least.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

what if nado was a constant field around you that pulsed stability for everyone inside the radius instead of a transformation skill?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

The single stack of stability definitely made me scratch my head when I saw it in the patch notes. I thought surely it would have 3 stacks. It turns you into a giant “CC ME NAO PLEASE” sign, and seems very similar in function to Plague Form (both are abilities which turn you into a moving AoE field) which does get 3 stacks stability. I don’t at all understand the difference in stability between the two, nor just the lacking amount of stab for Tornado in general. People have been asking for buffs for Tornado for ages, and this could have been a decent one at least.

This is a good point, tornado is a lot more like plague form than lich form. Lich form has 1 stack b/c it can nearly 1-shot anyone, and creates incredible offensive pressure. Tornado doesn’t really do much damage at all, requires you to go into melee range (unlike lich), and already gets you dps-ed down into nothing on ele. Tornado does focus more on hard cc as opposed to the soft-cc (blinds) that plague offers, but it is still rather defensive in nature.

Tornado is even pretty bad on engineers, who have way more health and armor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Tornado hasn’t been good since the feature patch. And it’s not good now either.
The best possibility to change it would be making it ground targeted.

The whole idea of changing into a tornado sounds great and the animation looks awesome, don’t mistake me here.
But the idea has to be reworked on.

The skill is so broken at the moment and has no elite feel to it. It still remains a suicide button in most scenarios.

A cool feature would be if the tornado interrupts foes, pulling them into it. I mean that’s actually what a tornado is all about. It pulls and destructs everything in its path.
It should work like the mesmers curtain – with the possibility to pull all the mobs into the void while interrupting them.

That’s at least my thought.

Greets

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

in Elementalist

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

This is a great idea; even if you massively reduced the longevity of the tornado (say it only lasts 6 seconds and does only 2 sets of knockdowns) that would way better than the current implementation of having to get into melee range with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

From meteornado, nerfed to almost always useless tornado, now nerfed to totally useless tornado.

Good balancing there, once all the skills are useless the game will be balanced.

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

Because the class needs “elite” skills that are actually worthy of the slot. Currently there aren’t really any. There’s 2 skills that should be utilites not elites, and 1 skill that is a complete joke.

If you’re implying FGS should be a utility skill, please don’t give them ideas. Unless they also give us an option to use utility skills in the elite slot, that is. I’d rather “waste” my elite slot for the get-out-alive emergency mobility skill instead of sacrificing a cantrip for it.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Devildoc.6721

If you’re implying FGS should be a utility skill, please don’t give them ideas. Unless they also give us an option to use utility skills in the elite slot, that is. I’d rather “waste” my elite slot for the get-out-alive emergency mobility skill instead of sacrificing a cantrip for it.

FGS is not a good enough skill to warrant its cooldown and elite slot anymore.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

We so need an elite signet that has a passive reduction of attunement cooldown and active bufffs… Protection/Stability/Vigor/Regen come to mind.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If we’re comparing the two, FGS is clearly the superior one.

FGS could use a little love (more damage, maybe a cooldown reduction on some of the evasive skills, namely FGS 4 since the change), but it’s not at the bottom of the pile.

You can still some neat things with it.

Tornado desperately needs help. It’s in a bad place right now. That one is at the bottom of the pile. But yeah, the elementalist elites don’t feel very elite worthy.

The elementalist in general is a strong class, but our elites feel very underwhelming.

They look really cool but performance wise, I don’t feel they measure up to other classes elites.

Elites are supposed to be powerful game changers yet as an elementalist when I use mine, I feel like I’m just using another skill.

In the case of Tornado, I’m actually putting myself in peril for little to no benefit.

For the risk associated with Tornado, it should be a very dangerous skill. It’s not like that at all at the moment.

It shouldn’t be an “I win” button, but it needs to be a lot more significant than what it is now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anthony.8056

Anthony.8056

I wish tornado was summoned at an area rather than a transform it is horrible how it is done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

FGS is not a good enough skill to warrant its cooldown and elite slot anymore.

Ironically, FGS taking up the elite slot is one of its big plusses, and quite possibly the only reason it’s actually getting used. Cantrips are our strongest utility skills by far (excluding PvE here, don’t have much of an idea about that, heard Lightning Hammer is a thing there?), and you’d usually take any of ‘em over FGS any day. So with FGS being elite, you can run that and still have 3 cantrips on your bar. If they’d make FGS a utility skill, they’d pretty much kill it (for PvP/WvW).

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

i want the old tornado back. The one where it would pump up the damage on your other skills, so you could throw out a MS + tornado and cause massive damage. Thats the last time this was ‘elite’ worthy.

That said, i wish they would let us slot anything in the elite slot. The ele elites are situationally useless. Only thing i would use tornado on nowdays is in EoTM, when you have enemy on a bridge or near a cliff and tornado them all off…

in Elementalist

BlackBeard.2873

Yea, I miss meteornado. Even then, it seemed like a very dumb situational use for an elite, but at least it was powerful.

In regards to those suggesting Tornado just be a ground-targeted aoe, I like the idea. At this point, glyph of storms feels even more elite worthy than tornado, and I almost never (except PvE) take it as a utility. I’d rather have a situational pulsing blind field, vuln stacking, or chill stacking than a self-KO (tornado). If tornado could be a short CC field in one area, that would be cool.

FGS would be better with a shorter CD and if they actually put damage on the final hit of the 4 skill like they promised. It’s currently bugged and does WAY less damage than even the tooltip, so is never worth using as an actual attack.