Wanting a definitive answer!

in Elementalist

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

I’m wanting a definitive answer to what type of gear I should be running as a 0/10/0/30/30 staff ele in WvW. I’m looking for a pure zerg build, not interested in doing any solo/roaming on this toon.

Right now I have him decked out in PVT yellows, but am wanting to know what kind of gear I should get before I invest in exotic/ascended gear. I hear some people run full PVT, some go celestial, some go knights with zerker trinkets….which one is the best?!?!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

There is no “best" gear for Ele. It depends on your playstyle, build and role you want to run. The best guideline is your own personal experience you acquiere through the game. If you want shortcuts at least provide more detail on what do you want to do in a Zerg. Dps? Support? Tank? Hybrid?That way other players can help you further.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I like more damage oriented staff builds. Try 20 30 0 0 20. Go soldiers armor with zerker trinkets. That would put you at like 2200 power 60% damage and probably close to 30 % crit chance from that alone.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

I like more damage oriented staff builds. Try 20 30 0 0 20. Go soldiers armor with zerker trinkets. That would put you at like 2200 power 60% damage and probably close to 30 % crit chance from that alone.

This was what I was leaning towards gear-wise. I love the fields and the support from staff ele, but I hit like a little kid it seems running the build I am. The zerker trinkets should give me some good kick though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

PTV

Most of the time you’re just there for water fields and crowd control, so survivability is paramount.
The only time people are really going to want you for damage is for using Meteor Shower on siege weapons that are otherwise out of reach, in which case Power is all that matters.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The only time people are really going to want you for damage is for using Meteor Shower on siege weapons that are otherwise out of reach, in which case Power is all that matters.

What people want or percieve is not the same as what you ‘can’. When the zergs clash, a well placed meteor shower can help tip the balance in your favor and that’s where critical hits will come into play.

However, I do agree that if you use mostly Soldier’s (PVT), you’ll be fine in WvW.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.