Weaver Attunement suggestion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zarof.4306

Zarof.4306

I only played a bit of the weaver, but one thing I noticed is that it is kinda awkward to switch attunement. In order to switch your second attunement you have to switch to full attunement before switch your primary to something else.

A way to make this a bit better is if you could right click an element in order to change your secondary attunement to that element. Giving the player a bit more control and making it a bit less awkward.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Lost me at anything involving clicking.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dS T nE.6823

dS T nE.6823

Make that right click an F5 mechanic.
Would solve so many problems.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I wish Anet remove the CD in order to switch the main attunement. For example, IF we are on Air switching to Earth, the CD for Earth should be zero (only for Earth) so we can immediately access the main offhand instead of being disabled and have to wait for 5 second CD to switch again. Say forexample in the middle of fight I am on Fire… I need dagger offhand 4 to CC, I have to switch to Earth 5 second before that in order to properly switch to the offhands that I need for CC and that’s 5 second later? I die already probably. :p
this is a bit silly. a bit disabled in this sense.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

4 second CD between attunements, but 1 second to go to full attunement. Example: attune to air, putting all attunements on a 4 second CD, except for air which goes on a 1 second CD. Then change Unravel to something actually not crap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

4 second CD between attunements, but 1 second to go to full attunement. Example: attune to air, putting all attunements on a 4 second CD, except for air which goes on a 1 second CD. Then change Unravel to something actually not crap.

O JEBUS YES I LIKE THAT….even if u have to hit air or earth twice i still think that be wayyyyy better then what it is now and the cr ap unravel

in Elementalist

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

and for people that doesn’t click you do what? xD double the F skills? x)
but yeah the mechanics doesn’t feel nice to play, maybe just a sec less cooldown and as Zintrothen said, making 1 sec cd to go twice in the same attunment! would be better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

I wish Anet remove the CD in order to switch the main attunement. For example, IF we are on Air switching to Earth, the CD for Earth should be zero (only for Earth) so we can immediately access the main offhand instead of being disabled and have to wait for 5 second CD to switch again. Say forexample in the middle of fight I am on Fire… I need dagger offhand 4 to CC, I have to switch to Earth 5 second before that in order to properly switch to the offhands that I need for CC and that’s 5 second later? I die already probably. :p
this is a bit silly. a bit disabled in this sense.

Use unravel problem solved, Your main issue is that weaver is just not for pvp atm, Ele do not have the defensive utility or the hp for full melee confrontation, it would be a phenomenal PvE spec with out a doubt though.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

Use unravel problem solved, Your main issue is that weaver is just not for pvp atm, Ele do not have the defensive utility or the hp for full melee confrontation, it would be a phenomenal PvE spec with out a doubt though.

That’s RIDICULOUS!!
We have to give up an entire utility skill to get to a skill we want to use ?? WHAT??
Ele is already lowest HP and light armor, super squishy class…. Why would we have to give one utility that we can use for defense, to use a skill without waiting 4 seconds for it???

You should be able to double click and get fully into an attunement with no kittening 4 seconds cooldowns fsssss
Maybe add an F5 so when u hold F5 and go into an attunement, it changes your 4-5 skills instead of your 1-2 skills. Make it easier to get to the skills you actually NEED.
Something needs to change.. right now Weaver just feels awkward and clunky asf.

edit: also since eles cant weapon swap, let the weapon wap button swap the elements we’re attuned to right now.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

(edited by Vova.2640)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flaming.4250

Flaming.4250

How about swapping the attunement of skills 4 and 5 on F5 – F8?

in Elementalist

Posted by: whasabee.2370

whasabee.2370

My best suggestion would be to allow elementalist to use " swap weapon" button for weaver, with that swap weapon make the following things:

swap your main hand and oof hand element ( while keeping the same souple of element)

This would resolve the flexibilyty problem that makes the weaver currently absolutly unplayable

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

My personal opinion would be to remove the cool down. Too much of our livability is tied to our 3-5 skills . Prime example in any attunement other then earth with the a ranger coming up to rapid fire. Base/ tempest ele you hit earth then 3. Weaver hit earth wait 4 secs then hit earth again, to get to the same reflect. In return we get what? Lack luster 3 skills?

Let weaver be the high APM class it feels like it trying to be. If anet needs to adjust the cd on our dual skills or its power so be it. But right now the CD on attunements is going to kill this elite spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

As it stands, the two most realistic choices that devs could make without changing too much:
1) Remove GCD entirely. Address possible abuses with internal cooldowns.
2) Remove cooldown for double-attuning into the element in your mainhand, so you can double-tap an element to fully attune to it. Ideally the 2nd attunmement shouldn’t trigger a GCD for the other attunements either.

Any other suggestion involving adding additional mechanics (F5, weapon swap to swap main/offhand) is incredibly unlikely to be make it before launch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

I’d recommend removing the GCD on attunements, and have the last attunement you attuned to be the one that receives a base 4 sec cooldown.

That way you can chain attunements one to the next as is the concept, but to keep it a smooth rotation you have to keep switching to a different attunement. This might actually encourage tactical play and planning ahead, especially when it comes to 4 and 5 defensive skills.

Alternatively, change a Grandmaster trait in each elemental line to be like Fresh Air (Renewing Earth, Incandescent Fire, Vitalizing Water) so that any Elementalist build could access from one to three (no Arcane) instant attunement recharges. Their trigger mechanic could also be something other than a critical hit, Water’s could be cleansing a condition and Earth’s could be applying Protection.

In an ideal world ANet would stop faffing about and simply remove the GCD on attunements entirely, especially considering that the Ele is one of the squishiest professions whose mobility and healing potential has been significantly nerfed since its inception.

in Elementalist

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

Anet please keep the 4 seconds cooldown on attunement. I want to play Weaver like it was meant to be played.

Please ignore all those who argues for reducing of GCD. They only have 1 day of experience & are just n00bs. Internal testers who probably played the class for over a year should be proper master on this.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Anet please keep the 4 seconds cooldown on attunement. I want to play Weaver like it was meant to be played.

Please ignore all those who argues for reducing of GCD. They only have 1 day of experience & are just n00bs. Internal testers who probably played the class for over a year should be proper master on this.

It’s empty statement.

Reasons why it’s very bad idea were described many times already.
If you want may it repeat once more:

4s CD means:

1. off hand weapon skills (usually protection) are not available for fast access -> very bad sustainability
2. slow gameplay, fells like always under stun. Impossible to react properly on situation.
3. attunements buffs expired, impossible to stack
4. worse condy removal on water (impossible to switch fast)
5. improssible to blast from 3-5 skills – because combo fields expires during this CD, much worse self buffs
6. dps, sustain, heal, condy removal – everething weaker than tempest
7. broken fresh air trait because of new attunements logic

as a result slow, clunky, not fun gameplay, out of spvp meta basically

on top of that bad sustainability, average dps, broken shield mechanics

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Just tried some pvp matches with Weaver. I find it completely unplayable.

And since there is no competitive content for PoF there is nothing in there for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

My suggestion would be that Unravel be changed from a utility skill to an F5 “on/off” skill like the holosmith’s Photon Forge. That way we have more control of when we want to be on a single attunement to access much needed defense skills. It might also help to tie the condi cleanse from Unravel Hexes with the use of stances instead of superspeed.

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

You do understand that open Betas like this are usually designed to garner feedback from a much larger sample size right?

If they’ve got 20 people doing playtesting, even if they played for a year that amount of data would be dwarfed by an open beta and the playerbase, especially when you consider that hardcore GW2 players oftentimes trounce the developers in PvP content.

Stop trolling the various feedback thread and let the adults deal with the issues.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luindu.2418

Luindu.2418

On other post i have a wild idea:
What do you think about “reverse swap”? when swap attunement you have that attunement to the offhand.

Pros:
- Better sustain
- Easy access to survival skills (focus don’t be useless)
Cons:
- Mainhand skills before CD for double attunement

Obviusly i agree with reduced attunement CD, and sword skills needs more damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

You do understand that open Betas like this are usually designed to garner feedback from a much larger sample size right?

If they’ve got 20 people doing playtesting, even if they played for a year that amount of data would be dwarfed by an open beta and the playerbase, especially when you consider that hardcore GW2 players oftentimes trounce the developers in PvP content.

Stop trolling the various feedback thread and let the adults deal with the issues.

You do understand there are people like me who have different opinion than you, right?

I have no interesting in trolling. I am just sick of the fact that half of the topics on the forum for my main is about something that is by design.

in Elementalist

Kaleban.9834

You do understand there are people like me who have different opinion than you, right?

I have no interesting in trolling. I am just sick of the fact that half of the topics on the forum for my main is about something that is by design.

You do understand that if 99% of the players disagree with something you like, then the problem is likely you and not them? While that may be argumentum ad populem, it is not fallacious since the point of a game is to satisfy the vast majority, not a vocal minority.

You are aware that ANet ROUTINELY changes design of the game, often from player feedback?

It makes zero sense to want your main class to be hamstrung. This isn’t a subjective opinion by the way, one can look at the design and the numbers and come to an objective conclusion.

The attacks are slow, barrier is weak, and the mechanic is clunky. If you need proof you only need to look at the Fresh Air trait, that was a design change by ANet that sought to work around attunement cooldowns, which coincidentally happens to be what everyone and their dogs are complaining about.

The fact that you respond in every thread saying the rest of us are n00bs and are clueless is the very definition of trolling.