Trait: Powerful Aura

in Elementalist

Posted by: tealover.3491

tealover.3491

Description says: “Auras are applied to nearby allies.”

Does anyone know how many allies around you will get the auras?
Or what the max amount of auras around you given can be?

Was thinking about this while playing in wvwvw and running with large groups. The effects are very inconstant which make it hard to figure out.

Dork Age of Canteloupe [DAoC]
The Pangolins Den [PANG]
~~~ Maguuma ~~~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moose Rooster.4927

Moose Rooster.4927

It’s about 5, wish it covered everyone, does not though. I have tried this in a bunch of different ways but just never plays how I want too.

This is probably because the most Auras you can have is 3 that you can activate whenever you feel like it dagger/dagger or dagger/focus with 20 point fire trait signets make fire aura/shield. But you don’t get earth the best one tied with shocking so it’s a bit of an annoyance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

I don’t know about a max number, but the range of the effect is 400. 400 units is a small distance, the range of many dagger skills for example. In large groups many would be outside the range.

The trait Zephyr’s Boon grants Fury and Swiftness when Auras are applied. Both stack in duration. The Powerful Aura trait you mention would also transfer those boons to allies.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Moose Rooster.4927

Moose Rooster.4927

It does transfer those boons, and when I say 5 I mean that, my guild and I have test this in a uniform stack to get the best results. It is a very interesting trait but it is not meant for WvW more of a dungeon Trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Furby.5693

Furby.5693

Most AoE skills, including boons, affect 5 targets.

Here’s the annoying thing, these auras that you give off don’t count with other traits that suggest “When giving a boon” or “When giving an aura”. It may just be a bug that I haven’t been proactive enough to look for on the bugs list.

Sadly the boon range can be an issue and I’m not sure how the priority of targets is listed. It’s likely that it’s targets closest to you, which I’ve noticed from my own experiences. (This can also include NPC’s).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Thank you for the testing Moose.

In the dungeon runs I have been in, the groups never stay close enough to really get much use out of this. I suppose the ele could run over to a group of melee on a boss and successfully grant the auras. Is that worth a grandmaster trait slot? It’s not worth the points imo.

I can imagine a duo of PvPers, who work together, would.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

Shadow Dragon Ad.2409

I don’t know about a max number, but the range of the effect is 400

Actually the range is 360 (the same as churning earth) which covers more then a point in 3/4 of the PvP maps (on Legacy it doesn’t).

It applies to 5 allies as is the cap for any AoE skill.

Shadowplasm – Thief
Daphne Laureola – Necromancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Albane.8367

Albane.8367

Does anyone have any exact information on what skill types it procs on? From what I have seen, it doesn’t stun ranged attacks, but everyone within melee range of me gets stunned, just not sure what attacks they are using at the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Does anyone have any exact information on what skill types it procs on? From what I have seen, it doesn’t stun ranged attacks, but everyone within melee range of me gets stunned, just not sure what attacks they are using at the time.

Melee = melee weapon, not ranged in melee range
Fire Shield(is actually an aura): Melee only. Can be obtained by the signet grants fire shield trait
Shocking Aura: Melee only
Frosty Aura: Anyone
Magnetic Aura: Ranged only

Edit, forgot to mention that it will only apply an affect IF an opponent attacks you. So shocking will do didily squat unless a warrior or his melee friends are smashing your face in.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows