[Video and build] Xun S/D, going further

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

Hi again guys, I’m going further with fresh air s/d build and this is it. Hope you enjoy!

Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmmbyR3wjDIEFmwLIeYBYAHWUMD5AA-jUzAorASiAJCAJ/Im9GyaVrIasq6UrrxUuA6XIVMiBnIa2kjKEwoxA-w

Changes from previous build:

- stats rebalance, got more critical chance and damage using some of the new celestials

- no glyphs this time
that’s because I wanted to use Ether Renewal healing spell, gw2 is too conditions heavy atm.

- changed some trait (no longer need glyphs traits)

- back to sigil of battle to fix my power wich is not so high

- precision stacks

- new colors to my skin :P (introduction is not updated, sorry for that)

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Cannot wait to watch this after work! Build similar to what I have prepared for myself in gear and had in mind. Just cant get lured out of D/D in teamfights as it brings so much more to the table and has so much more escapeability.
Maybe you school me about that. Or maybe finishing Meteorlogicus next week helps convincing me too!

Cheers and thank you for sharing your good work on S/D again!

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

v. nice build. I play something simillar
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhEmmbyR3wjEI0DmwoQGIeYBOAHWPMDA-jUzAorASiAJCAJ/Im9GyaVrIasq6UrrxUuA6XIVMiBnIa2kjKEwoxA-w
but the traits are 15 watter 15 arcana 10 earth. Imho it gives more possibilities and i dont have to reset traits - I can addopt on the fly.
Compared to your build mine loose 2 master traits (watter/arcana) and gain only one adept (earth) but imho it is worth.
Dependend on the situation/team you can still use arcana 5 or 6. If you chose 5 and have no vigor on crit you can use air 2 - which in scepter/dagger is comparable to vigor on crit. As for earth you take either +10% damage or gain toughness (actually a lot of tou) while chanelled. For air +10% damage while in air + arcana 15 and fresh air gives perm +10% damage boost in all attunements.
Overall I offten use more offensive gear than you (left ber/right celestial or ber/ber), have less heal power, probably have more tou (+100 earth + a lot from earth trait 1) and have more damage because of perm air +10%, and <600 earth +10%.
Imho it is easier for me to be either more tanky or to have more dps and when i want have all at once I might be just a bit worse then you.

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

lingering elements does’nt work on air +10% damage, that’s why I’m not using it.
Arcana 5 and 6 are too good to not have imo

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

Just cant get lured out of D/D in teamfights as it brings so much more to the table

in theam fights scepter is a lot better might stack giver, has 2x blind (10s cd single targed) and 15s pierce/aoe, dragon tooth which is great area denial skill (for example drop it downed alies to prevent stomp). In dagger the only team oriented skills are Ring of Earth and Frozen Burst (shocking aura when aura share build ofc). Also the heal from scepter is easier to use on themmates. Overall scepter is imho more theam oriented weapon than dagger and whats most important it is ranged.

in Elementalist

Lavadiel.6231

lingering elements does’nt work on air +10% damage, that’s why I’m not using it.
Arcana 5 and 6 are too good to not have imo

are you sure about it? I did the test and it worked for me. There is a chance that additional vunrabilities (that i apply on crit) might somehow change the results but with this trait i hit ~10% harder in other attunement while the air icon was still on.
I will test is again to be sure.

ps. yes both arcana 5 and 6 are good, but for lover crit rate build air 2 acutally gives more endurance while using scepter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

are you sure about it? I did the test and it worked for me. There is a chance that additional vunrabilities (that i apply on crit) might somehow change the results but with this trait i hit ~10% harder in other attunement while the air icon was still on.
I will test is again to be sure.

Lingering elements works only with soothing mist and flame barrier. Not even with zephyr’s speed and stone flesh.

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

Weak Spot is not “when attuned to air only”, that’s why u see it in other attunements.
About lingering elements, looks like it is bugged, there are some discussions around about it and it’s reported on wiki aswell. Too bad

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Just cant get lured out of D/D in teamfights as it brings so much more to the table

in theam fights scepter is a lot better might stack giver, has 2x blind (10s cd single targed) and 15s pierce/aoe, dragon tooth which is great area denial skill (for example drop it downed alies to prevent stomp). In dagger the only team oriented skills are Ring of Earth and Frozen Burst (shocking aura when aura share build ofc). Also the heal from scepter is easier to use on themmates. Overall scepter is imho more theam oriented weapon than dagger and whats most important it is ranged.

On the paper this might be true, but with scepter I feel more susceptible to burstfocus and I have less mobility. My mightstacks are 36seconds so my team will be on 25stacks period anyways. Roaming with 2-5 ppl you wont spend much time explicitly mightstacking. Having AoE autoattacks on fire and air makes it more teamviable to me as i can put high pressure in the chokepoints.
I need to be next to my teammates, not ranged, as my contribution appart from CC and AoE damage is buffing regeneration, protection, might and swiftness.

Also never underestimate a burning speed on 25 mightstacks.

Lets put it there: for my playstyle, D/D brings more to a teamfight than S/D.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I think I prefer this build to your last build. I like ether renewal and signet of air.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

that cheesy triple ele party!
good show xun, always fun seeing large groups beaten like that.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Elementalist

Xunleashed.5271

next step will be D/D solo, something classic

WvW Videos Channel:

in Elementalist

Zumy.6318

Suscribed :-).

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

Very nice video by the way. My main issues with your previous videos (although I enjoyed them a lot – don’t get me wrong here was that you mainly fought against upleveled or unexperienced players (Recruit, Invader, Assaulter …) that did not use buff-food or anything like that (or only one out of five did). In that video most players seemed to be raider or above, so they definitely were not upleveled and should have a solid knowledge of WvW. Imho this is your best video so far. And thanks a lot for writing the currently played music in the headline. I liked “the heart of a champion” a lot – you should include this in all of your videos.

Regarding your build, I like the use of celestial equipment. What I don’t really understand is the use of Air V (5% prec is converted to healing) instead of Air X (10% more damage in air attune).

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Xun, how is it that your camera doesn’t shake after certain skills such as earthquake and churning earth?

Nevermind, I’m dumb. Never realized there was an option for it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Very nice video by the way. I liked “the heart of a champion” a lot – you should include this in all of your videos.

Regarding your build, I like the use of celestial equipment. What I don’t really understand is the use of Air V (5% prec is converted to healing) instead of Air X (10% more damage in air attune).

I agree with you on these first 3 sentences.

He is giving a bit more focus on surviving longer than increasing his burst. The Air V trait doesn’t make much difference regards to his survivability when his healing power stat is still pretty low but I’m sure he’ll figure that out and keep improving with time and experience. He is already an awesome s/d ele ^^.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!