Weapon swap attunements [suggestion]

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

After playing the weaver for quite some time i noticed it’s actually not that bad as i thought at first when i saw the low damage and survivability but after learning how to use the skills and getting the rotation right it turns out to be quite fun to play. That being said i also noticed it could flow a bit better since this current system feels a bit clunky and slow.

Unravel: This could be implemented as an f5 upkeep skill that can turn your dual attacks on or off when you use it to make other weapons than sword useful.
Currently, dual attack skills on every other weapon are worse than the original except for the sword.

Edit. This option could also be a choice outside of combat to enable and disable dual attacks.

Weapon swap: Switch main hand and offhand attunements. First swap without attunement cd between your current attunement to help to get the access to defensive offhand skills and swaps after that with cd. (fire/air to air/fire for example).

Sword: Damage has to scale a bit better with power. Currently, the skills are kinda low damage compared to other classes.

These changes (especially the swap) would also help the new weaver players to get used to the class since it’s really confusing at first.

(edited by The Ace.9105)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

After playing the weaver for quite some time i noticed it’s actually not that bad as i thought at first when i saw the low damage and survivability but after learning how to use the skills and getting the rotation right it turns out to be quite fun to play. That being said i also noticed it could flow a bit better since this current system feels a bit clunky and slow.

Unravel: This could be implemented as an f5 upkeep skill that can turn your dual attacks on or off when you use it to make other weapons than sword useful.
Currently, dual attack skills on every other weapon are worse than the original except for the sword.

Weapon swap: Switch main hand and offhand attunements. First swap without cd to help to get the access to defensive offhand skills and swaps after that with cd.

Sword: Damage has to scale a bit better with power. Currently, the skills are kinda low damage compared to other classes.

These changes (especially the swap) would also help the new weaver players to get used to the class since it’s really confusing at first.

I like the weapon swap idea. My issue with an F5 is that it ends up turning Weaver into another elite spec that adds so much more than base ele, instead of just changing how it’s played. Some careful design should be enough to help make the double attuning and 4-5 skills more accessible. If they can design a good, but not OP mechanic to be used with the weapon swap button, I would be all for that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

Weapon swap: Switch main hand and offhand attunements. First swap without cd to help to get the access to defensive offhand skills and swaps after that with cd.

I like the weapon swap idea. My issue with an F5 is that it ends up turning Weaver into another elite spec that adds so much more than base ele, instead of just changing how it’s played. Some careful design should be enough to help make the double attuning and 4-5 skills more accessible. If they can design a good, but not OP mechanic to be used with the weapon swap button, I would be all for that.

when looking at necromancer i must say i am very jelly compared to the power “gain” ele got.
seems like something in the style of necro would have been amazing. instead we got this, which seems rushed and unpolished for staff at least (which is what i tested extensively) :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Your weapon swap flipping your attunement is a great idea and it would allow you to go from fire/earth to fire/water instead of going to earth/water when moving to water or any other combo making the whole weaving that much more flexible

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Elemental swapping already exists. See my post on attunement management. Unless you’re talking about using the weapon swap cooldown for it, separate from the attunement cooldown. Which…could be cool.

in Elementalist

The Ace.9105

Elemental swapping already exists. See my post on attunement management. Unless you’re talking about using the weapon swap cooldown for it, separate from the attunement cooldown. Which…could be cool.

What i mean with that change is that anet would enable the option to change between your main hand and offhand attunement so that when i have fire main and air offhand it would swap it to air main hand and fire offhand without cooldown the first time you swap to different attunements.

(for example i am getting pressured and i want to get focus skill 5 so i swap to earth and then weapon swap to swap the main hand and offhand attunements and get focus 5.)

Attunement swapping exists yeah but the weapon swap change would make the system significantly easier to use with the dual swap.

Atm, it can be really confusing and hard in combat to memorize all the rotations and swaps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Yeah you’re talking about a SEPARATE cooldown weapon swap for swapping attunements. Like I said. Could be cool, and WOULD make finding those panic weapon abilities much easier.

Its notable that normally an ele is only 2 seconds away from its panic abilities, while the weaver is minimum 4 and maximum 8 seconds, which is a HUGE difference. A “weapon swap” would definitely bring that down to minimum 0 (just needed to swap) and maximum 4 (needed to attune then swap). A less APM intensive way to fix it would be buffing the weaver-specific survival skills in some way, but weaver does seem to be all about dem APMs.

Do check out that post on attunement management on the weaver. I was REALLY confused until I figured out how to read the attunement bar correctly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

I really like your “weapon swap” concept. I think that would be a nice utility skill.

However, I am not a fan of making Unravel baseline, because I feel Weaver should feel different from elementalist.

(edited by voidvector.2780)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Like the idea of Unravel as an F5 ability, but – crazy thought – what if:

- Weaver loses the baseline ability to single attune to an element (you always must jump from one and the other keeping your weapon skill bar a constant mix);
- Global CD is reduced to 2s-2,5s;
- Unravel somewhat incorporates the elements of rage trait (which would be scrapped) by causing you to single attune (but temporarily locking you out of attune swap);
- When using Unravel the cooldown on all your weapon skills is refreshed and you gain a boon based on the attune you are single attuning to.

Think that would be a fun idea.

in Elementalist

The Ace.9105

I really like your “weapon swap” concept. I think that would be a nice utility skill.

However, I am not a fan of making Unravel baseline, because I feel Weaver should feel different from elementalist.

Dual attacks are fine on sword.

The idea of unravel being a button that disable dual attacks (maybe outside of combat you could make the decision to use or ignore dual attacks) is to buff core weapons since all the dual attacks are worse than the normal skills. The dual mechanic for core weapons however is fine.

(edited by The Ace.9105)