Warhorn skills are awfully slow.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I’m going to make a larger post running down the list of movement unfriendly skills across professions that are not good for combat encounters requiring movement… Ya, know, like the way combat was designed in most parts of the game? Yes, so warhorn skills? Why?

I ran through wvw for a short time getting the dust off my ele, again, and wow, I’m sincerely surprised that the skills on this elite weapon passed inspection… Warhorn skills are soooooooooooo slooooooooow and do not match the freedom of movement combat design this game was built on…

How are players supposed to support their team with these skills while zipping around? They can’t.

We really want to hit stuff in front and around us, not leave whatever effect in the dust behind, so can we please speed these skills up like 10x faster? Can we have effects project in front and around better? Please?

Edit- These skills are even worse than a bunch of other ele skills. It’s really not good. It doesn’t feel good. It’s not fun….

I have a really super awesome great idea! Speed up skills (on lots of weapons across professions) and reduce damage in exchange for having sped up skills, but please speed up skills!

Thank you!

Edit 2- Oh, and the “flatus being expelled” sound… Transmuted into Howler thinking it may have been the horn I was using… nope.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

+1

Especially Tidal Surge and Dust Storm. You can back-pedal away from those skills, it’s terrible.

Cyclone could be a little faster.

Wildfire could spread out faster.

Lightning Orb really should have a 1/4 second cast time.

Conversely, I feel like Water Globe could move just a tad slower, to allow for more Blast finishers.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Would Cyclone be OP if it had the same speed as Dust Devil?

Would Wildfire and its huge AoE be OP if it was instant like other fire fields?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m going to make a larger post running down the list of movement unfriendly skills across professions that are not good for combat encounters requiring movement… Ya, know, like the way combat was designed in most parts of the game? Yes, so warhorn skills? Why?

I ran through wvw for a short time getting the dust off my ele, again, and wow, I’m sincerely surprised that the skills on this elite weapon passed inspection… Warhorn skills are soooooooooooo slooooooooow and do not match the freedom of movement combat design this game was built on…

How are players supposed to support their team with these skills while zipping around? They can’t.

We really want to hit stuff in front and around us, not leave whatever effect in the dust behind, so can we please speed these skills up like 10x faster? Can we have effects project in front and around better? Please?

Edit- These skills are even worse than a bunch of other ele skills. It’s really not good. It doesn’t feel good. It’s not fun….

I have a really super awesome great idea! Speed up skills (on lots of weapons across professions) and reduce damage in exchange for having sped up skills, but please speed up skills!

Thank you!

Edit 2- Oh, and the “flatus being expelled” sound… Transmuted into Howler thinking it may have been the horn I was using… nope.

I told Karl during the beta testing that the Warhorn animation speed for the skills were actually slower than the player moving. To tell the truth however, even if they were faster I wouldn’t equip one. Also they don’t care, it will soon be a year and they will have another expansion to sell.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Warhorn is generally regarded as bad, not sure there are many people even using it.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

Would Cyclone be OP if it had the same speed as Dust Devil?

Would Wildfire and its huge AoE be OP if it was instant like other fire fields?

No to either question IMO.

Cyclone could additionally use wider AoE (pull foes from a wider cone in front of it.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Some of them are pretty slow, but if you time them right, you can be very effective in fights. I think anyone who thinks warhorn is bad doesn’t know how to use it. It is very strong.

My aspect of Warhorn is from WvW roaming and PvP (pre condi meta.)

Things a lot of people don’t seem to realize about warhorn:

Air 4, aoe knock down.
Air 5, every time it hits someone, its does damage and stacks vuln, so if you were to hit air 4 and knock them down then cast it right in front of them, they generally end up having 15+ stacks of vuln and took a ton of damage from the orb slowly moving through them.

Fire 4 gives a little might and copies your might onto your allies, super useful if you have a rev around you to keep them having 25 stacks of might.
Fire 5 is a big fire field that sticks around for awhile for blasting if you wish. The burning on it is decent, I think the skill could use a damage buff personally.

Water 4, its a slow knock back, but it is a knock back that if you aim and time it well, will give you a nice advantage.
Water 5 is a moving water field, so you don’t need to stand still to use it. I usually use it and follow it by water 3 on dagger to blast it and chill my enemies.

Earth 4 is magnetic aura, really nice to have against LB guardians, LB rangers, classic necro shroud and necro lich form. It will just reflect their damage and if you traited well, using the aura will also clear a condition and give you regen and vigor.
Earth 5 is a large area blind and bleed that lasts a pretty long time.

I’ve been playing dagger/warhorn ele in WvW and PvP since about 2 weeks after HoT launch up until this last patch thanks to the air over load nurf royally nurfing ele out of viability for me. I have several videos of the game play on my website http://asphyxia.tv if you’d like to see the game play.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

snip

I totally agree with you that Warhorn has potential, especially because it’s so underestimated. It lets you do quite a bit in terms of offensive and defensive support.

I just need skills like Air 4, Water 4 an Earth 5 to not be useless against targets with normal mobility.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Well, people’s main gripe with Warhorn is that it offers worse self sustain/mitigation than offhand dagger and focus aside from being clunky. I don’t see it working at all for non bunker builds in terms of PvP/WvW.

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

Well, people’s main gripe with Warhorn is that it offers worse self sustain/mitigation than offhand dagger and focus aside from being clunky. I don’t see it working at all for non bunker builds in terms of PvP/WvW.

Focus I can understand kind of since it offers a big condi clear in earth as well as an invulnerability. The rest of the attunements with focus offhand are pretty mediocre though. Warhorn earth gives you magnetic aura which is nice for self sustain since it reflects projectiles and if traited right, you also clear a condition, gain regeneration and vigor from it too – those help self sustain quite a bit, earth 5 on warhorn is also a big blind which is nice for sustain.. Overall, outside of earth, focus isn’t really that great lol.

Offhand dagger though? I disagree completely that it offers worse self sustain than that. You get water 5 offhand dagger that helps your self sustain, it isn’t any better than warhorn water 5 really and it has the frost aura on water 4, which is great – but I think a knock back on warhorn water 4 is pretty great too. Dagger offhand is nice for its ride the lightning and frost aura on air 4 for sustain, but it is not as good as warhorn for sustain.

The CC that warhorn offers gives you better self sustain than any of the other offhand choices, I think warhorn is misunderstood by people who do not play it frequently enough to understand it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would imideatley pick WH over focus if i can have my magnetic wave on it ^^.
The instant 3 condi clear + reflect is a to be or not to be thing … I don´t care obsidian flesh much despite it´s super strong for stomps … I don´t trait water and i don´t want to so i lack condi clear without focus.

in Elementalist

XTR.9604

The instant 3 condi clear + reflect is a to be or not to be thing … I don´t care obsidian flesh much despite it´s super strong for stomps … I don´t trait water and i don´t want to so i lack condi clear without focus.

Not traiting water takes so much of your defensive ability away on ele. You’d clear a condition every time you applied an aura because the aura would give you regeneration if you took that trait in Tempest line. Making traits like that work in tandem is what makes Ele very strong when traited well. If you aren’t taking advantage of that defensive ability, you’re not getting one of the best things the class has to offer in my opinion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Earth 5 takes to long to cast, the 3 fields appear at different times in a line, is just not good enough and yes, all WH skills are extremely slow

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Not traiting water takes so much of your defensive ability away on ele. You’d clear a condition every time you applied an aura because the aura would give you regeneration if you took that trait in Tempest line. Making traits like that work in tandem is what makes Ele very strong when traited well. If you aren’t taking advantage of that defensive ability, you’re not getting one of the best things the class has to offer in my opinion.

I know that. I am not a beginner ele :-). In PvP i regulary play sage amulet traitign water for cleasing if i see condi classes on the oposing side …. But i don´t like to be forced into water ;-)