Wash The Pain Away range?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Does anyone know the exact range on this? When I tried it, it felt like it was almost melee range despite the fact that all other shouts have 600 range. It made it feel rather clunky for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

It currently has three pulses and heals for smaller amounts each pulse (skill facts will be visible next beta). Radius is 180, 240, 360. It’s a bit unique in that it heals all allies for the full amount, so long as they receive all three heals (the ele always receives all three).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

It currently has three pulses and heals for smaller amounts each pulse (skill facts will be visible next beta). Radius is 180, 240, 360. It’s a bit unique in that it heals all allies for the full amount, so long as they receive all three heals (the ele always receives all three).

While a cool concept, it’s probably a good idea to have a certain amount of uniformity amongst skills sharing the ‘shout’ tag. Would you consider 200/400/600 as most beneficial shouts have a 600 radius?

Also, if you have full Runes of the Trooper equipped, does each pulse clear a condition? Only the first pulse (allies would have to be right on top of you to benefit)? Only the last pulse (pretty big delay on self-cleansing…)?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Karl, are you considering centering Water Globe water field on the tempest?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I would also like to know this!

Also as a side question – Karl do you know who is working on Druid? Rangers are getting reeeeaaal depressed right now

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

This definitely needs to happen.

[KING] Alpha Cas

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Ooh, an answer straight from a dev. Time to update the wiki, thanks. :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystletainn.6285

Mystletainn.6285

Doesn’t “Receive the Light” pretty much heal allies for the same amount? Why can that heal allies for 6000 base and scale 1:1 off healing power if “Wash the Pain Away” has 3560 base and scales 3:10 off healing power? Or is that a tooltip error only showing the initial heal and even then why is it not 1:1? Healing Guardian seems to provide everything that Tempest does but better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

While a cool concept, it’s probably a good idea to have a certain amount of uniformity amongst skills sharing the ‘shout’ tag. Would you consider 200/400/600 as most beneficial shouts have a 600 radius?

Agrèe. Why not make WTPA a consistent 600 range like all the other shouts and downscale the healing based on lineal distance from the Ele?

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

600 instant cast shout without pulse :-). Keep it simple . Well instant healin might be to powerful but would be nice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

600 instant cast shout without pulse :-). Keep it simple . Well instant healin might be to powerful but would be nice.

I am not sure if there are even any instant heals in the game at lest the ones whom are about healing alone and not about say evading (thf the only class with a 0 cast time heal i think and its more about other effects then just the heal).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

Honestly I feel that the range is lacking. Especially the 180 is too close, so you can safely say you’ll rarely to never fully heal your allies. I understand the reasons, but it doesn’t make sense to make it almost impossible either for a full heal on an ally.

600 range would be nice but it could also be a little overkill? either way, you only heal a max of 5 persons so I don’t see anything wrong with 600 range.

I would suggest 300 / 450 / 600 ranges for the pulsed heal. In my opinion I find that balanced, those standing at over 450 range only get 1 pulse and to get a bit more healing from it, you’ll need to stand rather close to the ele using the healing skill. It gives a possible max heal without making it too difficult to get.

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

The greater the range, the less it would heal, 600 range is too good.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer