Way to get the perm swiftness without Glyph of EH?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

Just wondering is there is a way to do this with one of the other healing skills, and without needing Staff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

If you are running D/D then take the ten point air trait Zephyrs boon and spam auras.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Using Dagger/Dagger, you combo Air Trait 1 (Zephyr’s Boon) with Water 4 and Air 3. Each one will give you 12 seconds of Swiftness (assuming you have 30 points in Arcana.)

You can also use 2 each of Superior Rune of Water, Superior Rune of the Monk, and Major Rune of Water or Monk for an additional 45% boon duration.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There are various combos out there, the staff can even do it without the glyph if I’m not mistaken. Arcane Wave + Static Field and then the aoe speed boost come to mind.

The air elemental’s also got a speed boost but I’ll admit it’s not very reliable.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

Using Dagger/Dagger, you combo Air Trait 1 (Zephyr’s Boon) with Water 4 and Air 3. Each one will give you 12 seconds of Swiftness (assuming you have 30 points in Arcana.)

You can also use 2 each of Superior Rune of Water, Superior Rune of the Monk, and Major Rune of Water or Monk for an additional 45% boon duration.

You’re forgetting Updraft.

The total boon duration from that combination is 40%, not 45%.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fenghoang.3804

Fenghoang.3804

You can use Boon Duration runes (2x Superior Water & Monk + 2 Major Water or Monk), 30 pts in Arcane Tree (with Elemental Attunement trait), and 10 pts in Lightning Tree (for Zephyr’s Boon). Each time you swap to Lightning, you get 8s of Swiftness by itself (you can attune every 9s with 30 pts in Arcane). Top that off with Shocking Aura (17s of Swiftness) and you’re easily perma-swifted. You can throw in Frost Aura (8s of Swiftness) too if you want, though it’s not really necessary.

Or you can just use Rune of the Centaur. It provides 10s base swiftness on heal that is effected by all Boon Duration buffs, as well as the +20% swiftness duration boost from its 4 pc set bonus.

I personally never use Updraft just to maintain my swiftness while roaming. It slows you down, since you evade backwards, and you could really use it for part of your spell combo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Angel.1435

Angel.1435

@Fenghoang – Just rotate your camera 180 degrees quickly and pop it and you will jump forward instead. It’s handy when using it as you’re coming out of RTL, rotate the camera while travelling and then pop it when RTL is ending. but it’s not needed when using Zephyr’s Boon

in Elementalist

Fenghoang.3804

@Fenghoang – Just rotate your camera 180 degrees quickly and pop it and you will jump forward instead. It’s handy when using it as you’re coming out of RTL, rotate the camera while travelling and then pop it when RTL is ending. but it’s not needed when using Zephyr’s Boon

That requires too much effort for me… XD

Hey when I’m trying to get from A to B, I like putting in the least effort as possible… Besides, like i said, I think Updraft is pretty important part in your spell combo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Intigo.1653

Intigo.1653

You can use Boon Duration runes (2x Superior Water & Monk + 2 Major Water or Monk), 30 pts in Arcane Tree (with Elemental Attunement trait), and 10 pts in Lightning Tree (for Zephyr’s Boon). Each time you swap to Lightning, you get 8s of Swiftness by itself (you can attune every 9s with 30 pts in Arcane). Top that off with Shocking Aura (17s of Swiftness) and you’re easily perma-swifted. You can throw in Frost Aura (8s of Swiftness) too if you want, though it’s not really necessary.

Or you can just use Rune of the Centaur. It provides 10s base swiftness on heal that is effected by all Boon Duration buffs, as well as the +20% swiftness duration boost from its 4 pc set bonus.

I personally never use Updraft just to maintain my swiftness while roaming. It slows you down, since you evade backwards, and you could really use it for part of your spell combo.

About Face in Keybinds.

80 Asura Elementalist – [Red Guard]
http://www.youtube.com/user/IntigoGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zephyr's_Boon

Keeping it all in the community the only arua that give you 12 seconds is Shocking the rest are 6.5 (when traited of course).

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seed.3857

Seed.3857

One with Air trait.

Done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

just target any hostile behind you while casting Updraft – you roll forward.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

If you are running D/D then take the ten point air trait Zephyrs boon and spam auras.

this == 100% swiftness uptime with 30 arcane.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: EatThisShoe.5136

EatThisShoe.5136

Using staff or Lightning Hammer you can drop a ton of blast finishers in Static Field for 10s of swiftness per blast. With S/D + Arcane Wave + Lightning Hammer I was getting 4 blasts. You do have to stop for a second to cast in the field, but I regularly get a minute of swiftness with my 45% boon duration PvE set when you throw in Elemental attunement and Updraft.

in Elementalist

Fenghoang.3804

That requires too much effort for me… XD

^this basically sums up the Ele class very nicely (in every aspect, not just maintaining some crappy swiftness buff that half the other classes can do with 1 or 2 key strokes every 30-60 seconds).

Well… that may be true in a lot of cases, but Elementalists easily have the MOST options for permaswiftness, and most of them are quite easy to maintain, too. Just look at all of the options provided in this thread. Some of other classes can’t even maintain permaswiftness without the Rune of the Centaur (hell some can’t even with it…). Others have to spec for it or forced to use a certain weapon set.

And I still standby what i said about using Updraft… but you guys are right, it is a viable option. I just prefer to save it for my combo. That and when I’m trying to cover a ton of distance, i just like to relax and use autorun and a few key taps to maintain swiftness. Fights are already a finger twister game, so i like the relaxing downtime when I’m just trying to get from A to B.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

General traveling:

Dagger/Dagger

10 in air, 20+ points in arcane.

Enter air attune (swiftness), aura (more swiftness), ride the lightning, switch to water.

Frost aura (swiftness), wait for air attune to come up.

Switch to air (swiftness), either wait a few moments and ride the lightning, or switch to another attune.

Switch back to air (swiftness), aura (more swiftness) etc. Make the switch back to water every couple loops to reuse frost aura (swiftness).

There will be some holes in swiftness if you wait a few moments for ride the lightning to come up sometimes, but overall you’ll get places faster. With 30 arcane and boon duration runes, you can keep perma swiftness even while using ride the lightning. If you can get used to using “about face” so when you use updraft (swiftness) you’ll roll in the direction you’re running, you can do the whole thing cleanly with 100% swiftness and still using ride the lightning very easily. Whether you feel that’s worth bothering with is up to you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

runes of the centaur.
10 points to arcane 5 for elemental attunement
reduced signet CD.
signet of restoration.
20 sec run buff every 20 sec.

still not as good as
glyph of EH.
runes of the centaur
air 8 inscription.
arcane 5 elemental attunement
40 secs of base run buff. 20 for the group.
perma + with one button pressed.

yeah dont forget lightning hammer plus combos.
thats not perma but you can get a long group runbuff that way. at least i dont think there are limits on it… maybe there are… i dont use that much.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)