Trouble with vets while levelling

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krypal.5968

Krypal.5968

Heya folks
I’ve been away a while and have come back and decided to give elementalist a go.

Now i’ve been using a DD build and swapping between attunments following a guide I found, but am having real big problems with veterans…specifically those for skill points.

At first I thought it was my gear/level so i’ve gone 3 levels over them and geared right up, but am still finding myself at less than 30% health after my first “rotation”. I have tried a L/F rotation and a W/E but still end out in the same position.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Hey im also leveling a elem and i killed a vet 3 levels above me in 4 secs :P its about keeping your gear up to your level and a good way to do vets is untargeted fgs 4 trough im and icebow 4 on him then fire 3 —> 4 --→5 if not dead by then earthquake + churming earth then air AA to death XD

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

I used to cast earth elemental whenever I was going to fight a vet. I leveled with s/d and what I noticed is that while you can afford a couple of hits from trash mobs because they would die after I finished my combo anyways. With vets you don’t have that luxury Like hitting with churning earth forget about it.

I would say throw combos off the window just hit as much as you can without being hit back.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Krypal.5968

Krypal.5968

Thanks for the advice folks i’ll give them a try

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Also, be sure to keep moving. just about all your skills can be used on the move, so there’s no reason to stand still and eat damage.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.