Upcoming patch (26th) in a nutshell

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Do damage again (air tree), and stop being a gimmick defender.

Losing 1s on every aura is kind of unnecessary imo. Even when you spam 5 shouts, + overload air, and shocking aura, protection wears off rather quickly, unless you’re in that 1% of eles that has boon duration in your spec. Only swiftness, regen (if traited), and fury are left. And then only swiftness and fury if you have air in your spec, which you probably will have after patch. Also vigor.

I think I will play air/arcane/tempest after patch. With rune of the soldier, you don’t even need diamond skin. I’ll just dodge everywhere and negate half of the aura nerf with increased boon duration.

The nerf to alacrity is really what will help spvp overall I believe.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

Lol I just read the next note about them removing celestial amulet.
I guess paladin or mender. Will have to test healing with 0 healing power via regen and heal skill. Won’t need ferocity in amulet with the fresh air change. But it definitely isn’t as bursty as they claimed with the loss of celestial amulet. However, having a much larger power base will probably give that same feeling. I am too lazy (dumb) to math.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in Elementalist

katniss.6735

something like but with more health and power. Change tempest skills based on opponents (namely stab). Be power focused.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

something like but with more health and power. Change tempest skills based on opponents (namely stab). Be power focused.

Yah Katniss, your build looks fine against my Reaper. Please play it. I hope you can deal 20k damage before getting stuck on my perma chill and fear. Thanks

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Yes i also think this is one of the good directions. I would use arane brilliance and air sigil instead of doom. Amulet will be the new paladin.
Just i am not a fan of power based ele swaping like hell, but the potential is there

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

They aren’t nerfing the boon-on-aura, I think it’s just the massive amount of reflection you can get.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I hate fire aura nerfed. If all auras are 4s after tomorrow i would wish to make one with fire viable and make the aura duration boost 100%. Then fire auras, if you realy trait this over 33% CD reducton and 10% damage, will last a bit longer than now and they deserve that. It will be a wooping 1,45sec longer than now and only traited …..

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Do damage again (air tree), and stop being a gimmick defender.

Losing 1s on every aura is kind of unnecessary imo. Even when you spam 5 shouts, + overload air, and shocking aura, protection wears off rather quickly, unless you’re in that 1% of eles that has boon duration in your spec. Only swiftness, regen (if traited), and fury are left. And then only swiftness and fury if you have air in your spec, which you probably will have after patch. Also vigor.

I think I will play air/arcane/tempest after patch. With rune of the soldier, you don’t even need diamond skin. I’ll just dodge everywhere and negate half of the aura nerf with increased boon duration.

The nerf to alacrity is really what will help spvp overall I believe.

Uhm, you know that with nerf to the energy sigil we have %50 less dodges, dodging all the time will not be possible, I am not even sure we will have enough dodge to use the evasive arcana effectively.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Con: The only thing that kept eles in PvP meta (Celestial Amulet) will be removed. We can’t do anything about it until then.

Pro: Eles (and Anet HOPEFULLY) will finally find ways to figure out how to balance the class without relying on a single amulet which should have been done years ago.

That’s a win-win situation for me as long as Anet steps up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am thinking earth air tempest d/f is going to become the new meta for roaming at least in wvw maybe for other game types too. Not all the info is out yet and it should be out in a day or so we will have to wait and see what else is getting changed.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

HAHAHAHA….great joke. You can’t seriously think this will happen. The only way ANet will every make anything other than a “sustain-spam bruiser” viable is if they over-buff the damage so much it can 1-shot people reliably…and even then….

It isn’t like they are going to increase the sustained damage and provide actual defensive mechanics that scale well with a burst role (hard mitigation), while also providing enough differentiation to make ele a choice over thief, mes, rev, or guard/DH for roaming dps.

I have no idea why some people put ANY faith in Anet at all, especially in the face of so much evidence that suggests otherwise….

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

It’s a weird feeling; somehow i feel like i’m impatient to be disappointed.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

LOL 250 ferocity in air does nothing to make ele a viable damage spec in pvp. They still die like flies without cele amulet.

Ele is dead.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

HAHAHAHA….great joke. You can’t seriously think this will happen.

I have no idea why some people put ANY faith in Anet at all, especially in the face of so much evidence that suggests otherwise….

Faith? I wouldn’t call it faith but rather wishful thinking.

I hope you’d go look at yourself at a mirror and do some reflecting. Weren’t you yourself one of the people who complained about this current bunker meta? Now that they’ve done something about it you’re complaining about it. Are you saying you’d rather be a “balanced” class that could only be viable due to a single amulet than be actually balanced at all?

Cele is basically the new Soldier’s (as it was at release). You take cele if you can’t run something squishier, as it has the best balance of sustain/support. When they made an even better sustain/support amulet (minstrels) the game was broken.

Plus, it makes sense to play cele b/c everyone farts out a million random condi procs, which cele makes use of, while still having good sustain. This is a direct result of the power creep that has happened.

Interestingly, if it wasn’t cele, every build was a 4-stat amulet, which are almost exclusively better than 3-stat. You would see much more variety if they had just stuck with 3-stat amulets but split them in 2 (so you aren’t restricted into something so angular).

Not all big changes happen overnight but it should not take them another year either. And why can’t it happen? People has been QQ-ing and there were times that Anet answered it. While it hasn’t been always what we asked them for, there were some times when it happened. Why can’t I hope for the same thing this time?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Because history shows Anet hates the ele in for some reason

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

I’m gonna be going earth/air/tempest with D/W…still not sure about ammy. Probably menders or paladin, soldiers runes for condi clear and sigil of air and sigil of force. Don’t know why eles are complaining about sigil of energy nerf…do people really use it with ele??? We are one of the classes that has a ton of access to vigor, I have no problems without it currently. Ive been using sigil of force and battle with my cele tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

One thing is sure: don’t expect to bunker elementalist anymore once the patch hit.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

One thing is sure: don’t expect to bunker elementalist anymore once the patch hit.

I don’t expect to see any Elementalist after the patch, if you are courageous enough play one in ranked, people will ask ‘nicely’ to switch classes, been there seen that with the argument that you are rez bot.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

I hope you’d go look at yourself at a mirror and do some reflecting. Weren’t you yourself one of the people who complained about this current bunker meta? Now that they’ve done something about it you’re complaining about it. Are you saying you’d rather be a “balanced” class that could only be viable due to a single amulet than be actually balanced at all?

Cele is basically the new Soldier’s (as it was at release). You take cele if you can’t run something squishier, as it has the best balance of sustain/support. When they made an even better sustain/support amulet (minstrels) the game was broken.

Plus, it makes sense to play cele b/c everyone farts out a million random condi procs, which cele makes use of, while still having good sustain. This is a direct result of the power creep that has happened.

Interestingly, if it wasn’t cele, every build was a 4-stat amulet, which are almost exclusively better than 3-stat. You would see much more variety if they had just stuck with 3-stat amulets but split them in 2 (so you aren’t restricted into something so angular).

Not all big changes happen overnight but it should not take them another year either. And why can’t it happen? People has been QQ-ing and there were times that Anet answered it. While it hasn’t been always what we asked them for, there were some times when it happened. Why can’t I hope for the same thing this time?

When the last time Ele hit the rock bottom, we waited one year for ANet to do something for Base Ele, what we got was the Cele Amulet and nothing more.

Now you come here and say, we should have faith to Anet, really? Am I delusional or you are?

To make the thing worst, in the same patch they are removing Cele Amu, they are also nerfing the auras and other stuf in Ele even not considering the devastating effect the removal of Cele will cause to Ele.

So, no my friend, I have no faith toward ANet, I think they messed everything with the chain of events started with the removal of jewels from amulets, then after everything is downward going spiral with ANet.

in Elementalist

Kyon.9735

When the last time Ele hit the rock bottom, we waited one year for ANet to do something for Base Ele, what we got was the Cele Amulet and nothing more.

Now you come here and say, we should have faith to Anet, really? Am I delusional or you are?

To make the thing worst, in the same patch they are removing Cele Amu, they are also nerfing the auras and other stuf in Ele even not considering the devastating effect the removal of Cele will cause to Ele.

So, no my friend, I have no faith toward ANet, I think they messed everything with the chain of events started with the removal of jewels from amulets, then after everything is downward going spiral with ANet.

Someone needs some lessons about reading comprehension. Go read the post again and look for the sentences in bold.