Video - two day 1 weaver pvp builds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

What’s up elementalist forums. I played about 10-11 hours of weaver yesterday and I wanted to make a video about the two builds I, with the help of many others and twitch chat, have come up with that I believe to be the strongest pvp builds currently for weaver.

Weaver felt so weak for the first few hours I played on it and getting the right build was night and day in how effective I felt. I hope these builds can help other weavers realize our potential in pvp. I have limited experience on the bunker/support build but I’ve played the sages amulet version for at least 7 hours.

If you have any questions feel free I’m more than willing to give my opinion or answer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xarimath.4518

Xarimath.4518

Best build so far. Gives you good condi pressure, good survivability and excellent chances to duel the other classes.

Jariel, your friendly neighborhood elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

something i noticed and asked you about but didn’t get an answer was why you never use single attunements (eg. water/water). do you feel like it isn’t worth it? because water/water 3 has a nice heal and earth/earth good bleeding application. fire/fire and air/air kinda suck tho.

i tried to push my build a bit more into might stacking, dropping water for fire with hoelbrak and battle or courage runes but it just doesn’t work. survivability is low and stacking might is not worth it because of a) removal and b) low direct damage values on weaver skills.

sword/focus was also the only combination that felt viable, maybe dagger but i’m not too sure. marauder builds were a disaster and fresh air feels weird and clunky.

i’m not a fan of the global attunement cooldown and i hope they’ll buff the direct damage values a bit. gotta be glad that at least 1-2 builds are playable.
there is still a lot of potential for weaver if arenanet tweaks everything properly.

i felt that out of all the new elite specs weaver is somewhere in the middle. holo spellbreaker and scourge? on the stronger side.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

Well, you mentioned it yourself, if you see a necro you have to run. Because weaver has no condition cleanse. Unfortunately, necro is not the only condition class in the game. So even though this might be the best weaver build in the game, it won’t be viable. Thanks for sharing anyway.

in Elementalist

Phantaram.4816

something i noticed and asked you about but didn’t get an answer was why you never use single attunements (eg. water/water). do you feel like it isn’t worth it? because water/water 3 has a nice heal and earth/earth good bleeding application. fire/fire and air/air kinda suck tho.

i tried to push my build a bit more into might stacking, dropping water for fire with hoelbrak and battle or courage runes but it just doesn’t work. survivability is low and stacking might is not worth it because of a) removal and b) low direct damage values on weaver skills.

sword/focus was also the only combination that felt viable, maybe dagger but i’m not too sure. marauder builds were a disaster and fresh air feels weird and clunky.

i’m not a fan of the global attunement cooldown and i hope they’ll buff the direct damage values a bit. gotta be glad that at least 1-2 builds are playable.
there is still a lot of potential for weaver if arenanet tweaks everything properly.

i felt that out of all the new elite specs weaver is somewhere in the middle. holo spellbreaker and scourge? on the stronger side.

1. Yes it is definitely not worth it to double attune. They made certain things like the heal on attune to water trait not work the second time and it’s just not worth using 1 #3 ability to be stuck in the attunement for another 3.4 seconds. And then beyond that when you swap again after that it won’t shift into new off-hand abilities. It’s important to always have fresh abilities. I think maybe they could reduce the time between attunement swaps for double attuning specifically to make it worth it because currently I never use sword #3 outside of the most niche possible situations which is usually cleaving downed bodies with earth 3 and fire 3 while primordial stance is up.

2. I agree sword is the only weapon that allows ele to survive at all. Everything else dies to easily. I’m gonna try some staff today probably but my hopes are not high. I think making the sword autos much faster will help power builds feel more viable. Basically the sword needs more damage but also feels slightly clunky with autos so just making it smoother and do more damage at once will feel great. Possibly nerf the survivability slightly to compensate if they choose to buff the damage a good bit.

3. I think you got that about right. Holo scourge and spellbreaker are crazy good and weaver is somewhere below them.

@cursE We have enough condition removal and healing to tank every other condition spec in the game. Scourge is just clearly over tuned atm. I’m pretty sure the bunker build could still tank them despite that.

(edited by Phantaram.4816)

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

@cursE We have enough condition removal and healing to tank every other condition spec in the game. Scourge is just clearly over tuned atm. I’m pretty sure the bunker build could still tank them despite that.

Well ok I’m talking about the second build. Not playing elementalist to be a bunker. If that’s our destiny for the next two years I might not even buy Path Of Fire.

When getting condi bombed you need to cleanse at least four conditions instantly or you’re dead. And I mean on demand, active condition cleanse. Where is that happening in the build? Passive condition cleanse happens all the time during the rotation which means about half of it will be on cooldown when the situation arises where you need it.

in Elementalist

Phantaram.4816

Well ok I’m talking about the second build. Not playing elementalist to be a bunker. If that’s our destiny for the next two years I might not even buy Path Of Fire.

When getting condi bombed you need to cleanse at least four conditions instantly or you’re dead. And I mean on demand, active condition cleanse. Where is that happening in the build? Passive condition cleanse happens all the time during the rotation which means about half of it will be on cooldown when the situation arises where you need it.

This will only happen with scourge and even then you are over exaggerating. And like I said the possibility that scourge gets nerfed is surely 99.99%. It’s that ridiculous. I beat 99% of scourge in 1v1s and often melt them in team fights before they can transfer my large stacks of bleeds and burns. It really is at that point for weaver at the moment. Skill > build/class

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Nice builds – took me a long while to see that the only damage potential for the Weaver right now is through condi – sadly.

Power builds need desperate help on the Weaver – it simply lacks the output. On the survivability side, I think we need better barrier build up.

Just a crazy thought, but wouldn’t it be interesting if the trait gave barrier on attunening to a different element rather then on using Dual Skills?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Played similar build. Biggest thing is lack of mobility. I found people could just run from me if needed.

I tried to do a air>>fire>>earth>>water rotation, but I found that if I broke the rotation I’d be struggling to figure out how to get back into rotation. The 4s between each attunement punishes you if you make the wrong decision.

The sages build you made is definitely the best build out there atm. You are almost better off going vipers at this point IMO.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

I really liked the first “menders” build, it feels like a “bunker build” with far more self survival than the tempest aura build. I like it because tempest -even if more fragile- can dish a ton of more healing to the team making their roles to not overlap (support vs hold-the-point tank). My only concern if it can deal with condi reapers too, but I want to try other classes and wont be able to test it.

The second, sages build just doesn’t click with me. It has far less survivability and the condis arent strong enough to get people down fast or kill them while they run. Something in my experience problematic, because I too felt that the mobility of the sword while decent is still lacking to let you stick to others. I had far better results with a hybrid power/condi build that relies on burning and some bleeding.

in Elementalist

Phantaram.4816

Played similar build. Biggest thing is lack of mobility. I found people could just run from me if needed.

I tried to do a air>>fire>>earth>>water rotation, but I found that if I broke the rotation I’d be struggling to figure out how to get back into rotation. The 4s between each attunement punishes you if you make the wrong decision.

The sages build you made is definitely the best build out there atm. You are almost better off going vipers at this point IMO.

Yep if people want to run from you often they simply can. Luckily for us in this game mode if they choose to run off node that means you win. That makes the sages build most effective at side node fighting such as 1v1s, 2v2s, and skirmishes of the like.

Can’t tell you how much I’d love a power damage based weaver with a ton of super speed. I have a build for it and it’s not that great but boy is it fun. I’ll release that one soon if I feel its good enough.

in Elementalist

cursE.1794

Donald J. Trump made a great suggestion in your video comments. I tried the variations from your build he suggests (particularly taking dagger over focus) and it’s incredibly strong. You get ride the lightning as a gap closer right when you set up your burst, you can lock people down with earth #4 when bursting and it has 3 combo finishers in a fire field. With ether renewal, soothing disruption and cleansing water you also have a ton of condition hate. So basically, sword/dagger brings back the dagger/dagger playstyle, just with a more fixed rotation. Leaving the rotation when you have to and getting back into it will require some time to master.