Vapor Form generates death penalty - watch out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

How to test it:
Lose all your health ->
Get into downed state ->
Get 1 level of death penalty and get downed skills ->
Use 2 – Vapor Form – and fly around until it ends ->
Go back to downed state and discover you have less health than before ->
Don’t rally, don’t get up, but don’t get defeated either – stay in downed state until Vapor Form recharges ->
Vapor Form again, fly around until it ends ->
Discover you have less health again ->
Repeat until you accumulate enough death penalty from using Vapor Form that you go straight into defeated state after exiting Vapor Form.

in Elementalist

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

Yeah… I discovered that myself running around in wvw today. Looking at earlier threads I see where people were asserting that they never exit with less than half health. Anet must have “fixed” that when they changed the downed state. Now if you can’t rally after the first one you are almost certain to die.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cgnius.8539

cgnius.8539

I hate the fact that it’s the 2nd slot on downed state now, because sometimes when I click on my target and get downed within the same instant it registers the click as me selecting “Vapour form”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The downed mist form ending has always counted as getting downed again, causing your death penalty to increase. Now it’s just much easier to accidentally use it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I hate that it’s on #2 as well. I ALWAYS hit it immediately on down without any chance of using something else first. It’s like saying: “Here, new keybinds on down state. Enjoy! kittenololol!”

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

Surprised no one’s mentioned that it resets all of your downed cooldowns as well… every time vapour form ends it treats it as though you’ve been downed again so you have to wait to use 3 and 4 all over again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: shaolinwind.6932

shaolinwind.6932

EEZ BROCKEN

in Elementalist

Posted by: BioMasterZap.4350

BioMasterZap.4350

I hope they change it so it no longer builds downed penalty. I did this for as long as I can remember (since launch). Now it is even worse though. Why? I hit 2 for lava font as I down and it triggers mist form. Now I am sitting there as mist when I expected to be nuking them, wracking up my downed penalty. This has even killed me before!
However, I will say vapor form is the most useful downed skill I have ever seen. The ability to escape the foe is so nice and I feel lost without it when downed on other characters. Still, thieves can teleport without building up downed penalty, isn’t this the same thing really?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Finally other people realize it. This is a serious issue. Basically i never trust vapor form anymore. For me it’s the ‘omg i might kill myself’ button. Immortal is immorta, all the ‘degenerationl’ in downed state, should be ‘paused’ while vapor last. Anything else makes no sense. I’ve sended this info already to a developper, but i doubt he’ll take time to read it.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

It makes sense to me. Otherwise we would be able to chain vapor form and reset our health indefinitely. This way you can count on two pops, after which you either get up or go down.
Thieves can teleport, but I believe the cooldown on the teleport is longer so there really is no way they can use it twice, plus it does nothing for their health, as opposed to our escape option which can actually count as a heal under certain circumstances.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sadtv.9183

Sadtv.9183

It isn’t an issue. Yes it sucks that if you use vapor form too many times you basically kill yourself, but if you wait to use vapor form until you are just about to die you gain a lot of health when you fall back down again. Not to mention that any class would probably be dead already by the time you use 2 vapor forms and kill yourself. The only way you should kill yourself on accident is if you are using a #2 ability as you go down which pops vapor form (which imo should be prevented by adding a very small cooldown like 0.5s to vapor form when you first go down). Just watch your downed penalty before using vapor form, if it’s red don’t use it.

Honestly vapor form is the best downed ability by far atm. Being able to get up for 3 seconds from downed state is ridiculously helpful, even broken in some cases. The #2 downed ability for other classes in most cases only is useful as a stomp interrupt, not a stomp interrupt + get up and run to safety.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

It isn’t an issue. Yes it sucks that if you use vapor form too many times you basically kill yourself, but if you wait to use vapor form until you are just about to die you gain a lot of health when you fall back down again. Not to mention that any class would probably be dead already by the time you use 2 vapor forms and kill yourself. The only way you should kill yourself on accident is if you are using a #2 ability as you go down which pops vapor form (which imo should be prevented by adding a very small cooldown like 0.5s to vapor form when you first go down). Just watch your downed penalty before using vapor form, if it’s red don’t use it.

Honestly vapor form is the best downed ability by far atm. Being able to get up for 3 seconds from downed state is ridiculously helpful, even broken in some cases. The #2 downed ability for other classes in most cases only is useful as a stomp interrupt, not a stomp interrupt + get up and run to safety.

You realise the health return when using it is part of the bug right? The game treats vapour form as a rally and then deals you damage when it ends to down you again.

The mesmer and thief both have comparable 2 skills in their downed state and they don’t have this penalty. It is a bug. Don’t try to argue that it isn’t.

(edited by Alberel Leonhart.9640)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sadtv.9183

Sadtv.9183

Alberel Leonhart.9640

You realise the health return when using it is part of the bug right? The game treats vapour form as a rally and then deals you damage when it ends to down you again.
The mesmer and thief both have comparable 2 skills in their downed state and they don’t have this penalty. It is a bug. Don’t try to argue that it isn’t.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean its a bug.

Mesmer’s 2 teleports you to a random place, not always to safety (sometimes you still get stomped), theif is only 600 range. Since base in combat movement speed is 210 you can move farther than the theif by just running. You can dodge in mist form too, which is much faster than combat running speed and causes you to move much farther than a theif. Their 2 abilities also don’t make you gain a large amount of health in some cases either. Know other classes before you make claims about them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abra.5230

Abra.5230

It’s a bug in our favour, keep quite and enjoy it.