Using Jewels.

Using Jewels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TakeAChance.7186

TakeAChance.7186

So, I notice the common D/D build revolves around a 0/10/0/30/30 build.

I have messed around with a 0/20/0/30/20 build for Bolt to the heart, but found I missed the extra healing and survivability from dodge rolling in water.

I currently have 2 superior runes of the monk
2 Super runes of water
and 2 major runes of water on my armour.

I still find myself kind of squishy.

So, my question is, aside from the boon duration, wouldn’t it be more beneficial in this instance so stack jewels? You get more power, more toughness, and more vitality.

Even swapping out 2 of the major runes would give you a noticeable difference in toughness and power.

What about a full set with jewels? It’s cheap and the stat bonuses are quite large.

Anyone else running this and have thoughts?

Using Jewels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

I rather have boon duration for perm fury/swiftness and the 25 water trait.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

Using Jewels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tairs.3802

Tairs.3802

^this guy
I’d probably run jewels or seals myself if it weren’t for all the boon duration (in fact, I did before I got my exotics). 2x Superior Monk, 2x Superior Water, 2x Major Monk makes me a happy plant.

Using Jewels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

I do 2x Monk, 2x Water and 2x Hoelbrak. I lose 20 Healing and 10% Boon Duration for 25 Power and 20% Might Duration. I think that 10% is wasted in most other boons, I already have perma fury and swiftness and this build can stack a lot of aoe might really fast.

Using Jewels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

^ You rather have 20% longer uptime on might than 10% on ALL boons? And well 25 power compared to 20 healing. To me the latter is far superior but to each their own I supose.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

Using Jewels.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

Fury, Swiftness, Regen and Vigor are already on 100% of the time without that 10% Boon Duration so they dont count. Protection and Stability already lasts too little for an extra 10% to matter at all. Might is the only other boon that we stack constantly and has a significantly large base duration for the extra boon duration to matter. The weakness of this build is its lack of damage (mostly in pve, although plenty of stalemates in pvp) so imho more power and more condition damage goes a long way. Healing Power is meh, having 1200 of it only increases your heals by 500 so personaly I dont miss the 25 from the rune.