[Video] WvW solo roaming - Scepter/focus.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KarsaiB.9475

KarsaiB.9475

A few days ago, I found myself urging to go man mode and solo roam wvw with my handsome elementalist. Recorded a bunch of footage, that I now present to you so you can laugh at me for playing such a cheesy noob class. Hf, feel free to comment ! <3

55 HP Monks // Random scrubadub

in Elementalist

Posted by: Przemek Pro.1309

Przemek Pro.1309

dude I wont be offensive but this video is really, really bad. Only 1v1 fights with ppl without stacks and food and also low ranks.

“We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us”
Prnn [dF]
Driven By Fury

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Nice work there haha. Looks fun. I’ve always said X/F is a fun dueling spec but can’t hang in the roaming game. Love the bursty action though.

What version of whistling dixie is that?

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

KarsaiB.9475

dude I wont be offensive but this video is really, really bad. Only 1v1 fights with ppl without stacks and food and also low ranks.

Don’t worry, you’re not being offensive at all
However, please take the time to read the title. Zerging bores me. And picking off lone people with 3 mates feels more unfair than kitten 2 guys over and over all by yourself. I’ll try to record 5v50 action for you ! <3
Also vs no food opponents ? That’s not true at all. Concerning stacks, I don’t see why it’s an issue : It takes 2 minutes to kill 12 mobs. It’s not like it’s hard or takes a lot of time. No excuse for not stacking !

Aaaaand, here’s a link for the song you asked : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi_1HtXWNzQ&index=20&list=PLBE2AFD07E2F2A435

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Eggcellent song. Thanks. Almost better than the original.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I don’t understand how the engi at 6.40 got a shield throw to interrupt on you when you were healing, it’s a projectile after all.

in Elementalist

KarsaiB.9475

Me neither, it should have been a bug. I used swirling winds for the sole purpose of healing safely. Or so I thought…

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I enjoyed the video the first fight was boring skipped that.

Lol that pu mesmer switched to greatsword and change to the mirror of anguish trait lol. Roamers get so kitten when they lose a fight they think they are suppose to win cause their build is suppose to win lol.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

KarsaiB.9475

Thanks. Retrospectively I agree, the first fight is boring as hell. I’ll do another video this week, with even better footage. <3

(edited by KarsaiB.9475)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Hey Karsai!

First of all, thank you for making s/f video and sharing it on this forum. I was really looking forward to someone actually go “against the tide” and post a wvw roaming video with that weapon combo. I myself play only an ele and IMO s/f is unfairly underestimated by most ele players. So I urge you to make more awesome and maybe not so awesome but brave(!) videos with s/f and post them here so that people can actually remember that focus is still alive and very (!) effective against some classes in wvw.

in Elementalist

KarsaiB.9475

Hey man, thanks for your nice comment.
I’m currently working on another video, more oriented towards scepter/dagger (my favorite set). Thing is I seem to be cursed : I always get really cool encounters when I’m not recording, and uninterresting footage when I am.
I’ll post another video as soon as possible !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

thumbs up

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hyo Jin.5630

Hyo Jin.5630

Good job Karsai, I enjoyed the video
I actually was thinking about how great is the Focus as far as the PvP is concerned. Though, there might be some improvement on this weapon set.. Anyways, S/F is a great combo & you just demonstrated it
Don’t hesitate to post other videos when you have the time, I’ll really appreciate it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’m sorry, but your rotations are way off, and the first battle made me not want to watch anymore of the video. You are not procing might stacks, and weren’t using your projectile reflects at the right times. The guardian also bowed at one point to call the fight, to which you chased him until he was downed, staked, then jumped away like a proud princess.

Spamming all skills just because they’re up is not how you play this class. kthxbye

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

KarsaiB.9475

You’re right, you must be a better player than me. Thanks for the feedback.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hyo Jin.5630

Hyo Jin.5630

I’m sorry, but your rotations are way off, and the first battle made me not want to watch anymore of the video. You are not procing might stacks, and weren’t using your projectile reflects at the right times. The guardian also bowed at one point to call the fight, to which you chased him until he was downed, staked, then jumped away like a proud princess.

Spamming all skills just because they’re up is not how you play this class. kthxbye

You’re kinda like the jealous guy right ? ^^ Easy to critize people when they try to show us something nice. But as you seem to be a pro elementalist player, please show us your skill into a video in which you prove all you just said It’ll be much more appreciate instead of having this kind of lame behaviour.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

That mesmer seemed a little angry.
Nice fights, good to see Focus users and fellow Desolation players

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The elementalist can be played in various ways and still be successful. This profession is very versatile within that aspect. The method you mentioned is just one in many.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

dat Phoenix at the end reminded me of people AWPing through walls in Counter Strike.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief