Trouble fighting guardians

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

I know guardian is supposed to be the only non-meta class this season, but man is my elementalist having problems with them. When I’m trying to stay on point and support, their CC pins me down and I die 5 seconds later from their teammates. When I’m 1 v 1 guardians, my reflects come in handy to get them down to about 50% hp, but then they start glowing blue and block every attack for the next 10 seconds and in that time they can usually CC and knock me out. Any advice?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

The most common dh build in pvp is a one trick pony. It takes between 20-60secs to reset their cds. Dodge the point. This should proc most traps that were spammed. Los the bow while the traps are procced. Watch for the grabbling hook thingy, you cant block that, evade\blind. Do not try to stay in point once you See the guard lay traps there. Most common Blocks are focus5 an shield circling around the dh, f2 a shield cone, possibly an invuln, that resets the f abilities( unless they have they Elite traps. If the guard kneels down, los vor Dodge the shot.
Guards biggest enemy is low HP and cds, do not waste the burst skills, force his survival skills. A good map for this is close and far on foefire. Just do not face tank the traps. Remember trigger traps by dodging through them. Important sie notes:
-if the guard had time, the traps will be on the point and their cds most likely are refreshed, Dodge trhough them, retreat. Return, Dodge los.
-if the Guardian attacks your point. Do not wait on point, Start engaging early. Good Guardians will not spam all traps at once, most likely the place one wait for you to trigger it, try to imob vor pull you and lay the next. So look out for it.

Again many zerker dhs are one trick ponies that are immensely crippeled by their high cds. Use that for your advantage. Remember they most likely have only 16k HP. Make your bursts count. If you have non, wear them down and use the Static nature and cds of this playsyle for your advantage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

DH is only good against you because of the daze from traps. They have 2 traps, plus a trap that is placed when they get cced. My best advice to you is to stand off point until the traps are done. You can also use earth 5 to stay safe, since most teammates will just stand in the traps and die, so staying close is better. Try to put more emphasis on staying alive instead of trying to kill people, as that is not your role in the team fight.

As an ele you want to avoid red circles, while healing allies. Your damage is from air overload. Use your cc on enemies being focused.

Bad Elementalist