Tornado vs. Confusion

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

I think this is something that should be looked at. If you get confusion applied to you during tornado the ticks go off at an excessive rate. If someone is traited for condition damage you either must end your tornado immediately or die in under 5 seconds. I don’t think that the damage should be eliminated but the rate at which it ticks to effect a tornado should be reduced because it completely cancels this elite skill by a near instant death. Because tornado disables utilities there is no way to cleanse the condition (cleansing fire) the confusion condition and it becomes the ultimate counter to tornado to any one who knows what they are doing, especially since you cannot disable the attacks of the tornado. Also confusion is supposed to deal damage on ability cast, why not have it tick when swapping tornado mode.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brynmor.4831

Brynmor.4831

I mean, using Tornado in PvP is really just a good way to get yourself killed. It is very large and noticable that offers no protection.

I’ve found Tornado to be pretty useless to be honest. I was super excited to get it and try it out but it was very underwhelming. The damage it does is so small and the intervals between the attacks are too long. So, aside from being somewhat functionally useless, the other problem I have with it is that while yes, you are CC immune while using it some form of damage protection is needed.

Ostensibly the skill is best suited for AoEing groups of mobs but doing so is a good way to get yourself killed. Even using the blind and knockback passives (the latter of which doesn’t mesh well with groups anyway) doesn’t do enough to save you. And again, in PvP it is also a huge ‘kill this thing’ sign to paint on yourself. The only redeeming factor of the spell is the underwater version and that’s just because underwater combat is such a pain.

I think Tornado needs to either give you protection while active or full damage immunity, some buff to it’s damage output or both.

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taku.9351

Taku.9351

yup, and tornado — you become a slow-moving, huge thing that can be mowed down safely from a distance.

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seraskus.6810

Seraskus.6810

Ye, I tried using it once-
I was surrounded by melee using mobs and I used tornado in hope it will save my butt.

Result was: I could barely move, enemies in fact were damaged, but just slightly more than if I were striking from long distance, finally:
They were all able to attack me. So I ended up being a tornado that tries to escape from melee range not to get bitten to death by some drakes :>

Scince then I only use Glyph of Elements X)

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

If it doesn’t work well, don’t use it.
That’s the way we did things in GW1.
The GW wiki even had a little icon for skills that are bads. lol

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seraskus.6810

Seraskus.6810

Ye, but in gw2 it just should not happen :P We have much less skills, so having just 1 fully functional elite makes us kinda limited in some way :|

(Fiery Greatsword is nice unles you undersand that you exchange all your 4 elemens along with their bonuses for 1 close-distance weapon. You fight in small range and have no defencive or healing skills you have in other cases, which is kinda expensive deal…)

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Was that because you were spamming the skills?

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Using tornado in tpvp is ideal for throwing people off points such as clock tower to get the initial cap. Yes it makes you a giant target but the interrupts and knock backs make it very useful. If you are a glass cannon build you will likely get burst down but if you’re not (which you shouldn’t really be) you can survive 3 people bashing on you the entire duration and get out and heal once its done. It’s situational but point control and neutralization with tornado makes it a very powerful elite. Confusion just destroys is because it “cast abilities” so rapidly in comparison to any other player casting attacks

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

If it doesn’t work well, don’t use it.
That’s the way we did things in GW1.
The GW wiki even had a little icon for skills that are bads. lol

We had far more lite choices in GW1. In GW2, we have 3.

Tornado vs. Confusion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Using tornado in tpvp is ideal for throwing people off points such as clock tower to get the initial cap. Yes it makes you a giant target but the interrupts and knock backs make it very useful. If you are a glass cannon build you will likely get burst down but if you’re not (which you shouldn’t really be) you can survive 3 people bashing on you the entire duration and get out and heal once its done. It’s situational but point control and neutralization with tornado makes it a very powerful elite. Confusion just destroys is because it “cast abilities” so rapidly in comparison to any other player casting attacks

Right, and his point is that’s silly. Elite skills shouldn’t be 100% cancelled by one condition type.