Weapons eles should be able to use!

in Elementalist

Posted by: True Windigo.1704

True Windigo.1704

I’m sure there are many ideas people have. I came out of GW1 so to me most of the weapon choices and skills are a little lame imo. but I’ll start by saying……

Someone said hmmm in GW1 Ele/Sin was a solid class combo. Lets give eles daggers in GW2, but allllllllll the other weapons we will make a conjure weapon skill.

I can summon a Bow, but my class can’t use one
I can summon a Hammer, but my class can’t use one
I can summon a Firey Great sword, but my class can’t use one
I can summon a crappy Shield, but my class can’t use one (btw shield really sux imo)

We call that self defeating in the world of LOGIC LOL

So with that, PISTOLS!! WHY CAN’T I USE PISTOLS AS AN ELE!?!?!?

Next to daggers that would be a awesome yet OBVIOUS choice for a weapon a ele could use. All the nice cool elemental based shots pistols could do would be great. I mean come on! A theft, which is suppose to be a stealth character can use them but a ele can’t?

Any who that is my rant. How does everyone else like or dislike the idea of eles using pistols?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kira.4019

Kira.4019

I’d think that at the very least being able to use one handed swords as an Elementalist would make sense.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OliT.7945

OliT.7945

Yes, I want to be able to use a RPG too!

(/sarcasm)

Tomadar/Tomagar
Elementalist for Repel Time [ETA]
Always happy to accept gold donations.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

A focus.

But on a serious note, swords and torches are the most obvious. We’re the most fire-centric of all the professions, but we can’t use a torch? And I’d be so, so happy if I could wield the legendary Rodgort torch along with my HoM Fiery Dragon Sword as an elementalist throwing fire blasts in every direction.

I also think a rifle might make an interesting elementalist weapon. Use it like a normal rifle firing elemental shots, but also like a staff when we’re conjuring larger scale AoE spells. After all, what else is a rifle if not a staff that shoots hot lead out of one end?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’d think that at the very least being able to use one handed swords as an Elementalist would make sense.

Well, they call me Slasher, so I would love a sword. Would be cool to have a “Shared Attack”
A “Shared Attack” would be a move that takes the same slot in each element. Each element does something different on the follow up but is generally the same on the opener.
For example: If I start in fire and use 3, it will throw my sword and embed on a successful hit. If I then switch to water, water 3 will be the part 2, the retrieve. Thus share attack.

In the next example the “Shared Attack” will be on skill 3.

Fire:
3:
Part1: Flaming Sword Throw: Throw your sword at your foe, the sword is embedded in the foe for 15 seconds, doing damage and burning your foe.

Part2: Molten Sword: (Condition: Sword is embedded in a foe) Spew Molten Lava at your embedded weapon, if it hits the sword explodes (blast finisher) and does high damage to the foe and surrounding enemies. The weapon is melted in the process, you summon forth a molten version of that weapon that inflicts 1 second of burning when you attack for the next 3 seconds before returning to a normal weapon

Air:
3:
Part1: Aerial Sword Throw: Throw your sword at your foe inflicting vulnerability if it hits. The sword is embedded on hit for 15 seconds.

Part2: Flash of the Swordless: Teleport to your embedded weapon, stunning the foe it is embedded in. Retrieve your sword

Water:
3:
Part1: Sword of Dywana: Throw your sword at an ally or foe. The sword will embed into a foe, or will return if it hits an ally or misses (not from blind, from no target). This ability will work similar to phoenix when targeting an ally, the ally will be healed and you will be healed when it returns. If hitting a foe the foe will be chilled and chilled for 1 second every 3 seconds the sword is embedded.

Part2: Hand of Dywana: Send forth a watery hand to retrieve your sword, the sword will heal you when it returns, heal allies in its path and apply regen to nearby allies (around the caster).

Earth:
3:
Part1: Flight of Excalibur: Encase your sword in stone and throw it at your foe. The stone explodes on contact (blast finisher) and deals damage, as well as bleeding over time for as long as the sword remains imbedded.

Part2: Path of the Quake: Shake the earth between you and your foe, removing the embedded sword, immobilising your foe and retrieving your sword.

If at any point the Sword Part 1 misses, then part 1 will remain the active skill. If part 2 misses then the sword will remain embedded.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Frost Bow: needs range increase to 1500 and 50% dmg increase on first and last skill.
Magnetic shield: needs a 200% dmg increase
Fiery sword: need to be a real weapon, no time limit.
Hammer: needs a 100% dmg increase

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Frost Bow: needs range increase to 1500 and 50% dmg increase on first and last skill.
Magnetic shield: needs a 200% dmg increase
Fiery sword: need to be a real weapon, no time limit.
Hammer: needs a 100% dmg increase

I don’t know about a 100% hammer increase, the auto attacks can hit for 3-5k.

The magnetic shield need to be instant cast and stun break.

Most of the conjures would be good if they were instant cast. Getting interrupted while casting the conjure then finally getting it out and then getting interrupted again with it out is annoying.

in Elementalist

True Windigo.1704

Hammer is one of the best imo. Blind every 3rd hit is awesome. I have a build that is knight set armor. Stay in water with glif of restoration with hammer out and you get regin from water plus some HP gain with every hit!

But imo pistols should be on that list.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Well, they call me Slasher, so I would love a sword. Would be cool to have a “Shared Attack”
A “Shared Attack” would be a move that takes the same slot in each element. Each element does something different on the follow up but is generally the same on the opener.

I really like this idea. It would provide a bit of variability between attunements, without having to make new skills for each. I also like how most of your suggestions are very single-target focused. I would really like if we were given swords for movement+single target. Even better is if swords were a mix of melee and range (in diff attunements) so we could actually have a mixed set.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

I really like this idea. It would provide a bit of variability between attunements, without having to make new skills for each. I also like how most of your suggestions are very single-target focused. I would really like if we were given swords for movement+single target. Even better is if swords were a mix of melee and range (in diff attunements) so we could actually have a mixed set.

Indeed, it would be good to also see some now play styles, other then; get in their face and press buttons then run away, or stay at ranged and press buttons.

Actively engaging the player in the fights would be pretty cool. The proposed system I had above (“Shared Attacks”) would put the players thinking cap on. Some of the finisher parts (part2s) could be close range and some ranged (e.g. Fire and Earth close range and Water and Air long) where the opposite could be for the embed itself (fire and earth ranged, water and air closer range). It opens even more doors then just that. I do my fire rotation and embed my sword on the way, then I think should I pull it now for a blast finisher or switch to air and get a teleport/stun?. The water one would be, do I use water now as a miss for my heal, or do I need to put more pressure on now and get the dwyana hand heal later.

I was also thinking of something like using the sword as a medium for magic (which it is). Sword offhand 4 (Shared ability):
Fire:
Throw your sword into the ground. Ground target 900 range, lasts 10 seconds. While the sword remains embedded, it draws the power of fire for the caster, Fire, earth and Air skills will hit with burning, water skills will hit weaker. Special characteristic: All of your sword offhand moves are reduced by 25% while the sword remains in the ground.

Air:
While your sword remains embedded it draws the power of earth for the caster. You move 33% faster for the duration and inflict vulnerability with Fire, Air and Water skills, earth skills will hit weaker.

Water:
While your sword remains embedded it draws the power of water for the caster. You gain health whenever you attack in Air, Water or Earth, fire skills hits are weaker.

Earth:
While your sword remains embedded it draws the power of Earth for the caster. Your Fire, Water and Earth skill inflict bleeding, you gain toughness and your Air skills are weaker.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

IMO summoned weapons have worked out poorly…its just a whole bunch of utility skills that aren’t much use. I would prefer more like to every other class has…buffs/escapes/defence/abilities. Its not like there’s a lack of things they could do…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

A spear. Less focused on support, more on ranged single target dps and defenses.

It is boring only having scepter, dagger and focus (to some extent) being viable in SPvP. One more weapon wouldn’t hurt.

in Elementalist

True Windigo.1704

A spear. Less focused on support, more on ranged single target dps and defenses.

It is boring only having scepter, dagger and focus (to some extent) being viable in SPvP. One more weapon wouldn’t hurt.

LIKE PISTOLS RIGHT! LOL

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I think eles should be able to go unarmed. Wield pure magical energy. Instead of having a specific thing the weapon can do, all the attunements do what they’re meant to do in their pure forms and nothing else. Fire is nukes, water is pure support and party buffs, air is crowd control, and earth is survivability.

The balance to this being the lack of being able to use the other attunements abilities at the same time. You cant deal damage while in water, air, or earth. You cant heal while in fire, air, or earth. Etc.