Very Powerful Ele Exploit in sPvP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

Lillian Wandom Hale.7102

You CAN’T expect to 1-2-3-4 to victory.

WRONG! Elementalists Rogue build can expect to 2-2-2-2 to victory! Did you even watch the video?

L2P issue on your side mate.

#1: HS is nerfed. Read that carefully. I know it’s a hard concept to understand.

#2: You can kill anyone if you 2v1, 3v1, 4v1 someone…and vise versa.

#3: Only bad players die to HS spamming bad thieves.

#4: Learn to play an elementalist better.

Why you no watch video? ^_°

…because I saw the starting clips of him dying as an elementalist, and realized that any class would die in the situations he died in.

I have to disagree …other classes have Armor, Hp, Invisibility, Shouts, Trickery, Glamour, Survival etc …

We have 3 second invulnerability even useless in PvE….yaaay us ? XD (sarcasm)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kurow.6973

Kurow.6973

WRONG! Elementalists Rogue build can expect to 2-2-2-2 to victory! Did you even watch the video?

#1: HS is nerfed. Read that carefully. I know it’s a hard concept to understand.

…because I saw the starting clips of him dying as an elementalist, and realized that any class would die in the situations he died in.

I have to disagree …other classes have Armor, Hp, Invisibility, Shouts, Trickery, Glamour, Survival etc …

Are you joking? 3 second (I believe it is 4 actually) invulnerability, for example, against a HS spamming baddie thief=instant game changer if you aren’t bad at your class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rodriguez.7682

Rodriguez.7682

So, I decided to follow the advice of this video.

Holy balls is a theif easier to play than an elementalist. I don’t care that maybe an elementalist is great if you’re pro. I’m sure a theif is much better if said theif is pro.

Let me put it this way, I have a level 80 elementalist with an admittedly small amount of experience in sPvP on it (only around ten games or so), but that’s still some experience. I literally created a theif, did the tutorial, entered a spec I thought looked cool and entered a match. Killing people as a theif compared to an elementalist is like night and day.

Elementalist, dual dagger earth/fire spec: Chain lightning to engage, pop earth shield, use earthquake, use churning earth, flash to enemy if they roll out of the aoe, use ability 2 (can’t even remember its name), through down some more bleeds, switch to fire, go through that rotation. Maybe the enemy dies. Maybe I’m just going through that ideal rotation in my head while I’m downed because it takes sokittenlong to get off.

Theif: Steal. Then spam ability one until they’re at 50%. Then spam ability two. Am I a baddie for using two abilities? Hell yeah I am! Yet it’s more effective than actually trying to set up some good plays as an elementalist. (Also, I have like… 3 escapes?)

I guarentee someone is quoting me right now to call me bad, tell me to learn to play, etc. Well, that’s kind of the point. I’m a mediocre elementalist and a bad theif, yet being a bad theif is far easier and more effective than being a mediocre elementalist.

Just my 2 cents.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sushi.1406

Sushi.1406

Lmfao, that was hilarious, even if it was quite untrue.

For the sake of pointing it out, Heartseeker was nerfed on the 14th of September. Also, the Thief has the second lowest health pool in the game, only slightly above Elementalist, which when combined with medium armour, makes them one of the squishiest classes in the game.

Come on man you have to say this is a little bit true. While we Ele’s work ourkitten off to get a lil bit of damage Thieves and all the other classes can do the same damage if not more with less effort.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

It’s funny, but I got a forum infraction for posting to this very video! :O

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

Are you joking? 3 second (I believe it is 4 actually) invulnerability, for example, against a HS spamming baddie thief=instant game changer if you aren’t bad at your class.

Anyone with a brain is going to stop spamming the moment they see INVULNERABLE floating over your head. A few seconds later they can spam anything they want and your really cool invuln with a really huge CD is going to be so useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wildfire.3849

Wildfire.3849

My ele has been unstoppable since I started using this exploit! Thank for the tip.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avani Silver.2018

Avani Silver.2018

Take the serious stuff to a bug thread. Leave the rest of us here to have fun. Kurow what do you have against laughter? Did it steal your puppy?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Midi.1504

Midi.1504

Haha this is awesome

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

Anyone with a brain is going to stop spamming the moment they see INVULNERABLE floating over your head. A few seconds later they can spam anything they want and your really cool invuln with a really huge CD is going to be so useful.

You being invulnerable for 4 seconds and not doing anything productive in that 4 seconds to retaliate, regroup or escape is your own fault. Do not blame your lack of ability to play your own class on another class.

There’s no way to stop a spam once a bad HS thief starts spamming HS because any number of times they spammed the button, it’ll go through because there’s no que c/d. So, that means, if you do it right as they start their spam, you can make them waste AT LEAST 6 (if not 9) initiative.

PS: HS was already nerfed, you can stop qqing about it.

Take the serious stuff to a bug thread. Leave the rest of us here to have fun. Kurow what do you have against laughter? Did it steal your puppy?

I have nothing against laughter, but when I see the way people view these videos and assume they know everything, and blame their own lack of skill on other classes…then I have a problem with it.

There was also nothing related to “bug” in my comments, thus there’s not need for me to post anything in the “bug thread”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Argh forum won’t let me quote.

Anyway, @Kurrow: If you look at the HS tooltip at 1:43, this video was made AFTER the HS nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ravenheart.5134

Ravenheart.5134

Hey Fishbait I hope you don’t mind me posting this on → http://9gag.com/gag/5407896/

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

Argh forum won’t let me quote.

Anyway, @Kurrow: If you look at the HS tooltip at 1:43, this video was made AFTER the HS nerf.

You know what else I saw?

I saw him 2v1, 3v1, 4v1, 5v1-ing people and hitting people that were already damaged and had no endurance to dodge. Oh wait, earlier on, in his video…he got killed the same way. Oh kitten…I guess that’s how it works. You take on more than you can bite, and you die. Has nothing to do with the class, just people being bad.

PS: It’s one “r”. Thank you!

in Elementalist

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

I will be trying this on my ele main today!

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Elementalist

Posted by: Talsi.1469

Talsi.1469

Soooo true. Why the hell did I rolled Elementalist.

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I’m not sure about the former.” Albert Einstein

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Otaur

I keep hoping that as I level and get better gear, I will become more powerful… It hasn’t happened. I actually seem to do less damage the higher I get fighting mobs my level. It is very discouraging… I think I may roll an alt just to try and like this game again.

On a side note, played Ele in Beta and they were awesome, so wtf happened between beta’s and launch, we got a major nerf bat?

No, actually once you will enter the Orr surrounding regions, YOUR difficulty rises by about 3 times and so does the time to kill stuff.
I found out that in order to feel Orr regions “as easy as” the previous level I had to gear up to rares, expecially the weapons.

If you want to farm like a pro I found out the best are ranger and necro, then mesmer and guardian.
Warrior is still insanely better but has survivability issues in some Orrian areas expecially when multiple mobs cripple or slow you.

Necro would be my favourite (less 2 buttons PvE class than ranger, it’s really boring for me) if not for the pets easily aggroing multiple adds and not having lots of survivability.
It’s still 3 times as more survivable and just better than farming the same mobs on an Ele.

You do get much less “oh kitten!” escape buttons, healing stance and so on, so when you go down, you go down harder. But hey, it’s much harder to go down to begin with, my necro repair bills are minuscule at best.

kublai

Come up with some original material please. This joke has been done to death in every game.

Because in every game, for some reason, the developers keep repeating the same game design gross mistakes about “rogues” and “warriors” again and again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deepblue.1237

Deepblue.1237

You being invulnerable for 4 seconds and not doing anything productive in that 4 seconds to retaliate, regroup or escape is your own fault. Do not blame your lack of ability to play your own class on another class.

Well the 15 stacks of bleeding + 2 stacks of burning + 4 stacks of poison dealing 8k of dmg while im “invulnerability” (if that is what you want to call it) and rooted distract me from doing something usefull.

in Elementalist

Kurow.6973

Well the 15 stacks of bleeding + 2 stacks of burning + 4 stacks of poison dealing 8k of dmg while im “invulnerability” (if that is what you want to call it) and rooted distract me from doing something usefull.

I think you should learn about other class’s skills before talking about these.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dan.3618

dan.3618

This exploit actually worked for me, my ele is strong now, hope I dont get banned.

Problem with the ele is that arenanet have designed it so your ment to switch between builds which of course is horrible design, so theres really no such thing as a fire or air elementalists, none of the traits are complimentary, none! I want this to improve that and that to increase that and compliment that and actually build my traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kasiba.5829

kasiba.5829

So true! Best video of them all… i hope you get 2 milion hits like they sold 2 milion copies and didnt even balance the Elementalist -.-

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Hey Fishbait I hope you don’t mind me posting this on -> http://9gag.com/gag/5407896/

Not at all, happy posting
lol just checked the link, excellent screenie ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

I have not made a thief, however I am a ele, and I just wondered is that what it is like in PvP now?
I do not play PvP, so I have not experienced this yet.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

So true! Best video of them all… i hope you get 2 milion hits like they sold 2 milion copies and didnt even balance the Elementalist -.-

well their balance team is rediculessly bad, and this shows through everything in the game from wvw, dungeons, spvp, class balance and general pve.
to mention the most out of wack i can remember on one food.

wvw: the winning side gets extra bonus so they are stronger the more they win (why would you give the winning side stats bonus? they are already winning and now you make it easier for them to rolfstomp. should diff be a reward bonus to the winners and stats bonus should go to the losers to balance the fights more out).

dungeons: difficulty is jumping all other the place, some bosses are easy as f others are near impossible to do. difficulty on dungeons low lvl and high lvl is jumping all over the place, some lower lvls are REALLY hard considered this is suppose to give people a first feeling of dungeon runs.
and no way random pugs can do them at the lvl they should be entering it.

pve in general: some pve area’s seems to be easy as kitten while others same lvl etc seems to be hard to handle. there is no reasonable indication on this and it seems like the boss incounters and mobs are VERY random in difficulty.
besides that the general balance between different pve styles totally dissapiers once you reach endgame.

spvp: some combo’s rolfstomp almost all others. some classes are rediculessly strong at this while others are next to useless and requere perfect controll and very good teammates to carry them.

the general design of crafting is just bad as well… why is it that there is absolutely no need to revisit lower areas to get mats to craft endgear stuff.. would be much cooler if the mats needed for items was dependent on the item not just the lvl of it, meaning you would need items from diff area’s instead of just lvl based areas.

lots of stuff like this which i seem as a concern for the balance team (most of it), which is just so badly made and seriously needed some good love….
which anet would get a decent balance team so all this could be fixed… and relook some of the design chooses like where you get mats for what and what is needed to craft what. how many tokens from dungeon gear take, compared to karma, compared to crafting the items (when considering the stats you get out of it.)
also giving some incentive to be able to just do what you like in the game and still get the items you want (heart quest need to be repeatable quest things, karma ofc should be so its worth doing at max lvl so karma is given dependent on lvl as well as difficulty/time used for it.. dungeons need redoing so its universal tokens instead of each dungeon only got their own making it a really LOOONG and boring grind to get a specific set instead of fun runs in dungeons with friends which it should be.)

ow what a rant i got off on there hehe :P
anyway think the vid here is awesome, it really goes to show how broken the balance is “rl skill+class”>"class". need some serious changes so that the rl skill lvl is equelly rewarded in all builds by all classes (or as close to)

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Ooh i wondered how i’d get around all the lost time of not having a downed state, huge cast times, and endless shifting through attunements. Seems i wasnt using stealth or my no cooldown 4k crits! God, elem really is the toughest proffession to play, all of those skills and i never noticed the ones that blow em all out of the water.

But yeah, feeling pretty disgruntled by being told this is a pvp game. It HAS pvp, but it in no way feels polished enough to state its an e-sport ready game with amazing gameplay that revolves around skill. That was a blatant LIE and you basically took my money by lying to me, arena net. So im sorry if im a bit hesitant to throw up my arms in cheer when we get the same old PR speak and then still need to wait weeks to get some info on PLANNED stuff, that should have been in the game already.

Sometimes i think you guys dont even play pvp, because if you did, the problems would be hitting you square in the face and you’d have given us some word long ago.

(edited by GankSinatra.2653)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

just tryed the exploit and as complete thief noob i could do 2 times more dmg and actually kill some players w/o help but somehow i dont like the thief build for my ele so i went back to my “run away and wait for help build”

SFR

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I got sick of the low damage, constant near death etc the other day that I left my 80 Ele` & logged my 25 crappy geared Guardian (which hadn`t used since shortly after live).
Entered WvWs just to play the puzzle & potter about.
En route ran into huge fight, ended up with 1v4 on me.
Roughly 25 second fight, killed one, almost killed another & even then downed state took one down.
The Ele` may be fun, but there`re times I just get sick of having to do 300% more panic button attunement rolling etc just to do what anything else can do in a second or three.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaalg.3217

Zaalg.3217

Just got 2-shot by an ele using this build. Taking an 8k, then 9k backstab is fun!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Oh, this video… so true. I’ve been trying to play elementalist without using such exploits… Trying. Man, I like making combos and whatnot. But…
Maybe I should just ditch the class that obviously isn’t quite cutting it?

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Thief is insanely OP. People get equally enraged when you mention it.

Steal. Pistol whip (4 crits). This is not survivable. You have to 1. See the thief first. and 2. Use invulnerability. Otherwise it’s such extreme damage that your dead in 1s. Literally 1s.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Myst.9182

Myst.9182

Haha, HS Spam ftw!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

Thief is insanely OP. People get equally enraged when you mention it.

Steal. Pistol whip (4 crits). This is not survivable. You have to 1. See the thief first. and 2. Use invulnerability. Otherwise it’s such extreme damage that your dead in 1s. Literally 1s.

i am a ele and i do not think the theif is op vs me. i think its fair i getkittenby high skilled theifs since its a counter class to the ele, my issue is how worriars/guardians etc doesnt seem to have the same issue vs me o.O

the rules of any game where you want a speciel feel to each class and still have balance goes as follow in who beats who:
fighters > rogue
rogue >mages
mages > fighters

healers=everything (they are not suppose to be counters for any class neither be countered by any class, when support specced they are supposed to be able to survive but not be able to kill either so they can support a team for a very long time in a fight even when focused.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Erebus

the rules of any game goes:
fighters > rogue
rogue >mages
mages > fighters

Why should it be like that? Because it’s established? I have a far easier time killing thiefs than guardians and thats fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

First it was World of Roguecraft…

…and now it’s Thief Wars 2!!!!!!

I see some butthurt Thieves in this thread. :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuviCk.6107

kuviCk.6107

10/10 great exploit.