Trait: Cleansing Water Bug

in Elementalist

Posted by: Incarne.7598

Incarne.7598

As a sylvari, I went the rout of being a suppport/ dps elementalist. Some of my skills that grant regeneration do not cure conditions at all.

The biggest bug that bothers me was my racial skill, Healing Seed, which grants you health and then grants your team regeneration as long as they are around the Seed when it pulses. This grants regeneration and yes I tested it, it does not remove conditions. I was really excited when I thought about it like wow I can be a pretty good support for the team with this, but it does not work.

I hope I can get the attention of someone to make this bug fixed soon. I feel so sad with this bug on me

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

The trait states “remove a condition when applying regeneration to yourself or an ally” what it fails to mention is it removes a condition from yourself, working as intended or a mistake on Anet’s part is hard to determine.

Can you confirm that it doesn’t remove a condition from yourself at all?

If condition removal is what you’re after you’re better off going with Cleansing Wave (Water V – remove condition on water attunement) dropping Healing Rain then comboing in that field for some AOE heals.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

(edited by MarzAttakz.9608)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Incarne.7598

Incarne.7598

Yes, using healing seed it does not remove conditions with the trait on. It clearly says when you have any type of regen on it will remove conditions but it does not work with the healing seed for sylvari at all. The other thing is that the 5 skill for eles already removes conditions so there is no real point to have the trait if i only use 5 which already removes stuff in th first place.

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

If they allowed healing seed to remove conditions with the trait it would make sylvari better then other races. Which isn’t supposed to happen… Racials are meant to be less powerful then professions abilities.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Racial skills are never affected by traits. For all the classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rolo.9248

Rolo.9248

Racials are meant to be less powerful then professions abilities.

Then why would anyone want to use them?

i5-2500K 4.2GHz | 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, GTX580-882/2033
Crucial m4 128GB SSD (64GB SRT cache) | WD 2TB 2002FAEX | Antec Twelve Hundred
When I was your age, I could outrun a centaur…until I took an arrow to the knee

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Racial skills are never affected by traits. For all the classes.

did not know this. Assuming it’s true, thanks for the heads up. I have never really used my Sylvari racials, cause the regular class skills are better.

Then why would anyone want to use them?

uniqueness, role-playing, fun, etc. Not everyone is a min-maxer so they might be tempted to give them a try. Also, the racials are disabled in sPvP, so you CAN’T use them there.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock