What I noticed. (Thank you Anet Devs)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cero.1209

cero.1209

I realized that the other day that I have a hard time playing my characters because I enjoy the elementalist that much. The other classes feel so slow and stale after I have invested some time into the character. Also to the players who say they are under powered, over the past month i went from feeling under powered to some what balanced to the other classes.
TL:DR Elementalist is best class i have ever played.

in Elementalist

Posted by: keytoeverything.1765

keytoeverything.1765

Funny you mention that, I was having a hard time playing other classes after my Mesmer hit 80, till I rolled my beautiful D/D Ele :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Have to agree. GW2 Ele is my favorite class in any MMO or RPG. If it weren’t for Ele I’d have stopped playing a long time ago.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Yeah. Ele is so fun. Just wish it wasn’t so squishy (I hate crazy burst damage from other classes) sometimes, but so fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: magnafides.8136

magnafides.8136

over the past month i went from feeling under powered to some what balanced to the other classes.

So, for a class that takes a month to learn, the pay-off is that you’re “some what balanced to the other classes”? Wouldn’t you expect the Ele to be at least “marginally more effective”?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

over the past month i went from feeling under powered to some what balanced to the other classes.

So, for a class that takes a month to learn, the pay-off is that you’re “some what balanced to the other classes”? Wouldn’t you expect the Ele to be at least “marginally more effective”?

Simply, no. The pay-off imo is the fun of playing. If the class was hands down more powerful than other classes, even marginally, that would be an unfair advantage. MMOs, and GW2 is no exception, are designed NOT to give advantages to one profession over another, so that ALL players can compete on an equal footing with the classes they like to play.

Your view is not unusual by any means. Many players have posted it the forums that they feel there should be a payoff for the extra work. In other words, more work should equal more pay.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Simply, no. The pay-off imo is the fun of playing. If the class was hands down more powerful than other classes, even marginally, that would be an unfair advantage. MMOs, and GW2 is no exception, are designed NOT to give advantages to one profession over another, so that ALL players can compete on an equal footing with the classes they like to play.

Your view is not unusual by any means. Many players have posted it the forums that they feel there should be a payoff for the extra work. In other words, more work should equal more pay.

meh imo honestly i think ele is the most versatile class thier is in this game right now and if u spec right it really is kind of unstoppable unless ur against like 5 players then u might have a problem but other than that i have yet to have any problems in pve or pvp once i finally got used to it and learned the combos i feel verry powerful indeed compared to other classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Marginally more effective takes two months.

in Elementalist

Posted by: magnafides.8136

magnafides.8136

If the class was hands down more powerful than other classes, even marginally, that would be an unfair advantage. MMOs, and GW2 is no exception, are designed NOT to give advantages to one profession over another, so that ALL players can compete on an equal footing with the classes they like to play.

In a perfect world yes, all classes would be perfectly balanced. But, let’s be honest, they’re not and never will be. There will always be one class that’s slightly more powerful than the rest, and IMO Ele is the perfect candidate given the amount of effort the player has to put in and the many disadvantages that must be worked around.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It’s not as much that eles should be overpowered, but that other classes should be harder/ more stressful to play.

The attunements are fun by themselves, but when we’re it direct competition to other players, it’s always frustating to give your heart and soul to use your 20 skills correctly and lose against a sudden thief that puts you down with 3-4. (And yes, I can kill plenty of thieves. But it’s still annoying whenever they manage to kill me in 2 seconds).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

I’m really glad I stuck with elementalist as well. There were some rough patches during leveling that almost made me reroll but now the class is lots of fun to play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Tried to roll a thief, mesmer, engi, warror, guardian, ranger, necro… After leveling my ele to 80 and practice a crap ton in sPvP… Can’t do it. They are to boring, not enough going on. I was actually called unstoppable tonight in sPvP, made me feel good, because I have invested so much time into learning the char, the combos, what attunement to switch to and when, what utilities to use vs certain classes, etc.

I feel if I did not lag in game, or my laptop keyboard would respond to me hitting the Attunement swap keys was more responsive, I would not die except in 3 v 1 situations. Nothing more frustrating than 2 v 1 and getting 1 downed just to have other revive them while ur knockback / knockdown on cooldowns. Or when u go to stomp and they both interrupt you. Just saying, lol.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Funny you mention that, I was having a hard time playing other classes after my Mesmer hit 80, till I rolled my beautiful D/D Ele :P

Everyone’s rolling Ele now, not sure if it’s because the community feels they’re overpowered (they are likely not, except for in the hands of a highly skilled player), or because it’s so fun to play when compared with other stale “auto-attack mobs to death” classes.

Either way, they’re all rolling D/D cause staff and scepter just kitten at this point. I liked it better back at the beginning of the game when the community thought the class was crap and those of us playing it were special little snowflakes

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Marginally more effective takes two months.

I’ll admit, I laughed at this, mostly because of it’s kinda true. Good one mouse

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

I totally agree! Ele was my main class in gw1 and it was the first character I made in gw2. I do like the other classes, but every moment I’m playing them I think about how much more fun my elementalist is. This both a blessing and a curse, since I have other characters, none of which are past 20 and I have like 450 hours on my ele.
Yay Anet for making ele so fun, but the other 7 classes really need a fun boost.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chriswck.6490

Chriswck.6490

BOOOYYYY, I miss the permanent swiftness whenever I’m not playing my elementalist!!

NOW I HAVE TO RUN AT MORTAL SPEED!