[Video] WvW D/D Ele thoughts/build

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Be gentle I haven’t done one of these in some time but I wanted to make video just giving my thoughts on the new changes and what I am currently running. I did this in one take and I’m a little rusty doing a commentary type video but hope it helps someone.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqjyhFB8l6s may still be processing.

Traits:
0/2/2/4/6
Air: Zephyr’s boon
Earth: Stone Splinters
Water: Cantrip Mastery + Cleansing Wave
Arcana: Renewing Staming + Elemental Attunement + Evasive Arcana

Armor: Rune of Strength
Food: Seaweed Salad(+10% damage while Moving) + Superior Sharpening Stone

Build Link:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJAoYhUM6c2zwwBdEBARhLnMK0howDlH5MjNA-zEDBYfIofBkEBkKAI1MZZnCsJqQVOFRjVZDT7CQ/SqWFDhUADMGA-w

Food link
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/231val/damage_food_effectiveness_price/

Nike’s new dungeon guild
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2356rc/dnt_dps_warrior_guide_for_dungeons_and_fractals/

Incase anyone is wondering: I used to do MW2 videos and was pretty popular that is why I have 7k subscribers but I don’t really do videos anymore

Update 24 Apr 2014: Mobility and DPS options

New Video with updated Mobility and DPS options for those looking to get damage and mobility but stray away from Zephyr’s Boon or traveler/speed runes.

Tigg Vendor Location Revealed Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv0_ufDaED0

Wiki Link about Tigg and his location

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tigg

%2Fwiki.guildwars2.com%2Fwiki%2FSwift_Moa_Feather&redir_token=ATujObMupJvu14uUMXDe7fAeVeB8MTM5ODQ2OTQ4NkAxMzk4MzgzMDg2

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

I’m really looking at this closely, build looks legit. I might drop the gold and test it out. How well are you doing againt’s steal thief builds sword and dagger?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I’m really looking at this closely, build looks legit. I might drop the gold and test it out. How well are you doing againt’s steal thief builds sword and dagger?

Pretty well I run that build on my thief and it is strong and actually my favorite build on thief as I love S/D play not the 30 acro spam though.

You do have to have some idea of what the thief is trying to do so you know what to avoid but with the lyssa nerf you don’t have to worry about stability on the thief. Aegis can happen because burn turns into aegis so just keep an eye on that.

Don’t be over aggressive with S/D and let them blow evades and come to you in fire fields. When the thief ports out he will shortly port back in because he trying to make you waste important skills. With this setup though you have some good scary damage that will really hurt thieves and keep them on their heels shocking aura when appropriate.

I never had an issue with thieves except good P/D condi builds those can eat your lunch if they interrupt your ether so you need to blow them up asap. Their opening condi burst is hard to avoid but good ones will use the steal on you when they see you heal pop your arcane shield when you go to ether renewal. Usually they will waste the steal and use up ini from cloak and dagger or shadow strike.

Also of note is that cloak in shadows trait was bugged fixed/nerfed. It will only give the thief blind on stealth at the initial entry it no longer pulses which is a pretty big hit to thieves tbh.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

Wow I never would have thought those strength runes would out dps scholar as well.
May have to switch them on my staff zerker spec.
Just one question, is there a reason you have 1 celestial armour (chest) piece?

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Wow I never would have thought those strength runes would out dps scholar as well.
May have to switch them on my staff zerker spec.
Just one question, is there a reason you have 1 celestial armour (chest) piece?

Early adopter before the ferocity was mentioned. I have celestial shoulders also but I just changed them to soldiers. Will possibly change the chest not sure maybe to valk.

Scholar is still a very good rune if you maintain the 90% then it still wins over strength but if you fall below strength is better. Nike still recommended scholar in a group setting but for solo or a not so organized group strength runes.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azingly.2064

Azingly.2064

Thanks for a very informative post ozii. Your dedication to the elementalist forums and the class is not lost on me and the fact you can be bothered to help out less experienced players is very encouraging.
Keep doing what you do

Bluchairshorthair – Elementalist
Mild addiction to arcana tree ~

in Elementalist

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

I got a set of these today. 0 10 10 20 30 was the trait allocation I was using with 2 monk, water, traveler, and it dished out some pretty nice damage. I’ll eventually try them out but since using melandru runes and geomancers freedom for the last several months I don’t know if I can play without those.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Thanks for a very informative post ozii. Your dedication to the elementalist forums and the class is not lost on me and the fact you can be bothered to help out less experienced players is very encouraging.
Keep doing what you do

Np I did enjoy making the video and was easy compared to the setups available back when i use to do them.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Nice video, sir! Very informative, it’s good to see an Elementalist who knows what he’s talking about! Haha thanks for the vid!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Flux Qemist.6712

So far as I can tell the real downer for the ele even using these runes is that we will still lack the up time of defensive boons such as protection, regen stability etc. (fury should be okay with auras etc). Not to mention the reduced healing power (old 2/2/2 set up gave around 500 healing power) the new proposed build is around 200-250.

I already know guardians and warriors in my guild are using these runes as well so in dueling scenario it will come down to which class can make the most of them. (keep blasting those fire fields!!)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I wasn’t aware of that food. Will definitely use it thank you for the info Ozii. What made the ele do insane amount of damage/burst was mostly those increase damage percentage stacks. Now with the critical damage nerf it is sort of a must to have them if you are planning to deal any high dps/burst without being glassy.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I wasn’t aware of that food. Will definitely use it thank you for the info Ozii. What made the ele do insane amount of damage/burst was mostly those increase damage percentage stacks. Now with the critical damage nerf it is sort of a must to have them if you are planning to deal any high dps/burst without being glassy.

NP Heida yea the food is really good.

Also for extra dps sigil of Air is top dog now since it only has a 3 sec icd now and fire lost damage by 15%.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Also for extra dps sigil of Air is top dog now since it only has a 3 sec icd now and fire lost damage by 15%.

meh so much for that food. it is close to 24s for each one lol. I only bought 4 to test xD. After i finish using them I think i’ll pass or try to craft them instead.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

meh so much for that food. it is close to 24s for each one lol. I only bought 4 to test xD. After i finish using them I think i’ll pass or try to craft them instead.

Mats are actually pretty cheap from what I understand price spike mostly because of Nike’s post.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Flux Qemist.6712

So seeing as crit dmg burst attacks are unlikely to be a problem like they were, the only thing still remaining are the condition bombing classes… does that mean diamond skin will make a return do you think?

Keep in mind of the added damage modifier at earth 25.

(edited by Flux Qemist.6712)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Made a change tonight based on a reddit post I saw

http://signetoflame.tumblr.com/post/82908502609/optimizing-damage-after-the-feature-patch

Sigil of Air is very very good now. I don’t remember the old damage but it can’t crit scales strictly off power. So with might stacks and runes of strength I am seeing good numbers from it.

1k+ as high as 1600 damage with 16 stacks of might.

So seeing as crit dmg burst attacks are unlikely to be a problem like they were, the only thing still remaining are the condition bombing classes… does that mean diamond skin will make a return do you think?

Keep in mind of the added damage modifier at earth 25.

It’s possible I don’t know what kind of success Gnomez is running with his build. He has a thread with video.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pteor.6421

Pteor.6421

I’m running something similar in spvp right now (0/0/2/6/6) and I guess I’m wondering why Zephyr’s Boon is so popular. D/D only has two auras on fairly long cooldowns, and you can maintain almost permanent fury with just 6 Arcane and switching attunements often. The swiftness doesn’t seem to outweigh the extra condition clear from Cleansing Wave.

I don’t know, I’m fairly new to the game so maybe I’m just misunderstanding something.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Excellent video. It helped me a ton.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

That food used to be bugged, seems like they ninja fixed it and someone edited the bug out of the wiki some time in Feb. Good find!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJAoYhMM6c2zwwBdEBA9gLjCdIP8Q5ROzYDA-zUCBYfChEFAkIgJqFRjtypIasqaw6aYKXAqXKqBAQAYn7cn38m3sUAiKMC-w

Using similar build:

0/3/2/3/6

Still can t decide bertween sigil of strength and sigil of air .-.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

That was informative. thanks for doing my homework.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEEQJAoYhMM6c2zwwBdEBA9gLjCdIP8Q5ROzYDA-zUCBYfChEFAkIgJqFRjtypIasqaw6aYKXAqXKqBAQAYn7cn38m3sUAiKMC-w

Using similar build:

0/3/2/3/6

Still can t decide bertween sigil of strength and sigil of air .-.

Air’s damage is hard to ignore and it procs pretty often. I like your setup looks good to me.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: jkels.6398

jkels.6398

Nice build man,

Strength runes look OP.

[ROT] Stormbluff Isle
Gnomez 80 Elementalist Airabetha 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/user/jkelsey83/videos

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Nice build man,

Strength runes look OP.

many runes and sigils “seems” OP….

What if anet did one thing good for once and try to remove focus from profession skills/traits to universal runes and sigils accessible by everyone?

I also have some doubt on it being intended but maybe ……

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Nice build man,

Strength runes look OP.

many runes and sigils “seems” OP….

What if anet did one thing good for once and try to remove focus from profession skills/traits to universal runes and sigils accessible by everyone?

I also have some doubt on it being intended but maybe ……

I was looking at the rune sets again and I don’t think Rune of Strength will get nerfed because it’s 6 piece bonus is the might duration. It was also the very first rune they previewed.

Hoelbrak only gives you 30% might duration but it gives the -condi duration and is now the 3rd best – condi duration rune. In order it goes melandru, antitoxin, hoelbrak and rune of resistance. They nerfed rune of resistance -condi duration by 5%.

The 7% damage modifier on rune of strength isn’t unique because flame legion gives the same thing now to burning foes, rune of ice does the same against frozen foe. Rune of strengths unique 6 piece is its extra 20% might duration.

Rune of fires unique 6 is burning duration and the aura while it only gives 10% might duration.

I think the idea is Rune of Strength to be the might rune, Rune of Rage to be the critical damage rune, Rune of Earth to be the protection rune, with Dwayna being the regen rune.

Though I still think rune of forge is a better protection rune thought it gives 15% less protection duration.

FYI: The old noble runes from CM dungeon now called Rune of Aristocracy give the same might duration as Rune of Strength but it is a condition damage rune.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

Thanks for the vid! I posted a comment but thought I would repeat it here:

Can you tell us more about how you decided which stat combos to select for certain armor slots? Like why celestial on your chest instead of on a dagger? Or why celestial chest and two small knights pieces instead of knights chest and two small celestial pieces??

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Can you tell us more about how you decided which stat combos to select for certain armor slots? Like why celestial on your chest instead of on a dagger? Or why celestial chest and two small knights pieces instead of knights chest and two small celestial pieces??

Well not everything is completely settled yet. I really am looking to hit a certain threshold and then from there min/max to see if I can squeeze out anything I am lacking.

I have a few different ascended trinkets so I am mixing them around I changed 2 trinkets from what I had in the video. I was able to get 570 more vitality, 2 more critical damage, and 57 toughness at the cost of 2 critical chance and 21 power.

In the video I have a zerk/valk ring and a precision 2 precision mainstat knight rings. I swapped them out to the good ol Celestial amulet. 1 of the precision main stat rings I swapped to a full zerker ascended ring. The stats round out better.

The celestial chest is just there because I was early adopter before they made the ferocity announcement. Like many I was stacking the critical damage from celestial in the appropriate places.

With the change I am unsure what to change it too I may just leave it as celestial. In s/tPvP Eles are having great success with rune of strength and celestial amulet because it boosts the direct and condi damage.

Placing the celestial amulet on recently I am able to get to 600 burn ticks with 25 stacks of might as a comparison my Engineer who is condi gets 686 burns no might stacks.

The ferocity change hit min/maxers hard that put critical damage in there trinkets. The good thing about the change is that your stat trade off isn’t as bad anymore if you put critical damage on your armor and other stat combos on your trinkets.

Just looking at the armor all on its own in regards to ferocity assuming you where to go full zerk armor.

Helm = 2 critical damage
Shoulders = 1 critical damage
Coat = 5 critical damage
gloves = 1 critical damage
legs = 3 critical damage
boots = 1 critical damage

That is just looking at each piece individually you will need to add your ferocity up to see what your exact critical damage will be.

Celestial pieces like gloves, boots, shoulders = 1 critical damage
Coat = 3 critical damage

So if you are trying to decide between a zerker glove and a celestial glove for example critical damage may not be a factor at all since it might come out the same or you may get 2 critical damage it just depends on your total.

If I do change my coat it would probably be to Cav, Valk, or Zerk but right now I am still undecided everything else would stay the same as I have it in the video.

Right now I hit the 16k HP threshold, higher toughness, 32% critical chance basically at the loss of 21 power. I am ok with that loss in power from what I had in the video to get to 16k HP. So I may just leave it as is now.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

Nice vid, thanks for that. I’ve gone for a build based on Stone Heart which I’ll be trying this evening in WvW. It does mean my investment in water is nil as I wanted to keep Evasive Arcana and Zephyr’s Boon, but I’ve tried to make up for that a bit with some healing power from elsewhere.

I’ve ended up with a little less power, but basically (without food):
Power 1,862
Toughness 1,645 (2,565)
Health 1,453 (16,175)
Precision 1,313 (23%)
Ferocity 468 (181%)
Condition Damage 449
Healing Power 239

Traits: 0/2/6/0/6
Air I
Earth VI, IX, XIII
Arcana II, VIII, XI

Runes: Strength

I’ll see how it goes.. I may need some condi reduction food with the lack of cleansing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arjen.9083

Arjen.9083

So for someone who just dinged 80, Are Zerker weapons not the way to go? Better off going Soldier now? And for Armor going with a mix of Soldier and Knights?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Very solid stats, seemingly solid build. Good job oZii. I’d suggest using ether renewal and, in place of soothing disruption, cleansing wave, to offset your noticeable lack of condi clear. Nicely done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordmeowalot.8135

lordmeowalot.8135

Well not everything is completely settled yet. I really am looking to hit a certain threshold and then from there min/max to see if I can squeeze out anything I am lacking.

The ferocity change hit min/maxers hard that put critical damage in there trinkets. The good thing about the change is that your stat trade off isn’t as bad anymore if you put critical damage on your armor and other stat combos on your trinkets.

Right now I hit the 16k HP threshold, higher toughness, 32% critical chance basically at the loss of 21 power. I am ok with that loss in power from what I had in the video to get to 16k HP. So I may just leave it as is now.

I’m trying to do this too but I am pretty new at mixing stat combos. I’m aiming for minimum 16k HP, 2300 armor, and 30% crit damage so I’m basically trying to find the most efficient way of doing this. I tried to hit the figures for HP and armor using solely Soldier items then filled the rest with Berserker/Assassin. So the use for Celestial is basically that I can replace a couple of Berserker/Assassin items with Celestial in order to “free up” a Soldier slot to become Berserker/Assassin, right? This will always result in increased Ferocity and the new stats from the Solder -> Berserker item will hopefully outweigh the net lost stats from the two Berserker/Assassin -> Celestial? Sorry if I have strayed a bit from your video!

in Elementalist

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Why OP would share and not keep it hush is beyond me

That being said it’s a nice build for ele and unfortunately this opens the door for all might stacking classes now

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

That being said it’s a nice build for ele and unfortunately this opens the door for all might stacking classes now

Well I didn’t put anything out there that isn’t known except maybe the food. The runes everyone knows about strength runes. That is why they are 7+ gold and that isn’t because of my video. You can go look in the profession balance forums and see Blackbeard saying they should be nerfed. Which I disagree with but that is for a discussion in that thread.

Everything else I used is standard tbh and nothing really brand new it is just my personal choices really.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

I am using a similar build. I would swap in celestial for shoulders, gloves, and foot because it gives the same total stats as say soldiers or something.

Celestial would give 17×5 (power, precision, ferocity, toughness, and vitality) which equals 85 stat points similar to say knights or soldiers at 35, 25, 25 equaling to 85 but Celestial would give you an extra 17 points in condi and 17 in healing power. Making that 51 condi and 51 healing power. Not much but every bit counts. And you can use the other pieces like say knights, soldiers, zerk, etc to min-max for power, precision, ferocity, toughness, and vitality.

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Im running 0,0,30,20,20 and loving it.

Stone heart is amazing if you use it right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

I use a similiar build but main difference being sub 10 earth for 20 air. It has higher crit chance/crit damage at the cost of non optimal protection uptime. Its a bit glassier variation
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0%7C8.5n.h2.8.5n.h1h.0.0.0%7C0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0%7C1n.7d.1n.7d.1n.7d.1c.7d.1c.7d.1c.7d.0.0.0.0.0.0%7C4u.0.31j.0.311.0.311.0.31j.0.3u.0%7C0.k19.0.k35.u28b%7C2m.2%7C1n.1q.1s.1u.28%7Ce

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I use a similiar build but main difference being sub 10 earth for 20 air. It has higher crit chance/crit damage at the cost of non optimal protection uptime. Its a bit glassier variation
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0%7C8.5n.h2.8.5n.h1h.0.0.0%7C0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0%7C1n.7d.1n.7d.1n.7d.1c.7d.1c.7d.1c.7d.0.0.0.0.0.0%7C4u.0.31j.0.311.0.311.0.31j.0.3u.0%7C0.k19.0.k35.u28b%7C2m.2%7C1n.1q.1s.1u.28%7Ce

But your a bad though!

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

But your a bad though!

stop copying kelarris’ build copying my build copying serane build copying arenanet build.

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

38 silver per each! RAGEEEEEEEEEEE

in Elementalist

T raw.4658

Well I didn’t put anything out there that isn’t known except maybe the food. The runes everyone knows about strength runes. That is why they are 7+ gold and that isn’t because of my video. You can go look in the profession balance forums and see Blackbeard saying they should be nerfed. Which I disagree with but that is for a discussion in that thread.

Everything else I used is standard tbh and nothing really brand new it is just my personal choices really.

You are bringing attention to it and creating another avenue for people to find out about it.

ergo it’s not a bright idea to post this thread/video

ps. Why did you use a voice changer on your video? Having a tough time figuring that one out

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

I don’t see the issue. Nothing he informed was a secret or known by chosen few. He is just helping the rest of the Ele forum community to be more informed. If he chose a voice modifier software in this video who are we to judge.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Very nice!

I bought runes of strength a while back since I felt that would be my go to runes with the changes to boon duration.

I use a 0/30/0/20/20 build (I love fresh air) and was thinking of switching my sigil of energy/hydromancy to air. I use battle with either one of those.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

Is this the build you were running when I fought you?

-mojite from blnt

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

-mojite from blnt

Umm are you the charr or the human from blnt?

The charr from BLNT I fought I had 30 in Air food was the same.

The human I fought I had blasting staff on I think from the new s/tPvP lay out threw me off. Still you got me good and well. Will need to rematch you later.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I was trying 6 in Air with tempest defense and I really like it now that it works against basilisk venom. I missed the sustain from evasive and I’d have to chose one either 3 water or EA. Still though 6 air is pretty good with tempest defense especially against other Ele’s.

I been using 4 air and on paper 2 earth is better for sustained damage but I think I might be favoring 4 air with air skill cooldowns give you 20 second shocking aura. Since ether renewal is 17 seconds from cast to cooldown it lines up well with shocking aura to help you get the heal off.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Would it cause a chain reaction if 2 tempest defense eles collide? XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

-mojite from blnt

The human I fought I had blasting staff on I think from the new s/tPvP lay out threw me off. Still you got me good and well. Will need to rematch you later.

Yeah I’m the human. It was a couple of good duels and most eles are running more armor than me now – but I think my crit damage, even nerfed, and healing power does help make up for it.

Unfortunately at this time I don’t see any build other than 0/10/0/30/30 making a case for itself as the meta. 30 in water brings the necessary heal/condi cleanse/vitality to put your eggs into other baskets.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

You are bringing attention to it and creating another avenue for people to find out about it.

ergo it’s not a bright idea to post this thread/video

ps. Why did you use a voice changer on your video? Having a tough time figuring that one out

If he really had a legit build that was any kind of secret, how do you know he isn’t still keeping it secret? He could be making this video to further throw people off his trail, right?

On a serious note, c’mon dude! There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing information with fellow Elementalists. Don’t be a selfish, now.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

T raw.4658

Do you really think he made a 12 minute video with voice changer and a lengthy post with reference links to throw people off of his build???

No not at all.

Good build tho and I’ll play around with it myself

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

-mojite from blnt

Yeah I’m the human. It was a couple of good duels and most eles are running more armor than me now – but I think my crit damage, even nerfed, and healing power does help make up for it.

Unfortunately at this time I don’t see any build other than 0/10/0/30/30 making a case for itself as the meta. 30 in water brings the necessary heal/condi cleanse/vitality to put your eggs into other baskets.

I can see this but I don’t think a full 30 in water is needed since that just amounts to an extra condition every 10 seconds basically. Cleansing water is also an extra condition every 10 seconds all this assuming you have 30 arcana. You could run a sigil of purity or generosity and probably get the same thing. Still I do understand what your saying. Me personally I like water because of vitality and condi removal the healing isn’t something I am interested that much if I am running my DPS build.

I could see running purity/generosity which should give you 2 conditions removed every 10-12 seconds with decent crit chance. The only reason I wouldn’t run that currently in my build is then my might will rely more on me attuning to fire magic so I can get the 6/6 bonus. This is also assuming you have the money to spend I happen to have a generosity sigil on my engineer.

{Thief}