WTF A-net...

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BartHomer.7512

BartHomer.7512

(This post is mostly orientated to wvw)

Okay i just read the new tuesday patch. what tha kitten

First of all if there is something that needs to be nerf on ele it is the icebow and the celestial d/d bullkitten.

Icebow changes : Good job A-net!

0 changes in celestial d/d opness : Bad joob A-net

If the changes stopped here it wouldnt be so bad…

Nerf on the trait thats gives might on cantrip use from 3 stacks to 0 stacks.

WHAT ? BUT WHYYYY why would u a-net nerf this trait… might on cantrip its not vital but… its was so important for staff ele wvw…

but moving on..

Nerf on the vigor trait cd increased from 5s to 10s. WAIT WHAT

ARE U FREAKING SERIOUS???? OKAY A-NET SO WARRIOR (HEAVY ARMOUR CLASS) can HAVE a single skill THAT gives PERMANENTTTTT vigor but you tough.. hmmm…. lets just nerf ele trait… (keep in mind in order u proc the trait u need to crit.. the warrior signet its just permanent)

Oh and lets talk about thief that class that can have perma vigor easy pizzy and still outrun every enemy and infinite stealth… BUT NOOOOOOOOO LETS NERF ELE

i am completly done with a-net actions about elementalist and i am definetly consider leaving this profession

sorry for beeing so mad but this is just kitten a-net at its highest level

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It looks like each atument line only covers one utility the might on cantrip did not fit any more. Its not more like the passive AoE on the earth line. Perma vigor on ele was a major problem it made it less of a boon to have and more of something ele always has. Now i do hope there more to the update then just though few nerfs i am hoping that now blinding ash is going on a longer icd that the icd become per person not per burn effect making it a much better tool for aoe. I like to also see an aura effect on fire line so far it only has one aura type when it should just simply cover all auras as in making them all last 33% longer and give might when your hit with an aura up.

So think about bring all lines on the same level. So fire is canjaur weapons line (they do need to add more then just fire aura maybe 1 stack of stab per sec when you have a canjar wepon ontop of the +10 charges). Also fire missing interaction with all auras and not just fire.
Air is missing stronger effect with glyph the boon is nice but if it was say aoe i think it would be a lot better.
Earth may need more effects for using a signet like adding vinablitly to signet use.
Water for the most part is good giving cantrip vigor and reg is strong.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

Please note that this was only a preview of the balance updates, on tuesday we will be able to see what else they have buffed and nerfed.

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Can someone link to the patch notes?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/26/gw2-twitchcon-skill-balance-update-preview/

Just a preview no one knows what the full update looks like.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Anet is always a step behind with balance, if they don’t take a step foward and 2 backward instead:

Might on cantrips:
Histrory:
- Has never caused problems before for almost 3 years, nobody was ever complaining about that since even heavy armor classes have plenty of access to might.

- It was merged with the cleansing fire trait because they said that: “No more traits would suck in the new trait system”. Now we have a trait system with less build variety and that trait is un-merged, keeping only its worse half. Talk about incoherence.

In other words: The entire offensive potential of cantrips is lost. Gameplay is dramatically affected by something that should have been done in an other manner.

Intended result of nerf:
Force d/d ele into a pure supportive bunker role.

Result of nerf:
What is more severely impacted: Staff builds, zerker builds, cripple fire line getting definitively worse than the Air and Water lines, less build variety.

This is just one of the nerfs where the consequences will be really negative on the elementalist experience. For all these nerf something just doesn’t work:
- Blind on burning: nobody will ever use it again, wasn’t even really good in the first place.

- Ice bow: wasn’t a balanced nerf, they just completely took it out of the game and made it useless, like engineer turrets.

And the Vigor nerf is even worse. Did Anet even tried to play ele with something else than Metabattle bunker builds?

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Please note that this was only a preview of the balance updates, on tuesday we will be able to see what else they have buffed and nerfed.

Anet’s balance ‘previews’ are pretty much always 99% of the changes.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Elementalist community begs for elly nerfs, elly gets nerfed.

Good job all

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/26/gw2-twitchcon-skill-balance-update-preview/

Just a preview no one knows what the full update looks like.

Ah, gotcha.

In that case, OP, I would recommend unrustling your jimmies until such a time that the actual patch notes come out.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

OKAY A-NET SO WARRIOR (HEAVY ARMOUR CLASS) can HAVE a single skill THAT gives PERMANENTTTTT vigor

Which skill is this? Enquiring warriors want to know!

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: vox.9027

vox.9027

Warhorn 5 cooldown traited.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Choppy.4183

Still doesn’t get you there. Traited, it’s 5/8 vigor… you also tend to save that skill as a blast finisher rather than keeping it on CD to max vigor.

Also, if it works like the WH 4 skill, you don’t get the full duration of the buff.

Anyway, didn’t mean to derail. Was only wondering if there was a warrior fun button I wasn’t aware of.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming….

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

You should calm the eff down we dont know that that warrior signet is not going to change. They said vigor was being adjusted across the board also…. You will still have vigor on cantrip use just not the mgiht >.>
Stop crying…. god….

Its not like warrior has teleport skills or something like eles do, or access to 20 skills at any time they want.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You should calm the eff down we dont know that that warrior signet is not going to change. They said vigor was being adjusted across the board also…. You will still have vigor on cantrip use just not the mgiht >.>
Stop crying…. god….

Its not like warrior has teleport skills or something like eles do, or access to 20 skills at any time they want.

Learn to play ele dude and you’ll see it’s way harder than playing warrior. On my first freaking pvp game playing warrior I won a 1v2. It’s never going to happen to someone playing ele for the first time.

1- Warrior has the highest mobility, when they run away it’s impossible to catch them. You can leap out of immobs and are almost immune to ccs. On top of that they have the highest hp pool, best armor, hit like a brick, and dual endure pain.

2- Ele doesn’t have access to 20 skills “any time they want”. Half the time when you attune to an element only 2-3 skills will be available because if it was used in your previous rotation. Our cooldowns are considerably longer than every other class and if we’re chilled we get double the penalty of the other classes because our attunement swap is also affected. Sometimes you’re chilled and there is just nothing you can do, everything is on cooldown for 2-3 seconds.

3- The vigor on cantrips comes at the cost of a dps modifier while the other one was more freely accessible.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

(This post is mostly orientated to wvw)

Oh and lets talk about thief that class that can have perma vigor easy pizzy and still outrun every enemy and infinite stealth… BUT NOOOOOOOOO LETS NERF ELE

What trait gives thief perma vigor? Are you referring to the combination of Bountiful theft, Slight of Hand, and 2 successful evasions with Feline Grace?

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Nike warrior were nerfed when the changed how swiftness affected movement skill. Right now if a warrior want that mobility back he as pretty much to spec for it.

Heiann – NSP

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Learn to play ele dude and you’ll see it’s way harder than playing warrior. On my first freaking pvp game playing warrior I won a 1v2. It’s never going to happen to someone playing ele for the first time.

I only play ele in pvp when there isn’t a warrior daily, but winning 1v2’s on cele d/d ele is a lot easier than on berserker warrior.
Ele has so many heals and sustain that you can just slowly damage others while barely losing health yourself, while on war you have a lot less passive heals and purely rely on killing enemies fast so they don’t kill you

Cele d/d as it is now has a super low skill cap, and you can basically stay alive by having a macro spam 12345, I wish anet would give a huge nerf to the passive healing, in exchange for more damage

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

- In WvW if you get the might by using cantrips instead of blasting the 2 fire fields with your friends… you will be dead really fast if focus fired or area bombed

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

- In WvW if you get the might by using cantrips instead of blasting the 2 fire fields with your friends… you will be dead really fast if focus fired or area bombed

Oh yes I forgot wvw was only scrims and gvgs when you can buff before … their’s also some ele that use blink in aggressive ways sometimes or during meteor cast time … and yes might is really appreciate at that time .

Now if you play cele staff ele as a kitten … good job

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BartHomer.7512

BartHomer.7512

i apologize to community for this post! i was really mad when they made this changes and i just blew off. i guess it can happen to everyone.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

OKAY A-NET SO WARRIOR (HEAVY ARMOUR CLASS) can HAVE a single skill THAT gives PERMANENTTTTT vigor

Which skill is this? Enquiring warriors want to know!

Signet of Stamina. Its passive is 50% faster endurance regen, the same as having 100% vigor uptime. Of course, the active is a full condi clear on yourself. But then you’re out of vigor for 45 seconds (36 traited). Warriors have enough access to condi cleanse that the active isn’t needed, so it’s safe to just keep it on your bar for the endurance regen. But… You do lose out on a utility slot that could be used for a banner, shouts, clutch CC, or buffing stances that have a more dramatic effect on the course of battle.

WTF A-net...

in Elementalist

Choppy.4183

Signet of Stamina. Its passive is 50% faster endurance regen, the same as having 100% vigor uptime. Of course, the active is a full condi clear on yourself. But then you’re out of vigor for 45 seconds (36 traited). Warriors have enough access to condi cleanse that the active isn’t needed, so it’s safe to just keep it on your bar for the endurance regen. But… You do lose out on a utility slot that could be used for a banner, shouts, clutch CC, or buffing stances that have a more dramatic effect on the course of battle.

Right! I’d forgotten about the Stamina signet! Thanks for the reply.