What I think Tempest Nerf Should look Like

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Healers shouldn’t really exist in this game when every other class also has access to heals.
Tempest I feel is not strong in the aspect of its tankiness, but rather how easy it is to support and heal allies while keeping itself alive.

I think the best way to keep the bunker potential of an ele while reducing the healing to allies should be done like this.

Auras gained from traits do not affect allies regardless of if you take powerful auras.

Essentially it will remove elemental bastion, soothing ice and unsteady conduit from healing allies and giving them boons through auras.

thoughts?

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

That hurts the heal bot ele but how does it help the class as a whole? Don’t get me wrong I’m all for changing from heal bot but currently that is our strongest role in pvp. If we don’t have anything to compensate why take ele in pvp

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

That hurts the heal bot ele but how does it help the class as a whole? Don’t get me wrong I’m all for changing from heal bot but currently that is our strongest role in pvp. If we don’t have anything to compensate why take ele in pvp

Because healbots make the game boring. The changes still provide you with good healing potential but makes you rely more on active procs instead of automatic ones to heal allies. This will affectively reduce the amount of protection uptime on allies too, hopefully opening the door for more dps builds to be played.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

Dps build are played now rev, mes, reaper, scrapper, I’ve even seen quite a few warriors that were good. They can afford to go dps because they have ele supporting them. In essence it should offer more space for dps builds as it provides a safety net for their weaknesses. BTW most of those warriors were teamed up with an ele for that reason and it worked really well for them

(edited by Keadron.9570)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

befor even touching a lot of work has to be done. So basically no and not in this extent.
I would change regen on auras and the same time buff fire and arcane for more damage. Maybe tempestious aria 20% shout CD. As i already said the last change to give regen on auras was soooo bad and booring ….

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Dps build are played now rev, mes, reaper, scrapper, I’ve even seen quite a few warriors that were good. They can afford to go dps because they have ele supporting them. In essence it should offer more space for dps builds as it provides a safety net for their weaknesses. BTW most of those warriors were teamed up with an ele for that reason and it worked really well for them

Essentially though, if you team doesn’t have an ele it would just make those kind of builds unviable, plus making bunker builds even harder to kill. I can see what you are saying, and I can agree with the points you make to an extent, but the amount or auras we can give to allies is too much. I don’t feel the changes I made would affect us too much, but it would make it so fights won’t be as drawn out.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Keadron.9570

Don’t get me wrong I’m not advocating for healer ele it’s just after ammy removals and balance our sustain is our main strength too many more nerfs and we won’t have anything worth taking on a team. I’m really hoping this next patch we get some more offense

(edited by Keadron.9570)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Well, at least we will be useless across the board. Consistency is important. The hero we needed.

Our lack of viability in being DPS isn’t because our healing is too strong, nor does making us bunkers with no support value make our class better.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

The ele profession might need a redesign. I get that it’s a good healer, but that hurts PvP more than it helps. Especially since we’re not supposed to have a trinity, just DPS

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Elementalist

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

As funny as this sounds, I was pugged in legendary with a zerker ele who absolutely wrecked. I don’t know what kind of skill that requires but our opponents weren’t pushovers. Don’t ask me how he did it, but it worked.

(edited by Salamander.2504)

in Elementalist

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

It was cool being able to watch eles play in berserker gear with d/d.

They need to make marauder etc. viable with ele. They have the resources to live… Now give them the damage. It probably needs to be based on critical chance so people don’t run tanky amulets

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

As funny as this sounds, I was pugged in legendary with a zerker ele who absolutely wrecked. I don’t know what kind of skill that requires but our opponents weren’t pushovers. Don’t ask me how he did it, but it worked.

Was he fresh air s/f? From my experience its still very good if played correctly and the other team doesnt have an ele lol

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Was he fresh air s/f? From my experience its still very good if played correctly and the other team doesnt have an ele lol

I wish I could tell you, but I don’t remember. I just know that we had a cleric tempest, the zerker tempest, and the opposing team did in fact have a cleric tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

dps ele has mediocre damage, mediocre survivability and isn’t really useful for your team like for example a mesmer with portal/moa and so on.

so you need to give ele more damage (in any case) and better selfsustain. now here comes the problem. if you buff the ele’s sustain for dps builds you will almost certainly have a survivability increase for defensive specced eles too. if you only buff the damage, people will start crying again like they did with d/d ele.

no matter what you do it won’t work. dps ele was never viable and will never be viable without a complete overhaul of the traits and skills.

nerf the healing of tempest and you can remove it from pvp. tempest is not even good, it’s just so that it’s the only support spec that remotely works.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Because healbots make the game boring. The changes still provide you with good healing potential but makes you rely more on active procs instead of automatic ones to heal allies. This will affectively reduce the amount of protection uptime on allies too, hopefully opening the door for more dps builds to be played.

I don’t see why healbots make the game boring for you other than the fact it lets them essentially mitigate what your damage is. A team can still CC a good healbot away, and individually, if you are 1v1’ing a bunker class, you as a damage dealer are not thinking clearly and should be assisting another point.

I completely agree that we need a better set of options other than our sustain, and I don’t justify keeping sustain because “sustain is all we have”, but I am completely FINE with sustain being an option. A person dedicated to mitigating and curing damage, should be able to completely nullify a single person dedicated to causing damage in raw numbers. At that point it comes down to CC and who makes the first mistake.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I wish I could tell you, but I don’t remember. I just know that we had a cleric tempest, the zerker tempest, and the opposing team did in fact have a cleric tempest.

when you combine two ele and one is offensive you wreck the oponent. The agressive ele is still an ele with support. Much less but the two synergize extreamly well holding permanet auras up. I always smile if another ele is in my team and tell him we go mid as pair. I play the the more agressive build without water but have 4 shouts an soldiers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GLOR.2489

GLOR.2489

My answer to this post is something like this:
“If you nerf eles healing power and tankyness you will have to nerf engineers and ranger too. Plus, the actual necro is OP not because necro is OP. But because everyone is playing thousands of boons. So necros can transform taht ito and advantage ( by converting boons into conditions). What I mean is that the all game is based on these mecanics. So nerf the actual ele mean change the all game.”

see you

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

The ele profession might need a redesign. I get that it’s a good healer, but that hurts PvP more than it helps. Especially since we’re not supposed to have a trinity, just DPS

Actually no, we’re supposed to be able to do anything on any class, not just dps. That’s what they advertised, but due to balance it simply comes down to the point where a certain class will be better at something than the other.

This thread makes no sense. Nerf healing so people play dps? More like nerf healing so people don’t play ele at all.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Actually no, we’re supposed to be able to do anything on any class, not just dps. That’s what they advertised, but due to balance it simply comes down to the point where a certain class will be better at something than the other.

This thread makes no sense. Nerf healing so people play dps? More like nerf healing so people don’t play ele at all.

I really think you guys are exaggerating these nerfs. IMO its better for game balance as a whole.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Ele is in a really weird spot right now, since clerics S/F ele is very strong (but does no dmg, so many ppl don’t like to play it) but every other weapon set or amulet is absolute garbage (okay, I think menders is decent as well).

And I mean completely unusable utter warrior-tier garbage. :P

The main problems are:

- Healing is too low on low amounts of healing power
- DMG is too low in general

Now, if you take away more healing, you’ll simply push Ele even farther in the corner of full-support/healer or completely out of the meta, since clerics will still be the only thing that really works.
The fact that clerics works so well is that the counter to high toughness/low HP is conditions, but the clerics ele build is pretty much the best build in terms of condi-cleanse there is.

Solution:

- Higher healing on low healing power amounts, no changes in the higher healing power amounts.
- Fix the soldier rune bug that cleanses like 5 too many conditions and probably rework diamond skin to sth. that requires skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: mysticsicness.7598

mysticsicness.7598

Devs need to give ele a proper damage spec for pvp, which could either be D/D back, or a proper scepter buff instead of these jokes they have been giving it. Then, and only then, you can talk about nerfing our boring (and only viable) support build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Devs need to give ele a proper damage spec for pvp, which could either be D/D back, or a proper scepter buff instead of these jokes they have been giving it. Then, and only then, you can talk about nerfing our boring (and only viable) support build.

I totally agree with actual scepter buffs. Dragon tooth should hit for 5k with a power amulet and crit for insane amounts. Lets be honest here, if you get hit by one of those you are bad and should just quit pvp anyhow.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I totally agree with actual scepter buffs. Dragon tooth should hit for 5k with a power amulet and crit for insane amounts. Lets be honest here, if you get hit by one of those you are bad and should just quit pvp anyhow.

landing dragons tooth is alot easier these days since endurance regeneration is not as strong. A well timed knockdown and no dodge rolls will almost always have dragons tooth hit. Plus its a great skill on downed enemies.

I do agree though that scepter needs some buffs.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

landing dragons tooth is alot easier these days since endurance regeneration is not as strong. A well timed knockdown and no dodge rolls will almost always have dragons tooth hit. Plus its a great skill on downed enemies.

I do agree though that scepter needs some buffs.

I don’t think that its really easier to hit (you can literally walk out of it still), it just that most don’t even consider it worth dodging as a scrapper auto does higher damage anyway. Power creep is such that things that used to be “OMG WHAT A BURST” are now considered slightly above baseline dps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

do you want to be in warrior’s situation?
Because that is what you gona get!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I just want to go ahead and point out that Druid heals are significantly more than Ele heals. Ele can be made to be tanky, the heals that they can apply makes them MORE tank, but it isn’t the only reason lol. Its mostly the boons such as frost aura and protection being applied from auras. The regen does heal a decent amount, but it isn’t what makes them so survivable. My ele doesn’t have any healing power for my PvP build and I can bunker a 1v1 with just about anyone without any issues running Paladin with soldier runes and dagger/warhorn.

Sounds like you’re either salty about not being able to kill eles that build well or you’re an ele that doesn’t know how to build well.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I just want to go ahead and point out that Druid heals are significantly more than Ele heals. Ele can be made to be tanky, the heals that they can apply makes them MORE tank, but it isn’t the only reason lol. Its mostly the boons such as frost aura and protection being applied from auras. The regen does heal a decent amount, but it isn’t what makes them so survivable. My ele doesn’t have any healing power for my PvP build and I can bunker a 1v1 with just about anyone without any issues running Paladin with soldier runes and dagger/warhorn.

Sounds like you’re either salty about not being able to kill eles that build well or you’re an ele that doesn’t know how to build well.

Not salty. I just think its bad for balance as a whole for them to provide that much team support. This literally will get rid of 3 auras to allies, not affecting the ele itself. That paired with other nerfs to classes could introduce dps specs that dont work at the moment into the meta. Sounds like you didn’t read because it won’t affect the ele at all, just their potential team support.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

So because you don’t like playing support or playing against someone who plays support, you think no one should be able to?

When I play ele, I support my team well with boons, condition clears and heals. My team doesn’t become invincible because of this, but as a whole my team is stronger when they are near me. You do realize that the range on all of the auras getting shared is tiny don’t you? I hold my own in 1v1s and survive most of them pretty well, even win plenty of fights but you would call me a bunker support ele lol.

Just also want to point something out – I rarely see other eles in pvp anymore. Almost everything I see is cancerous condi necros, daredevils and revenants. I’d maybe go talk about what those nerfs should look like – ele doesn’t need one. We’re barely even in a good place right now since the celestial amulet went away.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

So because you don’t like playing support or playing against someone who plays support, you think no one should be able to?

When I play ele, I support my team well with boons, condition clears and heals. My team doesn’t become invincible because of this, but as a whole my team is stronger when they are near me. You do realize that the range on all of the auras getting shared is tiny don’t you? I hold my own in 1v1s and survive most of them pretty well, even win plenty of fights but you would call me a bunker support ele lol.

Just also want to point something out – I rarely see other eles in pvp anymore. Almost everything I see is cancerous condi necros, daredevils and revenants. I’d maybe go talk about what those nerfs should look like – ele doesn’t need one. We’re barely even in a good place right now since the celestial amulet went away.

I never commented on how you play ele. If you want to play paladin thats fine. Also the radius is 600 which is larger than the radius of all our staff 5 skills . Regardless of what you and I think we will find out tomorrow what anet has decided.

Bad Elementalist

(edited by FrownyClown.8402)