What annoys me the most about Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I think what annoys me more than anything about this class is that you MUST stop and fight everyone that picks a fight with you. I can’t tell you how many times in WvWvW or in sPvP I simply just want to get from point A to B, and here comes the troll Ranger, Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Guardian, Necro, Engi that will NOT leave you alone. I can’t run away because if I do they’ll just tear me down, so I’m forced to fight. I fight and then if I’m actually winning I feel like every class has a way to disengage (but OMG RTL was overpowered cuz god forbid if we could disengage like any other class). And every other class knows it because they actively seek us out since we have no way of escaping. Our cantrips, before their nerf just simply gave us like 3 seconds of breathing room before class X goes back to two buttoning our life away. I’m speaking from the perspective of an 80 Ele and 80 Mesmer. I definitely don’t feel like I’m constantly being trolled to death on my Mesmer like I do my ele.

Maybe it’s perspective. I certainly wanted to play my ele because I like the fact that it is a class that relies on synergy on multiple ability combinations rather than hitting 2,2,2,2,2,2,2 stealth, 2,2,2,2,2 like a thief. Definitely not bored playing an ele. Just get frustrated with the little reward you get from playing it well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

agreed
though I do win any 1v1, problem is and has been many times is that they seem to come in pairs. I’d down a thief and then get backstabbed to death by a second thief out of nowhere (imba stealth). Had this happen to me 5 times. All I wanted was to get to that jumping puzzle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

We can’t even run from guardians anymore. If a guardian has a 1 handed sword, or Judge’s Intervention, he will catch you. I miss being able to roam all over the place freely. You absolutely have to fight anyone you see now because you can’t escape. I feel like one of the slower classes in Everquest with no Spirit of the Wolf buff when every single thing can outrun you and if you don’t stop and fight, you’ll eventually have a huge train following you and you’ll die. I find myself just doing PvE stuff more and more now because WvW is basically suicide especially when you’re fighting a huge zerg server, unless you roam with a group. I miss being able to roam alone. It’s just not fun anymore. I’m at a point now where I just log in less and less or hang in LA . It was fun for awhile after the patch trying out new builds, but that wore off quickly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Use a chill and/or cripple and it ruins most other profs escape/chase attempts, at least that’s how I’ve been fleeing with my staff ele, throw down a chill field and drop an unsteady ground and keep going, absolute worst case scenario is I drop an AoE (either lava font or unsteady ground) and pop arcane power for 5s immob and then a static field and swiftness.

Edit: doesn’t D/D have a leap on fire and earth too?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Elementalist

Posted by: Druitt.7629

Druitt.7629

Even ANet recently admitted that Ele’s were the most mobile of all professions, so I’m not sure that I understand your point. The one profession that actually has no means of disengagement or escape — per ANet’s stated design — are Necros.

It’d be interesting to know what build/weapons you run with that you feel you can’t escape at will.

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

And that will stop 5 or 6 people who can run circles around you with their mobility skills even if they’re crippled? I don’t think so. You must have been running from some really bad players then who don’t have any condition removal of their own. they usually just cleanse it then all pounce on you while all your stuff is still on cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

D/D only has a leap on Earth…that needs a target to do the leap.
Burning speed has a range of 600 which won’t let you out run anyone (especially if crippled or chilled)

So yea, running is actually the worst option because you most likely won’t escape as a D/D; and if you used burning speed, you are now short on damage.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

in Elementalist

Mek.2947

Even ANet recently admitted that Ele’s were the most mobile of all professions, so I’m not sure that I understand your point. The one profession that actually has no means of disengagement or escape — per ANet’s stated design — are Necros.

It’d be interesting to know what build/weapons you run with that you feel you can’t escape at will.

ummmm then Anet is just dead kittening wrong…sorry. I’m usually d/d with a mix of zerker, celestial, and cavalier gear. Before patch did 0/15/0/25/30. Since patch…can’t make up my mind on what half -as- spec to use.

The problem is…other classes have spammable conditions for chill and cripple. Yes, we have condition removal but the second you take it off you’re back to where you started. We have dagger water 3 on a cooldown, earth 3 if it ever hits…like….ever, maybe earth 4…but since you have to be close to the target, I would think that defeats the purpose of getting away. Ride the lightning once..and gg while they giggle and catch up….sooo how are we the most mobile profession exactly?

Staff is actually more mobile than d/d. You can lay down air 5, earth 4, water 4 fields. But, again…the net gain you have on running away is usually negated by other classes’ ability to spam movement impairing conditions on you.

in Elementalist

Mek.2947

BTW just because our skills make our characters’ bodies “move” doesn’t mean we’re the most mobile. When we refer to mobility we mean being able to move in and out of danger. Just because my ele is flopping around like a fish out of water due to spell animations doesn’t mean it’s mobile.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Most mobile profession… that’s good for a laugh! Ele’s are at the bottom, and ele’s are the only class that can’t survive a normal fight without being mobile.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Most mobile profession… that’s good for a laugh! Ele’s are at the bottom, and ele’s are the only class that can’t survive a normal fight without being mobile.

LMAO…..necro says hi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

What ANet “knows” is always 6 months out of date. They’re always making changes based on how the game was months and months ago, even though those changes don’t make any sense by the time they make them. Even then, they usually make a comletely unrelated change that makes everyone scratch their head and ask “w-t-f were they thinking?” (i.e. RTL nerf, lightning flash nerf, bountiful power nerf).

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

And that will stop 5 or 6 people who can run circles around you with their mobility skills even if they’re crippled? I don’t think so. You must have been running from some really bad players then who don’t have any condition removal of their own. they usually just cleanse it then all pounce on you while all your stuff is still on cooldown.

What game are you playing? Because I know no one who can catch kitten while crippled and/or chilled, ele or not, and what condi are they gonna cleanse? The cripple? That’s adorable i still have a stun, a chill, immobs, a knock back, and a range opener, or is this some mythical build that has more than one condi removal and is still for some reason threatening?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Oddly, Necro can escape easily enough.
True, not quite like Guardian, Warrior or the obvious trolls/thieves.
I`ve a necro bank alt & with Spectral walk, staff wells & the extremely op scepter wall of fear (feck knows why anet let this & mesmer scepter line not put you into combat…(lol don`t recall its name ;p) ).
combined with several health bars hehe
Throw in locust signet which I don`t need/use & horn for even more speeds & job`s a good `un.
I`d say necro is above ele by a little, but we`re both kind of screwed over.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

LMAO…..necro saykitten

least you have chance fighting someone….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

So the day has come where necros are more mobile than eles eh? Only thing left to do is hope Dapheonix can save us from this nightmare!

:^O
/sarcasm

(edited by Benji.9203)

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

^I think he mainly plays Mesmer now so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

did you even watch the livestream izzy put out?

26:45 – Question: balance changes to mobility – “we don’t want the like to be the best mobile character in the game”, ele can change roles during combat so mobility is a trade-off
13:31 – use FGS, skill #3 and #4 have mobility, looking into for balance

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

Oddly, Necro can escape easily enough.
True, not quite like Guardian, Warrior or the obvious trolls/thieves.
I`ve a necro bank alt & with Spectral walk, staff wells & the extremely op scepter wall of fear (feck knows why anet let this & mesmer scepter line not put you into combat…(lol don`t recall its name ;p) ).
combined with several health bars hehe
Throw in locust signet which I don`t need/use & horn for even more speeds & job`s a good `un.
I`d say necro is above ele by a little, but we`re both kind of screwed over.

Finally, someone who actually lays down the facts and knows what the kitten they are talking about.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

If you arent able to get away from most classes, its your own fault. Getting from the starting point to the commander is an important part of WvW and you should use the weapons/skills that make it possible. If you want to use a staff and mindlessly bag farm, thats cool, but dont put it on until you get to the zerg (if youre having trouble).

• Frost Aura alone will drop just about any pursuit, ranged dps especially. Very few people will blow a condi-clear on a chill. Don’t blow it until they’re hitting you reliably.
  • Same can be said for Shocking Aura.
  • MH dagger has an aoe chill and a target immobolize…
  • MH staff has chill, cripple and stun fields.
  • If you dont run perma-swiftness in wvw, you’re wrong.
  • True, the RTL cd is absolute BS if it misses, but if used on a critter its just fine. To the guy ranting about other classes having spammable chill/cripple… who has spamable chill? Also, RTL is not effected by movement impairments. RTL, cleanse, run.
  • Still having trouble? Take a signet of earth or water, hit whoever is chasing you and get back to running.

and finally…

• In “Normal” circumstances, the fastest people in WvW are Shortbow thieves, GS rangers (not the ones you should be afraid of), and GS warriors. If you factor in elite skills though, the fastest people in WvW are FGS elementalists and Norns. If you are really having that much trouble, slot the kitten elite.
SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Even then, they usually make a comletely unrelated change that makes everyone scratch their head and ask “w-t-f were they thinking?” (i.e. RTL nerf, lightning flash nerf, bountiful power nerf).

RTL change was to nerf the elementalist’s ability to escape a fight as often as it did, without affecting their ability to chase targets. The old RTL allowed good elementalist players to reset the fights in their favor by engaging/ disengaging every 15/ 20s, which made them nearly immortal.

The removal of stun breaks from two cantrips was because having an entire utility type loaded with stun breakers was a bad idea in the first place. It made cantrip builds too powerful, and non-cantrip builds too weak. No utility type should have its entire selection to break stun

Bountiful power was nerfed, because it offered way too much damage by itself, and especially so in a defensive traitline. When 5 extra points in defense give you far more damage than 5 points in offense, then something is clearly wrong.

in Elementalist

Mek.2947

People won’t blow condi removal on a chill?…hmmm… is that right.. I’m not saying that we don’t have any tools. What I’m saying is that every other class can out last the few mobility tricks we have. If someone is bent on pursuing us, after a few sec of us blowing every escape trick we have…they’re right there on our nuts. So, again…your only option is to fight every single player that picks a fight with you or die running away.

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Elementalists have access to cripple/ chill/ immobilize, several means to apply swiftness to themselves, and RTL ignores chill/ cripple movement slowdown. If you cripple/ chill your foe, RTL away, and then cleanse yoursle and/ or apply swiftness, chances are, they’ll have a hard time catching you. There are some exceptions, of course.

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

RTL change was to nerf the elementalist’s ability to escape a fight as often as it did, without affecting their ability to chase targets. The old RTL allowed good elementalist players to reset the fights in their favor by engaging/ disengaging every 15/ 20s, which made them nearly immortal.

Warriors, rangers, mesmers, and thieves can still disengage at will. It’s mysteriously not OP for them, but was for ele. The above classes could still chase down an ele unless they were stuck in combat with other people. In sPvP running away meant you lost the point. Cantrip bunkers needed a nerf to survivability, RTL wasn’t it.

The removal of stun breaks from two cantrips was because having an entire utility type loaded with stun breakers was a bad idea in the first place. It made cantrip builds too powerful, and non-cantrip builds too weak. No utility type should have its entire selection to break stun

Removing a SB from cleansing fire would be fine if they actually made it a decent skill in itself. Removing it from LF is just stupid. It’s not like there is some hard limit on the number of SB per class, because other classes have more than that. They could have made signet of air and arcane shield into SBers without changing anything because you can still only have 3 utilities.

Bountiful power was nerfed, because it offered way too much damage by itself, and especially so in a defensive traitline.

Water is not a defensive only line. More than half of the traits have at least some offensive component.

Powerful aura spreads your auras (burning and CC) and potentially boons as well.
Soothing Wave damages and applies offensive conditions
Arcane abatement causes damage in 3 attunements
Vital striking adds 10% damage
Piercing shards adds 20% damage
Shard of ice signets and arcane abilities cause vulnerability
Aquamancer’s alacrit reduced cooldown on water skills

And of course bountiful power itself.

If anything, water is the only jack of all trades tree in the supposed jack of all trades class.

When 5 extra points in defense give you far more damage than 5 points in offense, then something is clearly wrong.

[/quote]

It didn’t. Going 5 points into the other elements gives you not only a trait to choose from but also additional offensive stats. Further, the other trees being full of garbage is not a reason to nerf a trait that isn’t overpowered. It’s a reason to improve the garbage lines so they’re no longer obnoxiously terrible. If they keep nerfing water until fire looks attractive as it is, ele is going to be an unplayable train wreck.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable

(edited by Caffynated.5713)

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Warriors, rangers, mesmers, and thieves can still disengage at will. It’s mysteriously not OP for them, but was for ele. The above classes could still chase down an ele unless they were stuck in combat with other people. In sPvP running away meant you lost the point. Cantrip bunkers needed a nerf to survivability, RTL wasn’t it.

You clearly do not play a Warrior, ranger, mesmer or thief, if you chill or cripple a warrior, ranger, or thief all of their leaps get gutted, you chill a ranger and then he uses swoop? I hope he likes to go the distance of a dodge roll! I’ve played ranger since kittening beta, and trust me, you chill one and they can’t go ANYWHERE. Thief and Mesmer are the only 2 that could still catch you and that’s assuming that they are going to blow all their teleports to get you and leave themselves without any escapes once they get to you, and if they do that you’re in the clear and can kill them, if they even catch you that is.

Warriors are in the exact same position as rangers, and same with any thief who doesn’t use teleport skills (IE most D/D thieves).

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

Ranger has tons of condi cleanse, and warrior can be completely invulnerable to movement impairing conditions.

Do you even Wuv Wuv, bro?

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Ranger has tons of condi cleanse, and warrior can be completely invulnerable to movement impairing conditions.

Omg, this is gold, please go to the ranger forums and tell them how many condi cleanses they have, they will be up in arms in a matter of seconds, AT BEST they have 4 condis removed every 10seconds, and it’s literally, every 10 seconds they can not make it go sooner unless they want to drop that down to 3 condis a second. In addition their only other condi removals are 1) their healing spring which requires them to be in it 2) their elite that’s on a 240 second CD and 3) Using a brown bear.

And if the warrior is completely invuln to the conditions they’re lacking pretty heavily in damage compared to the other warriors running around there, they still aren’t that big of a deal seeing as how we still have KDs dazes, KBs stuns etc to keep them back.

You even know how to escape bro?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Warriors, rangers, mesmers, and thieves can still disengage at will. It’s mysteriously not OP for them, but was for ele.

I’ve been wondering about this for months, and I still can’t understand why they are crippling our class this much.

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

Omg, this is gold, please go to the ranger forums and tell them how many condi cleanses they have, they will be up in arms in a matter of seconds, AT BEST they have 4 condis removed every 10seconds, and it’s literally, every 10 seconds they can not make it go sooner unless they want to drop that down to 3 condis a second. In addition their only other condi removals are 1) their healing spring which requires them to be in it 2) their elite that’s on a 240 second CD and 3) Using a brown bear.

And if the warrior is completely invuln to the conditions they’re lacking pretty heavily in damage compared to the other warriors running around there, they still aren’t that big of a deal seeing as how we still have KDs dazes, KBs stuns etc to keep them back.

4 conditions every 10 seconds with options for more burst condi removal is among the best sustained condi removal in the game. x x x 30 30 eles get 3 per 12+. Ranger is consistently the hardest class to keep condis on when I’m on my necro. Next is guardian, then ether renewal ele, then lyssa warrior.

It takes very little for a warrior to have good mobility condi removal. Restorative strength, mobile strikes, signet of stamina, shake it off, and dogged march can all be fit into a solid damage build without sacrificing anything major.

I play warrior and I can run down or escape from anyone but a thief.

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

4 conditions every 10 seconds with options for more burst condi removal is among the best sustained condi removal in the game. x x x 30 30 eles get 3 per 12+. Ranger is consistently the hardest class to keep condis on when I’m on my necro. Next is guardian, then ether renewal ele, then lyssa warrior.

It takes very little for a warrior to have good mobility condi removal. Restorative strength, mobile strikes, signet of stamina, shake it off, and dogged march can all be fit into a solid damage build without sacrificing anything major.

I play warrior and I can run down or escape from anyone but a thief.

Rangers have amazing condi removal (the ranger forum is dumb), but their condi removal is HORRIBLE for chasing because in 10s a lot can happen

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Warriors, rangers, mesmers, and thieves can still disengage at will. It’s mysteriously not OP for them, but was for ele.

I’ve been wondering about this for months, and I still can’t understand why they are crippling our class this much.

Eles are extremely powerful bunkers and healers. They either had to nerf the bunker or nerf the mobility side.

Would you rather have high mobility but be required to run from fights because you can’t bunker?

It’s one or the other. When eles had both, they were OP…and it showed because everyone and their mom had a d/d bunker ele for WvW.

Its like I said before the May patch, eles are gonna have to learn to play without OP. The tears are still flowing though. I’m kinda surprised at this point.

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Eles are extremely powerful bunkers and healers. They either had to nerf the bunker or nerf the mobility side.

Would you rather have high mobility but be required to run from fights because you can’t bunker?

It’s one or the other. When eles had both, they were OP…and it showed because everyone and their mom had a d/d bunker ele for WvW.

Its like I said before the May patch, eles are gonna have to learn to play without OP. The tears are still flowing though. I’m kinda surprised at this point.

Rangers had to learn it to, after that empathetic bond nerf (ALL condis cleansed every 10s) there were tears and kitten for MONTHS, thank god they got over it, can’t wait for the eles to do the same, I’d like to have some build discussion…

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

Rangers have amazing condi removal (the ranger forum is dumb), but their condi removal is HORRIBLE for chasing because in 10s a lot can happen

Well, yeah. Ranger attracted all of the people who were tired of spamming 222222 and just wanted to hit 1 once.

I kid, I kid… mostly.

They needed to move earth’s embrace and soothing disruption to master tier, remove the stun breaker from cleansing fire and make it a full cleanse like signet of stamina, and add basic diminishing returns on healing power. That would have been more than enough to bring cantrip bunkers in line without taking a dump on every other viable ele build in the entire game. Their blindfolded pin the nerf on the ele quest to tame cantrip bunkers hit everything except what really needed to, and they just kept nerfing until the collective weight drove them down.

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

@Caffy, the sad part is it’s true lol, ranger literally is Auto to Victory! With most builds xD.

And I don’t feel like nerfing RTL hit the prof as hard as you think, granted i think they should add “If you’re out of combat RTL is a 20s CD” to really make it purely a “you can’t use this to disengage and reengage” move because it WAS ridiculous that they could leave, essentially resetting the fight via Ether Renewal and them come right back into the fray with no penalty, even thieves couldn’t do that.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Erm, what?
thieves can heal in stealth, stand next to you & you can`t see them.
That is a reset.
Sort of like the idea of RTL in combat.
Pre-constant nerfs to RTL, you still couldn`t out range some enough to leave combat though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Erm, what?
thieves can heal in stealth, stand next to you & you can`t see them.
That is a reset.
Sort of like the idea of RTL in combat.
Pre-constant nerfs to RTL, you still couldn`t out range some enough to leave combat though.

A thiefs heal is now on CD, is still standing in my aoes, is still being injured, and is about to be viewable in ~5 seconds, oh what a reset that was!

RTL = 1500 escape, unless you were fighting a longbow ranger good kittening luck staying in combat, then they nerfed it down to 1200, which again, got you far enough away that almost no one could retaliate especially due to perma swiftness.

I mean seriously, I have no idea how you don’t see how they were so amazing at disengaging an reengaging, did you even PvP?

in Elementalist

Mek.2947

That’s the whole point. We used to be able to disengage, but according to A-net’s logic it’s only OP for an elementalist to do it, but if it’s a thief their response is, “move on; you’re not going to catch them.” No kitten…they really said that.

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Thieves are supposed to be the most mobile and the slipperiest of all the profs…. I don’t see what’s wrong with this

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

Thieves were already the most mobile and slipperiest prof even before the ele nerf. You can look in the history of the forums and see that there were always complaints about catching and killing a thief. The elementalist only had one skill that could actually disengage with marginal success. I say marginal, because if any other prof, save for the necro, really wanted to catch us, they could.

The patch only made it easier for an Ele to die, which wasn’t that big of a change to the daily life of the profession.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Thieves were already the most mobile and slipperiest prof even before the ele nerf. You can look in the history of the forums and see that there were always complaints about catching and killing a thief. The elementalist only had one skill that could actually disengage with marginal success. I say marginal, because if any other prof, save for the necro, really wanted to catch us, they could.

The patch only made it easier for an Ele to die, which wasn’t that big of a change to the daily life of the profession.

And the ranger forums complain about how their bad at condi removal, are out maneuvered by every other prof minus necro, and that their pets are worthless, seeing a trend?

in Elementalist

Caffynated.5713

And the ranger forums complain about how their bad at condi removal, are out maneuvered by every other prof minus necro, and that their pets are worthless, seeing a trend?

The only trend I see is that rangers seem to be mostly clueless newbs.

In the last few months, ele has lost perma swiftness without juggling weapons (can’t do this at all in tPvP or combat), had the cooldown on RTL nearly trippled, and had lightning flash nerfed to the point that it’s a high risk utility to take on the same level as arcane blast/wave. And as if that wasn’t enough, they further cut RTL distance in half while carrying the orb, because being the 2nd fastest orb carrier was just too strong. Guess which class was the undisputed best orb carrier with over the top mobility? Hint: we recently uncovered a trend about them being mostly clueless newbs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kekuso.5837

kekuso.5837

Running away should not be a problem for D/D ele in WvW unless for some reason you are stuck in earth attunement with all your other attunements on cooldown.

Ideally, you could do Fire 3 (optional) > swap to air > RTL > reverse camera during animation > updraft > correct camera > Summon Fiery GS away from your opponent > teleport to its location while casting > FGS 3 > FGS 4. And remember to switch to water attunement if you get crippled/chilled/immob, then back to air for the swiftness. Add in a cantrip or two plus perma swiftness and you’re more than fine. Oh and remember to spam 11111 if you have signet of restoration while running.

PvP is another story, since perma-swiftness is not a priority. Signet of Air is a pretty good band-aid.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

thief is:
The most mobile
The best dps
The best burst
They have stealth
They have their surviving option buffed every patch

So in order to balance a class that can do everything you need a class that can t do anything

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

Hint: we recently uncovered a trend about them being mostly clueless newbs.

<puts thinking cap on>
Erm, the devs? ;p

in Elementalist

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Just want to point out that ranger condition removal is limited to:

- a 30 point trait investment that triggers every 10 seconds, and we can’t control it
- a signet that triggers every 10 seconds. If we use the active, we have to wait 60 seconds for cooldown
- healing spring, assuming we’re running it and not troll unguent or heal as one
- brown bears, if you’re within range when you use their F2 (which you won’t be, if you’re fleeing.)

So, that’s… two whole on-demand condition clears. Three if they’re running a bear and it’s keeping up with them. In combat conditions aren’t much a consideration for a ranger. When chasing, a ranger just can’t clear snares fast enough to keep up with an ele who’s determined to get away.

The flip side is ele, who can clear conditions:

- on heal (ether renewal)
- swap to water
- on gaining regeneration (if traited)
- using magnetic wave
- using phoenix
- using cleansing fire
- on dodge roll (if traited)

An ele should laugh in the face of snares.

For mobility you have (let’s assume D/D or S/D)

- swap to air attunement (5 seconds swiftness)
- RTL (target a yellow critter for shorter cooldown, or live with the 40 seconds) (1200 leap skill)
- swiftness from GoeH if you’re using it (10 seconds swiftness)
- swap to fire, fire 3 (if mainhand dagger) (600 leap skill)
- lightning flash (900 range teleport)
- swap back to air attunement (swinging through water if snared)
- and repeat till you’re somewhere safe.

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Players always feel that their favourite profession is the weakest of the 8, and always assume that all other 7 are much stronger than what they truly are. This happens in all profession forums.

Warriors are the profession that most suffers from conditions. This is well-known among the community, and intended by the developers. A GS warriors should NOT be able to catch a good elementalist player.

Mesmers are one of the professions that most lack mobility. Just go to the Mesmer’s forums and watch people complaining about it. They have no running signet, limited access to swiftness, and their leaps and immobilizes are mostly used to burst down their opponent or to defend themselves. Their portal can’t be used to catch anyone.

There’s nothing outstanding abour Rangers, as people have shown already, and Thieves are intended to be the most mobile profession in the game.

In the end, Elementalist’s mobility is extremely strong. With many ways to cripple movement, many ways to cleanse conditions, a leap skill that completely ignores slowdown (RLT) and easy access to swiftness/ more speed; elementalists mobility is absolutely strong. They have everything they need to escape from a fight.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

the thing that we can tarhet a mob for shorten the CD its the saddest excuse from anyone who never touched an ele in his life.

It doesn t even work in PvE and have more downsides than upsides.

Its a smart idea to be locked in combat speed even if for some reason you manage to escape so its sure your opponent can catch you more easily.

Also reducing your direction/distance because even if you find a mob it won t be where you want it.

Why do even some people post i wonder….

P.S: mesmer mobility is fine they have different mobility from other classes and the same access to permaswiftness.
And i MAIN a mesmer since months

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Fishbait.6723

I`ve a Mesmer bank alt (at 80) & it`s mobility is fine.
Scepter wall/speed thingie, blink, random chance of speed boons on signets & underwater it is even faster by miles.
Plenty of times I`ve had a group chasing me around the borderlands & they could`nt do a thing.

As for ele having to tag mobs to do what every other class can do, it is failnets bad balancing.

Hell, even my warrior, I can outrun most with ease & to really take the kitten , I can shoot any critter & I get speed boosts on crits.

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Outside of focus, no, Mesmer’s ability to escape IS terrible. You’re not going to tell me that a random chance to get swiftness out of a mediocre signet is going to make mesmers excellent at escaping? :P And what good build supports this setup? Mesmers must bring portals in wvw and pvp, phantasm mesmers bring their phantasm signet, which leaves only a single slot which they take blink; while shatter mesmers take a clone stun breaker, and have one free slot, usually for illusion of life. And that’s when they don’t take condition removal.

Mesmer is just a slooow class.

in Elementalist

LordByron.8369

Outside of focus, no, Mesmer’s ability to escape IS terrible. You’re not going to tell me that a random chance to get swiftness out of a mediocre signet is going to make mesmers excellent at escaping? :P And what good build supports this setup? Mesmers must bring portals in wvw and pvp, phantasm mesmers bring their phantasm signet, which leaves only a single slot which they take blink; while shatter mesmers take a clone stun breaker, and have one free slot, usually for illusion of life. And that’s when they don’t take condition removal.

Mesmer is just a slooow class.

Are you saying that mesmer have troubles to escape? even with all buffs to stealth?

They may have some issues preventing opponent to flee but for sure they don t have any to get out of troubles.

GW2 balance: