[Video] WvW D/D Ele thoughts/build

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArabianDude.5128

ArabianDude.5128

Thanks for this post, you’re a true maguuman !

When you have time, please look at this build :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEUQJAoYhcM6c2zwwBfEBARhLnMK0howDlH5MjNA-z0xAotASiApCAZxioxW5KiGryGT9SEVTKAB2CA-w

Keep in mind the following :

1- I’ve never played d/d ele, only staff ele and even zele aka not support if you’re familiar with VR and Duke’s zelex :P so basically it’s nuke em !
2- I need a build that’s good for roaming in WvW, as I don’t like spvp nor tpvp
3- I’ve classes that I roam with so I’m familiar with other classes actions and reactions and you know basic how to roam etc
4- just need a training wheel build that’s forgiving and allow some mistakes till I stand on my feet
5- is d/d the way to go ? what about s/f

Sorry too many questions .. or please refer me to a bunker/training wheel build that still viable !

You’re fellow maguuman, thanks again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEUQJAoYhcM6c2zwwBfEBARhLnMK0howDlH5MjNA-z0xAotASiApCAZxioxW5KiGryGT9SEVTKAB2CA-w

1- I’ve never played d/d ele, only staff ele and even zele aka not support if you’re familiar with VR and Duke’s zelex :P so basically it’s nuke em !
3- I’ve classes that I roam with so I’m familiar with other classes actions and reactions and you know basic how to roam etc
4- just need a training wheel build that’s forgiving and allow some mistakes till I stand on my feet

Sorry too many questions .. or please refer me to a bunker/training wheel build that still viable !

traits seem decent. I recommend elemental shielding over stone splinters but both are viable. Clerics is bad with signet because the healing power multiplier for signet doesnt scale well. Your crit chance is also extremely low and even when running zephyrs boon it is far too low (aim for 25% ATLEAST). Swap some of the clerics for knights and you have yourself a build. Staff roaming isn’t viable because of the lack of mobility/protection and the fact that the majority of the damage is ground targetting(easily avoidable). Roaming should have dagger offhand minimum for rtl and seeing as how crit damage got nerfed, fresh air isnt that viable anymore. D/d is the way to go.

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Yea what ninjabread said is solid.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

May need to hold back on buying strength runes. They may be nerfed in the near future.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

May need to hold back on buying strength runes. They may be nerfed in the near future.

Quite true. Though, look at the track record of AN… just see perplexity runes……

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I think it would be some time. The meta would have to settle first then if people aren’t corrupting, stripping, or stealing peoples might stacks they might.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Any time a class can maintain 20-25 might stacks with ease the hammer comes out

Reason this thread shouldn’t ever have happened

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArabianDude.5128

ArabianDude.5128

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEUQJAoYhMM6c2zwwBfEBARhLnMKIiowDlH5MjNA-z0xAYsASiApCAJwioxWBLiGryGT9SEVTKABmAA-w

traits seem decent. I recommend elemental shielding over stone splinters but both are viable. Clerics is bad with signet because the healing power multiplier for signet doesnt scale well. Your crit chance is also extremely low and even when running zephyrs boon it is far too low (aim for 25% ATLEAST). Swap some of the clerics for knights and you have yourself a build. Staff roaming isn’t viable because of the lack of mobility/protection and the fact that the majority of the damage is ground targetting(easily avoidable). Roaming should have dagger offhand minimum for rtl and seeing as how crit damage got nerfed, fresh air isnt that viable anymore. D/d is the way to go.

Thank you very much, I wasn’t asking about staff as we all know staff ele can’t roam for kitten, was asking about other weapon options scepter/focus or scepter/dagger, but you got my question answered when you said d/d is the way to go

I did some changes to runes,trait,runes,food and utilities, please look at them when you have time :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEUQJAoYhMM6c2zwwBfEBARhLnMKIiowDlH5MjNA-zEyAYsASiApCAZPwEIR0aFsIasKbM1LRUNpAEYCA-w

Do you recommend a certain skill rotation for engaging ? I know most of the time depends on the situation etc but just need some pointer, much appreciated, thanks oZii too !.

(edited by ArabianDude.5128)

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Then you aren’t caught up on the forums and gw2 community. When DnT releases a video it basically becomes the PvE standard which is why the price of the runes went up. People where running around with strength runes before I made this video. I suggested these runes before the patch in another thread they where the first one shown by Anet. It was pretty clear they would be the best runes for damage.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Then you aren’t caught up on the forums and gw2 community. When DnT releases a video it basically becomes the PvE standard which is why the price of the runes went up. People where running around with strength runes before I made this video. I suggested these runes before the patch in another thread they where the first one shown by Anet. It was pretty clear they would be the best runes for damage.

Less publicity least chance of spreading.

Share info with guild and friends…no one else

in Elementalist

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Less publicity least chance of spreading.

Share info with guild and friends…no one else

Any decent Ele player would know the potential of Strength runes anyhow. So it isn’t like it is secret information or anything.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

So I been doing some testing IF you have the gold to spend.

Sigil of Purity and Sigil of Generosity should provide you with as much condition clearing as 6 points in Water with Cleansing Wave/Cleansing Water and Elemental attunement. Look at each sigil as a condition removal trait of course you have to hit something which is a bit different but you should be able to get the idea.

Essentially you should be removing 2 conditions every 10-12 seconds with a reasonable crit chance just with those 2 sigils alone. This is basically the same thing as a 6 in water elementalist can do. This will be of course with a loss of a damage sigil but if conditions are hurting you then they maybe worth a look if you can spare the gold. This would work in s/tPvP also you can still run runes of strength just swap to fire early to get the 7% damage at the start.

So if you have 4 water 1 of these sigils would give you the condition clear of 6 water. If you have 2 sigils and 6 water you have more then the condition clear of a 6 water 4 arcana ele and should really have be able to stand in with condition builds. For added salt you could run runes of water.

Ill test dwayna in a little while to see if it is fixed to work with cleansing water.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I use a similiar build but main difference being sub 10 earth for 20 air. It has higher crit chance/crit damage at the cost of non optimal protection uptime. Its a bit glassier variation
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0%7C8.5n.h2.8.5n.h1h.0.0.0%7C0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0%7C1n.7d.1n.7d.1n.7d.1c.7d.1c.7d.1c.7d.0.0.0.0.0.0%7C4u.0.31j.0.311.0.311.0.31j.0.3u.0%7C0.k19.0.k35.u28b%7C2m.2%7C1n.1q.1s.1u.28%7Ce

i guess people goes 10 earth for the 10% damage bonus….i run 0-20-0-20-30 for ages….but the 10 air doesn t outdps earth trait.

You can get back your crit+ferocity via equip

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

2 Quick New Videos with updated Mobility and DPS options for those looking to get damage and mobility but stray away from Zephyr’s Boon or traveler/speed runes.

Tigg Vendor Location Revealed Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv0_ufDaED0

Wiki Link about Tigg and his location

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tigg

%2Fwiki.guildwars2.com%2Fwiki%2FSwift_Moa_Feather&redir_token=ATujObMupJvu14uUMXDe7fAeVeB8MTM5ODQ2OTQ4NkAxMzk4MzgzMDg2

Zephyr’s Boon, elemental attunement and Movement speed are a great convenience that many elementalist in WvW find hard to give up maybe these options will help them find another build with out those traits but still a very effective build.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

Your build is flawed.

what is meme

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Your build is flawed.

It’s a D/D ele build been around for ages not sure how it’s flawed it’s a WvW build not PvE so I could understand that argument there if you wanted to look at meta. This is however WvW I could put on Shaman’s if I wanted to.

If there was a Perfect D/D ele build that did everything everyone would run it.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Sorry for the bump, but I decided to make a video of myself running this build (though slightly different). Swapped out the amulet for Celestial, and did Valkyrie accessories with Knight’s rings and backpiece; works out very nicely for World vs. World imo, even amidst the T1 blobs. Here’s the video link with the exact build in description:

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

So I have been messing around with more Celestial trinkets and I think it’s still viable and actually a pretty good trinket set now. Right now running celestial earrings and rings with a cav ammy cav back so far I am enjoying it. Sustain is good to go along with the condition damage from might stacking.

I dropped all my crit damage or most of it in the original video and found that win I would fight other d/d eles I didn’t have enough damage. Right now I am trying to find a good WvW stat setup similar to the sPvP celestial amulet will probably be more armor and a little less healing about 100-150 each.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Do you still run Force + Battle sigils? I feel with Runes of Strength that Battle is even more mandatory than it is on the vast majority of Ele builds, but what are some other alternatives to Force? I’m currently using Force, but I was thinking if other sigils like Strength, Air, or something like that could work out. Don’t know too much about the sigils and how they’ve changed.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Do you still run Force + Battle sigils? I feel with Runes of Strength that Battle is even more mandatory than it is on the vast majority of Ele builds, but what are some other alternatives to Force? I’m currently using Force, but I was thinking if other sigils like Strength, Air, or something like that could work out. Don’t know too much about the sigils and how they’ve changed.

Battle and Energy or I would recommend Battle and Air the damage is 900+ every 3 seconds hard to ignore.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

in Elementalist

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

Battle and Energy or I would recommend Battle and Air the damage is 900+ every 3 seconds hard to ignore.

Battle is 100% necessary with strength runes. As for air, not so much, you’d be better off getting Bloodlust or Doom (doom only for WvW small scale fights.)