Viable Ele build to survive HoT?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Hi all trying to get my ele through hot but failing miserably can anyone point me to a viable ele build in Hot..

I only have Exotic gears and cannot get Ascended anytime soon..

I’m currently running Dual Dagger which seems the most dps but range is horrible.. Staff is meh damage and so slow, I have pretty much Zerker gears but would be willing to craft other gears if needed, can’t make Ascended sadly not 500 in crafting and don’t have hardly any Ascended materials to craft with..

Thanks in advance

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XCNNg9MAmNAcYiFCATYSOBihBFgAwAwN1+artA-ThCBwAHVmB4BAYUphKtAp0BkTlCs7Pkw8HO1VkoEEA-e

Pop air overload and glyph of storms and normal mobs will melt in seconds. Switch to fire use pheonix and dragons tooth and switch back to air. rinse and repeat.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

still my favorite build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSfJU0A24A4fJwHBWEAsgAQB4A42ajt5WiuQSoKA-TxhAABA8AA6U9HoPBANqEMR9Aws/QZK/IEgi1A-e
woks just as well in exotics

wildfire under mobs, burning speed through them, and press all the buttons, and they die. taking too much damage? swap to water for a quick heal, then to earth, use sand squall for protection and reflect, and dust storm for AoE blinds and some bleed damage. overload earth for more protection and bleeds before swapping back through water to fire

optionally save your utility skills for the stun break and/or condition clear, but this usually isn’t needed and you can pop them for damage

Greatsword is mostly just for going fast.

btw, water 4->5->3->earth 4 = massive heal combo

If you want more defense, swap fire trait line for earth and take elemental shielding for tons of free protection

(edited by reikken.4961)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

I run d/d (d/w in major fights) full cele Ascended with concentration and energy sigil, and hoelbrak runes. Air for the passive speed (lazy) and fast recharge, and some dps, and water and Tempest for sustain with might on shouts.
It’s really nice and can take on 10 or more mordrem at once and I would recommend it to survive in hot.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phobos.6234

Phobos.6234

My celestial d/w or d/f tempest is extremely hard to kill in HoT -rubbing travelers rune for the 25% movent and taking earth/water/tempest -just the same thing I run in WvW. You could run air and take a different runeset

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

If you can run Fractals you’ll get Ascended gear boxes. It’s RNG, but it seems the higher difficulties reward them more often.

I would suggest not running Dagger offhand unless you’re running/roaming. The offense and utility of Warhorn seems better in my experience, and Focus is MUCH better for defense.

I run Fire/Air/Tempest most of the time, utilizing Fresh Air and cycling through overloads does pretty good damage. If you spec as the “auramancer” you’re pretty tough to kill and do great damage with plenty of boon application. If you find yourself getting downed too often, swap Air for Earth and take Elemental Shielding, and combined with Hardy Conduit from the Tempest line you’ll have good access to Protection that will reduce incoming damage by 40%!

However, in HoT, the name of the game is to kill the enemy before it kills you and many mobs hit hard enough that you will not survive battles of attrition.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Ok thanks guys and gals, Sorry for my late replies as being Aussie my time zones a bit off.