Utilities Reimagined As Elites

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Always see posts about people saying it’d better for eles if they could just have another utility slot instead of an elite. People always suggest new ideas for elites or how to make the current ones better, but I think this is more fun. How would you change certain utility skills to make them elite worthy?

Mist Form-Become an invulnerable mist for 5 seconds. While in this form you heal allies(and yourself) and remove conditions every second but are immobile. Radius would be about the size of a point. Downed allies will also be revived a % amount each second(sort of like that Engineer throw elixir skill). Projectiles passing through the mist are destroyed.

Signet of Earth: Passive-Increased toughness, 10% chance to reflect projectiles that hit you.

Active-Immobilize all enemies within 360 range of your target for 4 seconds.

Glyph of Elemental Power- Same effects as current only when activated all conditions can be procced with a 25% chance regardless of attunement. 3 Second cd on individual procs but does not prevent others from going off.

Any fun ideas?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

What i would choose

Elite Signet of Air
Passive: 25% increased movement speed
Active: who cares

Literally all i want

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

Glyph of Tornado
literally glyph of storms… but instead of a storm its a tornado

and yes its our current elite tornado
and instead of transforming into a tornado u summon one on the battlefield

90sec cd

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I’ve been playing Neverwinter recently, and one of the classes, the control wizard, has a class mechanic where they can place one of their normal skills into the mechanic slot to add extra effects/improve it.

I think that would be quite cool for the elementalist, allowing an elite skill where it takes on some sort of a supercharged form of one of your normal utilities, but increases the cooldown by 300%.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

What i would choose

Elite Signet of Air
Active: who cares

Literally all i want

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Glyph of Tornado
literally glyph of storms… but instead of a storm its a tornado

and yes its our current elite tornado
and instead of transforming into a tornado u summon one on the battlefield

90sec cd

See, um… yeah. We lack any elite skills that are just useful as they are.

We have a summon – yey? Summons are a nuisance. They don’t last very long, have unreliable attacks, and don’t tend to survive well when focused.

We have the FGS: great mobility, can deal reasonable damage, but it locks us out of weapon skills. All 20 of them. Not great, for a profession expected to rotate through all their attunements very regularly.

We have Tornado. Yeah, Tornado that doesn’t even have the occasionally-useful damage buff bonus. Has anyone run this ridiculously bad transform since it was nerfed?

I’d really like to get an elite that we could just… cast. A powerful spell that does something (maybe creates a useful AoE? Glyph of Storms might be a good candidate, if shifted up to the elite slot and made more powerful on a longer cooldown). A signet that has a reasonable passive buff and grants us good boons or debuffs our opponents when activated. An arcane spell that is instant-cast and CC’s a foe – or maybe an arcane elite that gives us an easily accessible leap finisher and stun break, granting a bit of mobility and something else to combo with?

Actually, for an arcane elite, I do wonder about that – wouldn’t necessarily need to move the caster for the finisher; could unleash a pulse of arcane energy that arced across a gap, and granted the combo effect on caster. Mesmers’ Phantasmal Swordsman (sword #5) already grants leap effect on caster without their movement!
The only leap finishers we currently have are Magnetic Leap (which chains from another skill) and those on the conjured Flame Axe and Lightning Hammer. A standalone utility or elite skill granting this combo effect would allow all ele builds to make use of this uncommon combo type.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

nice and simple, me like.

Elite Signet of Air
Active: who cares (my suggestion, keep AoE blind as it synergizes well with being a low CD stunbreak)

Signet of Earth: Passive-Increased toughness, 10% chance to reflect projectiles that hit you.(now that’s just silly)

Active-Immobilize all enemies within 360 range of your target for 4 seconds.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

I’ll throw on Tornado when small teams try to pull me and allies into choke points. especially if those choke points are on cliffs.

signet of air being dual slot capable would be amazing. either use as utility or as an elite. i like it.

However, what i truly want is an elite that that steals the Sylvari Elite Root For Effin Dayzzzz skill for at least 2 hours. I don’t want to be able to use it, i just don’t want that player to be able to use it for 2 hours. A bit silly, i know, but that root is silly when used with the tons of other cc available.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I don’t even care what the elite is, just having an arcane and signet option, for trait synergy, would be great.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

http://www.withanaccent.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/avatar-aang.jpg this literally all i want different effect based on the attunement your in. be able to use utilities but not weapon skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

http://www.withanaccent.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/avatar-aang.jpg this literally all i want different effect based on the attunement your in. be able to use utilities but not weapon skills.

Can you explain what this would be like ingame for the people that have no idea about that anime?

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Can you explain what this would be like ingame for the people that have no idea about that anime?

it doesnt have to be actually like that but the concept of an elite that makes use of your ability to control all 4 elements is something that should have been a staple in the ele kitten nal from the beginning and lets be honest the glyph is worthless in almost every scenario