[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kesil.8034

Kesil.8034

elementalist spvp movie with s/d build, the clip is all from tournament pvp vs premade (some rec was with pug in my team)

build:

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.2.0.13.0.20.0.16.0.2.9.20.21.24.10.2.6.0.0.0.18.25.0.0.0.0.47.50.0.61.65.72.0.20.0.20.30

(edited by Kesil.8034)

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

I’m sorry, but all this shows are bits and pieces from fights where you happened to win; I can’t take this video seriously.

And to be honest, you seem to be stuck in Fire attunement the whole time, never switching even when you should.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Very nice editing.
Very nice skills.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turpo.9458

Turpo.9458

Amnon obviously doesnt approve anyone else than himself as "pro"elementalist. No offense, but thats just what picture I’ve gotten from you.

Very nice editing! One of the best I’ve seen on Gw2 videos so far.
But yeah, it did show pretty too much only the finishing blows, would’ve been much better if you would’ve show’d us the whole fight, which led to your victory. Very nice video tho!

By the way the name’s Herman… And I hate musicals…

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aries.5182

Aries.5182

What a worthless video.

It’s pretty, you’re good at editing, and it’s entertaining so it does have value if entertainment is the point.

As for an analysis and break down proper elementalist play, this is terrible. You only show finishing blows and don’t provide any commentary. This is not a good display of your skill as an elementalist, only as a video editor. Also the link to your build is broken.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Kesil.8034

What a worthless video.

It’s pretty, you’re good at editing, and it’s entertaining so it does have value if entertainment is the point.

As for an analysis and break down proper elementalist play, this is terrible. You only show finishing blows and don’t provide any commentary. This is not a good display of your skill as an elementalist, only as a video editor. Also the link to your build is broken.

I never said it was a commentary/tipcs&tricks or a full match, it’s a simple video to entertain people, i had fun making it, and i hope you’ll have a good time watching it. I just didn’t want to make a standard boring video where people wonder for 30 min.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Amnon.4769

Amnon obviously doesnt approve anyone else than himself as "pro"elementalist. No offense, but thats just what picture I’ve gotten from you.

I would love for nothing more than a video to shut all the haters up once and for all, but watching the last 5 seconds of one fight after another in slo-mo, to me, doesn’t show the player’s skill. If you could show me videos of whole matches, or even just a whole skirmish, I’d be more than pleased.

(edited by Amnon.4769)

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotared.6408

rotared.6408

Thought it was a good video with great editing.

Do not listen to the negative comments. They’re asking for what they want in a video, not what you want to show in yours. This isn’t a commented video, this is meant to be for entertainment purposes. It’s like watching a comedy movie and expecting a documentary. People need to relax.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Amnon.4769

The video itself was fine, and of course your editing skills are very nice. I didn’t want to sound like a plain hater, but it’s just that the “Elementalist” here could have been interchanged with any thing.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rucket.5716

Rucket.5716

Very entertaining video. I don’t know why every single discussion here devolves into a balance argument, but I for one enjoyed the video as entertainment.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

In some instances that is the case, however, in this thread, his post of:

I’m sorry, but all this shows are bits and pieces from fights where you happened to win; I can’t take this video seriously.

And to be honest, you seem to be stuck in Fire attunement the whole time, never switching even when you should.

is spot on!

This tPvP video is very nicely edited, has a good soundtrack, and is fairly entertaining. That being said, it doesn’t show any of the OP’s skill or any real Ele gameplay at all, to be frank.

I never said it was a commentary/tipcs&tricks or a full match, it’s a simple video to entertain people, i had fun making it, and i hope you’ll have a good time watching it. I just didn’t want to make a standard boring video where people wonder for 30 min.

and it IS entertaining. In the future however, you could show a whole match and just speed up play (and/or cut parts) where travel occurs. You spent a lot of time cut/pasting video clips, so cutting out travel would be easy, and you slo-mo’d a lot, so speeding travel up should be an easy option with your video-editor.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

(edited by Bsquared.3421)

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Kesil.8034

bsquared you’re right, but without a ranking system it’s hard to find good team

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bobnintendo.1256

Bobnintendo.1256

This is not one of these videos like “Ele’s are fine, here’s proof!” or whatever, he just wanted to show off some nice kills with great editing. He never said this was supposed to show his skill. I think the editing is really nice

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

This is not one of these videos like “Ele’s are fine, here’s proof!” or whatever, he just wanted to show off some nice kills with great editing. He never said this was supposed to show his skill. I think the editing is really nice

Keep lying to yourself, he just wanted to ear a quick buck off of people.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Please, keep the feedback for this video respectful and polite.
Thanks.

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

I take it, people are so busy whining and flaming that the few good willed guys like Kesil, who want to share their videos are quickly dismissed and burned on a stake.

So we won’t get any examples any more and we can spend all the day crying on each other shoulder. Happy now?

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcane.4950

Arcane.4950

Nice video, excellent editing skills.

Though as others have said (in a rude and childish manner), this video does not showcase your skill at playing elementalist, due to the short clip duration.

However it is clear that you are at least “decent” and can ignore the children flaming this thread.

Nice video, look forward to seeing a “skills showcase” video (that also has awsome editing).

:D

-Arcanas

(edited by Arcane.4950)

[VIDEO] ele in tpvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: CreepStar.8025

CreepStar.8025

TBH its a decent video for what its made for.

Unless I’m mistaken, I dont think this video was made to be an analysis video otherwise it would include commentary and unedited clips of whole tourny games.

These videos arent a new thing, basically a montage of a guy showing off his editing skills and gameplay skills. Yeah, it doesnt truly indicate playerskill as you don’t know who he is playing against and he cuts and chooses what clips he shows but surely this is not the point.

The point is to entertain and show your general level of play in a fight (even if it is chosen).

P.S. You lose 2 marks from me because I’m really not a Gemini fan and I’m fairly sure there was a Gemini song in there somewhere.