Weaver, no way to deal with condis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

The condi spam will be real, since now everyone spams it on almost every ability.

This is gonna be a bad time.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

If they make that superspeed trait actually clear conditions every time you have superspeed, that would help out a lot!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blue.1207

Blue.1207

Just pick up the water trait line.

Like ^^^ we’ve ^^^ haD ^^^ To^dO^SiNCE^^LauCH^^GoOD^BalAnCe^AnEt

[Maguuma] Since BETA – Just Bri
When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Water arcane weaver will wash out conditions like crazy.
The superspeed traits will help a lot clearing the cover stuff and then you can get the rest cleared with going into water…
going into water every 3 seconds will clear up to 2 condis… plus whatever you get from weapon skills… with weaver elite it gets nearly one condi every sec with constant water swap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conqueror.3682

Conqueror.3682

the thing is, i dont want to rely in an entire traitline to deal with condis.

The weaver Unravel hexes must be fixed and clear all kind of conditions.

Only in death, you find true freedom

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Also, no protection in weapon skills/utilities/traits. So you’d still have to run defensive lines to make the squishiest low dmg melee class work. Again, sacrifice dps for survivability.
Maybe add a trait that increases barrier effectiveness? Twice duration/hp ? Not even sure that would be enough.
Should be fine as is in pve though.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: bOTEB.1573

bOTEB.1573

Yes but ppl sometimes choose 3 trait lines to make their condies stronger. So you are telling me that you don’t wanna spend 1 trait line to counter their 3? OK fair enough – I understand you
It is not like there are builds completely relying on Condi. In a matter of fact, i heard of Condi for the 1st time in my life – this must be a new mechanic that no one uses at all.

(edited by bOTEB.1573)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Yes but ppl sometimes choose 3 trait lines to make their condies stronger.

Very few, if any classes sacrifice much for condies, A lot of times people take one or two trait lines for one trait, then maximize survivability and let gear do the rest.
In this current meta, toughness, condies , the duration, and ease of application are what make builds.
Currently, people have more flexability when building for condies, and a lot less for clearing or dealing with them.

I don’t agree with the notion that Arcane is going to offer more condi cleanse in this expac either, especially since their is going to be much more boon hate, and much more boon denial. Depending on your rotation that cleansing is not going to work against the speed at which conditions are re-applied.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Elementalist

Kahrgan.7401

Very few, if any classes sacrifice much for condies, A lot of times people take one or two trait lines for one trait, then maximize survivability and let gear do the rest.
In this current meta, toughness, condies , the duration, and ease of application are what make builds.
Currently, people have more flexability when building for condies, and a lot less for clearing or dealing with them.

I don’t agree with the notion that Arcane is going to offer more condi cleanse in this expac either, especially since their is going to be much more boon hate, and much more boon denial. Depending on your rotation that cleansing is not going to work against the speed at which conditions are re-applied.

Boon conversion are going to be brought more into the forefront too, which means more condi spam.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Elementalist

Solori.6025

Boon conversion are going to be brought more into the forefront too, which means more condi spam.

I almost forgot about that.
It means regen that an ele uses to clear condies from the water line are basically free conditions.

in Elementalist

Kahrgan.7401

I almost forgot about that.
It means regen that an ele uses to clear condies from the water line are basically free conditions.

It’s like foresight is not a skill required when creating the new elite specs.

in Elementalist

Conqueror.3682

Yes but ppl sometimes choose 3 trait lines to make their condies stronger. So you are telling me that you don’t wanna spend 1 trait line to counter their 3? OK fair enough – I understand you
It is not like there are builds completely relying on Condi. In a matter of fact, i heard of Condi for the 1st time in my life – this must be a new mechanic that no one uses at all.

Then put elementalist with 3 trait lines to make their conditions stronger and go see how you perform.

I dont pretend to countert their builds, i want a build that focuses in damage without being obliterated by tratiline dependance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Change Invigorating Strikes to remove a condition instead of apply vigor.

Change Bolstered Elements to remove a condition per second every time barrier is active.

Only issue with adding condi removal to other traitlines is that water is too affective. Basically instead of choosing either people will choose both and have overpowered cleanse. If you want to see condi removal in other traitlines water’s affectiveness has to be nerfed.

Also, water 2 on sword pulses regen 5 times. Anet needs to stop adding things in that support cleanses from water

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

The superspeed traits will help a lot clearing the cover stuff and then you can get the rest cleared with going into water…
going into water every 3 seconds will clear up to 2 condis… plus whatever you get from weapon skills… with weaver elite it gets nearly one condi every sec with constant water swap.

Because we want to keep being forced into Water. And now we’ll be forced into Water and Arcane? Why should we have to spec for two trait lines just because Anet doesn’t want to fix conditions?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Unravel Hexes + fresh air + one with air? :I Take twist of fate too

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Unravel Hexes + fresh air + one with air? :I Take twist of fate too

Unravel Hexes does not remove damaging conditions making it a underwhelm GM trait. Players tested this in the beta. I thought it was bugged at first but it was working as intended. It only removed movement impairing conditions :P.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: mygamingid.5816

mygamingid.5816

Trait for Burning Fire (Fire 3-X-X) and you’ll have a bunch of condi cleanse. For more, use the Cleansing Flame Utility.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eddbopkins.2630

Eddbopkins.2630

40 seconds for burning fire for a 3 condi clears is a long as time. 40 seconds for cleasing fire is a long as time.
In a fight against a condi mes or condi rev theyll stack way more condis then what buring fire and cleansing fire can handle..
On a side note about these 2 skills is that when you have confusion on you, you will take the confusion damage befor clearing since these 2 skills do burn damage, its a poor condi clear against confusion useres.

(edited by Eddbopkins.2630)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Every 6 to 8 sec doable atument only going to work on water line swap not the reg from arcain and then you have a longish cd of 6 to 8 sec to get the swap clears back. Its not bad clear its just not as strong as you think it is. Any way cleaning is not going to be strong on ele any more convention condis to boons or healing on condi clears is better use for the other teams condi effects.

Weaver needs some type of you cant be condi for x sec or a dmg -% condi dmg. Fitting there short times of barrors to let the weaver get in land there dmg / cc and then get out.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Problem with ele is you rely on boon application to remove condi (regen if traited), or being struck (diamond skin). First is counterable with boon conversion while the other only works for the few first hits.
That’s why i think condi removal on superspeed is a great idea since it can’t be stolen/converted/removed. I wonder why so many traits to remove movement impairing conditions. At least make torment a movement impairing condition. And all the others since you can’t run at full speed when you have a condition on you.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Conqueror.3682

What they must do is fix unravel hexes, to remove all conditions.

God kitten it, the kittening trait says that it remove ALL conditions, it must be fixed! why the kitten we are acting like it must remove non damaging conditions?

in Elementalist

Ulion.5476

I wonder what the weaver runes will do, if it has some kind of condition removal effects or resistance.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I wonder what the weaver runes will do, if it has some kind of condition removal effects or resistance.

Truth be told i hope its a pure dmg rune set that makes weaver burst power dmg high end. Condi clear and resistance is not going to cut it in the coming meta.

in Elementalist

Ulion.5476

Without a good way to sustain against condition it will be hard to fight some of the new elites. The burst specs I have seen(lightning rod and condi specs) showed a good burst. The rune I hope for is gain 1-2s of resistance whenever you apply a barrier or cleanse some conditions whenever you gain a stance. If the weaver rune is a burst type it then I would hope for some kind of weapon swap mechanic like sigil of intelligence.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I been thinking about weaver and barrier and i come to the conclusion that weaver should act like a high shield low def mages class. Where they are much more tankly or dmg -% taken so -% condi dmg taken when they have there barrier up. Maybe even higher dmg when they have barrier but they lose all the buff when there barrier falls off.

That is what i would like to see duration -% and condi dmg -% even phical dmg -% when weaver has barrier up. I would not mind seeing the +7% dmg kicked up to +10% and only work when you have a barrier up not swiftness but with a slower barrier decay rate. I think that would fit weaver as a melee class and keep its mages like effect on it as well give it a strong dps effect.

in Elementalist

Solori.6025

That is what i would like to see duration -% and condi dmg -% even phical dmg -% when weaver has barrier up. I would not mind seeing the +7% dmg kicked up to +10% and only work when you have a barrier up not swiftness but with a slower barrier decay rate. I think that would fit weaver as a melee class and keep its mages like effect on it as well give it a strong dps effect.

I actually like the idea of slower decay on barrier, and they should add that functionality to one of our barrier traits.

I also like the idea of having damage do less and condies have a shorter duration while barrier is up, but that would require you to have barrier up and do enough damage to get through the tank condi meta that we have for some classes.

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

Every 6 to 8 sec doable atument only going to work on water line swap not the reg from arcain and then you have a longish cd of 6 to 8 sec to get the swap clears back. Its not bad clear its just not as strong as you think it is. Any way cleaning is not going to be strong on ele any more convention condis to boons or healing on condi clears is better use for the other teams condi effects.

Weaver needs some type of you cant be condi for x sec or a dmg -% condi dmg. Fitting there short times of barrors to let the weaver get in land there dmg / cc and then get out.

- every 3 to 4 secs you can go into water, clearing 1-2 conditions with water/arcane traits.
– On water you get 5 clears with sword 2, 2 with dodge, 2 with dagger
Include in there anything from runes and thats a ton of clears.

I roam in wvw with water/arcane/tempest and I only have problems with condis if I have more than 2 condi spammers on me. And its only fair that I have trouble with 3+ people spamming condi on me… And I still do 7k firegrabs if I do my rotations right…

If you have problems with condi on ele you are doing something wrong, either your cleanses or your fights… Sure there is a ton more condi on a zerg fight, but your erg should be dealing with it too, get a better commander or group.

weaver will have access to a lot of condi cleanse if it wants to…
Anyone that wanted to go full dmg with air/fire and still get a kittenload of condi remove with unravel hexes is just asking for an easy OP setup.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Don’t worry anet will make a rune set that is like power driven that allows you to lose condi every time you activate a stance and gain 3 secs of regen. Ask for new runes that go with the new path of fire. You guys have to think outside the box.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

- every 3 to 4 secs you can go into water, clearing 1-2 conditions with water/arcane traits.
– On water you get 5 clears with sword 2, 2 with dodge, 2 with dagger
Include in there anything from runes and thats a ton of clears.

I roam in wvw with water/arcane/tempest and I only have problems with condis if I have more than 2 condi spammers on me. And its only fair that I have trouble with 3+ people spamming condi on me… And I still do 7k firegrabs if I do my rotations right…

If you have problems with condi on ele you are doing something wrong, either your cleanses or your fights… Sure there is a ton more condi on a zerg fight, but your erg should be dealing with it too, get a better commander or group.

weaver will have access to a lot of condi cleanse if it wants to…
Anyone that wanted to go full dmg with air/fire and still get a kittenload of condi remove with unravel hexes is just asking for an easy OP setup.

I wish it was that low of a cd but you cant go back into water when you already in water. This is where the longer cd comes into play. You can go doble water but you will only trigger the water line 1 clear you should not be able to trigger the reg agen at least that what it reads (all though you could during the beta so i am not sure about that) and after you doble water you cant swap back into water agen so you will just have a cd there.

I realty think weaver should be barrier base class. It should not look to clear condis but it should look to maintaining a barrier on it self and by doing so give it more dmg more def vs physical and condi. A kind of shield mages that is weak with out its shield. Things like air and fire line need a good condi clear but weaver it self should not.

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

I wish it was that low of a cd but you cant go back into water when you already in water. This is where the longer cd comes into play. You can go doble water but you will only trigger the water line 1 clear you should not be able to trigger the reg agen at least that what it reads (all though you could during the beta so i am not sure about that) and after you doble water you cant swap back into water agen so you will just have a cd there.

When you attune to an element with weaver you attune your main hand, with the offhand getting the previous MH attune.
So if you are in water/air and want to go to water/water, attune to water again. if you want to go to invert (air/water,) attune to air…
This means that you can double attune to water getting the benefits every 3 secs with arcane. Since cleanse wave, cleansing water and elemental attunement have no CD, you can remove 4 condis in 3 secs (double attune). Not sure if you can attune water again when double attuned (havent tested), what would gives you 2 condis removed every 3 secs, plus weapon skills, sigils and runes…

If you get unrevel hexes it will clear movement imparing condis really fast and let you focus your condi removal on the dmg ones… Air/Water/Arcane could be quite nice with sword for all the superspeed and cc

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

When you attune to an element with weaver you attune your main hand, with the offhand getting the previous MH attune.
So if you are in water/air and want to go to water/water, attune to water again. if you want to go to invert (air/water,) attune to air…
This means that you can double attune to water getting the benefits every 3 secs with arcane. Since cleanse wave, cleansing water and elemental attunement have no CD, you can remove 4 condis in 3 secs (double attune). Not sure if you can attune water again when double attuned (havent tested), what would gives you 2 condis removed every 3 secs, plus weapon skills, sigils and runes…

If you get unrevel hexes it will clear movement imparing condis really fast and let you focus your condi removal on the dmg ones… Air/Water/Arcane could be quite nice with sword for all the superspeed and cc

So if your always keeping one atument diffret from water you can only swap to water once ever 2 swap cd. Say you start in fire / fire you swap to water now your water fire you must wait 3-5 sec for the next swap you swap to water your doble water water and your not getting a reg from that water swap. You need to wait 3-5 mins to swap agen. You cant swap to water agen so you would swap to any thing say fire so now your fire water and you must wait another 3-5 sec for another swap. Then it start all over agen. The globle cd gets in the way of water swaping to its full effect as fast as you want it to.

Unrevel hexes is nice at getting soft cc but your clears can still hit soft cc and not the condis 1/2 sec seems fast but a lot can be dumped on you and effects can be reapplied faster then that 1/2 sec. Even if your cleaning on the movement cc there still other cc like vainbitly weakness and blind that can eat up your condi clear befor getting the dmg condis.

Any way weaver needs to be about barrier its the only class that gets a lot of seflish barrier so that should be the def side of the class. I would like it to be the aggressive side too not sure why swiftness is on its aggressive side.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

If they change it to remove all conditions, they’ll probably have to change the name which should be fine I suppose. Unravel Hexes was a mesmer skill at any rate. Guys, think of a cool new name for this trait. This is what I came up with.

Weaver’s Remedy (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Remedy_Signet)
Weaver’s Conviction (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Conviction)
Unraveled Haste (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Enchanted_Haste)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Evoneva Drakon.1754

Evoneva Drakon.1754

I thought of double water attun for condi cleanse too but from the stress test many of the traits had an extra line that means double attunement did not trigger the effect twice.

From what i remember in my testing the following only trigger on the first instance of going into the element, going into the element for double attenument did not trigger the effects again.

Arcane Boons (so regen, might etc, and fury (minor adept)
Water cleansing wave (edit, no heal, no condi cleanse)
Air super speed
Fire fire aura

Can’t remember if the second attune to air triggered a second lightning bolt

(edited by Evoneva Drakon.1754)

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I thought of double water attun for condi cleanse too but from the stress test many of the traits had an extra line that means double attunement did not trigger the effect twice.

From what i remember in my testing the following only trigger on the first instance of going into the element, going into the element for double attenument did not trigger the effects again.

Arcane Boons (so regen, might etc, and fury (minor adept)
Water cleansing wave (edit, no heal, no condi cleanse)
Air super speed
Fire fire aura

Can’t remember if the second attune to air triggered a second lightning bolt

I only remember arcane boons for water working all though if you read the effect it was not made to work like that so it could of been a bug. If every thing is working right double water atument should only clear 1 aoe condi.

Still not fixing the problem of water only for being clears on ele as a class. There has got to be something on air and fire.