Vapor Form fix? Coming sometime?

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Q:

Is there any official reply on the accumulated downed penalty each time you fall after using Vapor Form? Is it a bug or it is intended to be the most useless downed skill ever?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

it is intended to be the most useless downed skill ever?

Haha, wow.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

Haha, wow.

I don’t know any other downed skills that can kill the user

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Haha, wow.

……Your serious?

No………….good joke sir..
Very good joke..

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

Haha, wow.

……Your serious?

No………….good joke sir..
Very good joke..

There are? Enlighten me

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Vapor form is easily in the top 3 most powerful downed skills, if not THE most powerful skill in the game. If it ever gets changed, it will be nerfed to not heal the user, as its probably overpowered in its current form.

The more you know…

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

Strange I die after using it a second time. I didn’t see any heals

How to easily replicate: Get downed -> Use Vapor Form -> Get up by rally -> Get downed again -> Use Vapor Form -> Die

And it happens all the time

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

You shouldn’t die until you’ve used it 4 times, I dont believe you. And if you’ve never noticed the healing it provides (cause it resets the downed condition) you should pay more attention before asking for buffs on the forums to he best skill in the game…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Occam.9841

Occam.9841

maddoctor is right about how it works the question is if it is intended to be that way.
[edit cuz Bsquared responded while I was typing — if not the second time, then very likely on the third use you will die unless enough time has gone by]

(edited by Occam.9841)

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

You shouldn’t die until you’ve used it 4 times, I dont believe you. And if you’ve never noticed the healing it provides (cause it resets the downed condition) you should pay more attention before asking for buffs on the forums to he best skill in the game…

Nope it’s not 4 times it’s 2 times. And it happens all the time just go test it before posting nonsense.

Also you do know what death penalty is? Every time you fall you get 1 point of DP, at 5 points you die, each usage of Vapor Form gives you one point, each time you are downed you get another one. Is it now clear?

Down (1) → Vapor Form (2) → Downed (3) → Vapor Form (4) → death? why death after 2 times you should die after the next downed time but in practise you die after the second Vapor Form finishes, I’ve tried it countless times in Dungeons and it is always death after the second VF

(edited by maddoctor.2738)

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

maddoctor is right about how it works the question is if it is intended to be that way.

Even if its bugged to be twice, it’s still the best downed skill in the game. It’s the only guaranteed stomp interrupt available that let’s you control where you end up After its done.

If its bugged to kill you after 2 uses, I’ve never noticed it cause you’re either stomped or revived after the 1st use. I wouldn’t trade vapor form for ANY other skill in the game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Several different things to be discussed here:
1. " most useless downed skill ever?" – No. After it became instantly available after the down, it is a very good skill, especially if you have endurance left to dodge away.
2. “it will be nerfed to not heal the user” – This needs explaining to the OP. After you have used Vapor Form (once), it heals you to about half (please correct me if I am wrong here) of the health bar.
3. " accumulated downed penalty each time you fall after using Vapor Form?" – Actually this is true. Using Vapor Form three times without any means to reduce the death penalty will mean you have killed yourself (or a second Vapor Form if you already have a death penalty on you – not sure if it has to be a “yellow one”) .

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

Even if its bugged to be twice, it’s still the best downed skill in the game. It’s the only guaranteed stomp interrupt available that let’s you control where you end up After its done.

If its bugged to kill you after 2 uses, I’ve never noticed it cause you’re either stomped or revived after the 1st use. I wouldn’t trade vapor form for ANY other skill in the game.

Then you probably aren’t doing dungeons where “preventing” stomping isn’t useful but the mob will still come at you and kill you quickly. How I never thought of this.. it prevents stomping how amazing…

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

1. " most useless downed skill ever?" – No. After it became instantly available after the down, it is a very good skill, especially if you have endurance left to dodge away.
2. “it will be nerfed to not heal the user” – This needs explaining to the OP. After you have used Vapor Form (once), it heals you to about half (please correct me if I am wrong here) of the health bar.
3. " accumulated downed penalty each time you fall after using Vapor Form?" – Actually this is true. Using Vapor Form three times without any means to reduce the death penalty will mean you have killed yourself (or a second Vapor Form if you already have a death penalty on you – not sure if it has to be a “yellow one”) .

1. It’s the only skill that kills the user… After 2 uses
2. Well if it healed you to about half you shouldn’t die after the second usage but you do. Go in a Dungeon and try it, it’s easy
3. Yet sometimes you die after 2 uses of Vapor Form, at least in Dungeons

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

Then you probably aren’t doing dungeons where “preventing” stomping isn’t useful but the mob will still come at you and kill you quickly. How I never thought of this.. it prevents stomping how amazing…

Even in dungeons, where stomping isn’t an issue, it’s still tremendously powerful. If its defeating you after only 2 uses, and you don’t have any prior downed penalties, that’s a bug and it should probably be fixed at some point, but they’ll never remove the downed penalty from it (nor should they) as its probably already overpowered in every facet of the game OTHER than when it bugs in a dungeon…

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

1. It’s the only skill that kills the user… After 2 uses
2. Well if it healed you to about half you shouldn’t die after the second usage but you do. Go in a Dungeon and try it, it’s easy
3. Yet sometimes you die after 2 uses of Vapor Form, at least in Dungeons

The healing is because it resets downed state. You go down, a mob beats on you until you have 10% hp, you use vapor form, viola, back to 50% hp. It’s a free heal. This can be near game breaking in pvp.

And if you’re only defeated “sometimes” after 2 uses and not “all the time,” it may not be bugged and you may just have prior downed penalties stacked on you.

in Elementalist

Solori.6025

Haha, wow.

……Your serious?

No………….good joke sir..
Very good joke..

There are? Enlighten me

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengeance

Will kill the warrior after its done and if you die before vengeance ends and waypoint..it kills you again.

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

Haha, wow.

……Your serious?

No………….good joke sir..
Very good joke..

There are? Enlighten me

Will kill the warrior after its done and if you die before vengeance ends and waypoint..it kills you again.

This is… another crazy bug.

in Elementalist

Solori.6025

Haha, wow.

……Your serious?

No………….good joke sir..
Very good joke..

There are? Enlighten me

This is… another crazy bug.

yup -_-..

So when you think vapor form is bad…just imagine dieng twice..

cause you decided to spawn -_-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Haha, wow.

I don’t know any other downed skills that can’t be countered at all.

No matter what you do, you’re going to have to wait for the elementalist to finish squirting around all over the place. Only downed ability that simply cannot be done anything about. Not even raw dps will do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Haha, wow.

I don’t know any other downed skills that can’t be countered at all.

No matter what you do, you’re going to have to wait for the elementalist to finish squirting around all over the place. Only downed ability that simply cannot be done anything about. Not even raw dps will do.

One word: Immobilize.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

i ve 0 probleme …
i don t understand you maddoctor .
i can use 1 time , rally 1 time rally 10 time rally 5 time rally …
i have 0 probleme …

the problem is you .

in Elementalist

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Vapor form? bad?
HAHAHAHAHA ok.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in Elementalist

maddoctor.2738

i ve 0 probleme …
i don t understand you maddoctor .
i can use 1 time , rally 1 time rally 10 time rally 5 time rally …
i have 0 probleme …

the problem is you .

That’s not possible to do ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I would be happy with not heal the user but gain no downed penalty. Currently if you go down 3ish times then vapor form, when it ends you die.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

i dont know if they changed it but there was no downed penalty from vapor form in spvp. that may be confusing people.

but seriously. Its a powerful ability.
so try to not use it right away.
use 1 as long as you can.
then vapor away.
then 3 to root them and damage them. I doesnt work all that often for me but if i can root the enemy at a distance they cant hit me but they are bleeding and getting killed.

when i play my mesmer and use the teleport ability i keep expecting that my health will jump back up like the ele does. but it doesnt.

warrior vengence is pretty powerful too if i can get the kill while in vengence to remove the vengence death effect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

One issue I have this this skill is that its activation is way too sensitive. Has anyone else noticed vapour form triggering when you’re still alive (but close to dying) and using the #2 skill?

Basically if you activate a #2 skill while you’re still alive, but die during the process, you occasionally end up instantly vapour forming. This is actually extremely annoying, since it adds downed penalty and often puts me in a worst situation than before. I think the skill itself needs to be locked for ~1 second upon death, to stop this from happening.

Otherwise I think that the downed penalty should be removed from PvE vapour form.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReqX.3178

ReqX.3178

@Aiglos: Good luck avoiding quickness stomp if you have ~1 sec activation time.
I thappens, yes, but not really that often that I’d have it nerfed(!) as you propose… mostly when I try to heal with water2 in DD but die ;-)

Xefarya – X [REQ]uiem X – Riverside
dangerdoom.3862: We all know your setup by now:
2 guardians, 2 mesmers, 1 warrior and 3 forumtrolls

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

@Aiglos: Good luck avoiding quickness stomp if you have ~1 sec activation time.
I thappens, yes, but not really that often that I’d have it nerfed(!) as you propose… mostly when I try to heal with water2 in DD but die ;-)

No my intention wasn’t a nerf

You also misread my post. I didn’t say activation time, I just said a ~1 lock upon being downed. Meaning that the skill would only be useable until you actually hit the floor, not mid-cast of a weapon skill.

I just wanted a way to stop it overriding the weapon skill input. 1 second lock was just a suggestion.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

(edited by Aiglos.2907)

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

There ist still a problem with the Heal.

You will also get 50% Health if you hat 90 % before and use vapor form.
So it could be good when you are less that 50% but if you need to repositionate to avoid a stomp you fall down to 50% again.
So there is no need to change this!

You skill can be rooted or stunned while in Vapor form. So you can be hold in place.

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oryza.5039

oryza.5039

OP is right. Vapor form doesnt heal you, it counts as taking you out of downed state then putting you back into downed state. This is easy to test, just get downed, heal yourself to near full, then vapor form. Do this a couple times, healing yourself to near full before vapor forming and watch what happens.